HEARTIS Conroe - Conroe, TX

Stay Away

Worst Community Ever!! My family member was not taken care of at this community. The Director was pushy to get us to move in and promised a lot that was not delivered. The only plus was some of the caregivers who work there are compassionate and do a great job for very little pay. Others were rude and in it for a check. You have got to have a heart and passion for working in memory care otherwise do something else. There was an apparent lack of adequate training for the caregivers on communication skills, providing care and handling behaviors. My family member was often dirty and unkempt and her room a mess.

Wonderful place. When we entered the residence were watching TV with 60's music and the nurses were dancing getting them to join in. The "main Street" area is decorated so cute. There are many interactive activities and the staff is patient and caring.

The best Memory Care Community in the Conroe area!

This community by far outshines all other Memory Care Communities. They not only have a beautiful community with various size apartments they have a Montessori based
activity program. They are unique and my mom can still
enjoy baking, cooking, dancing and gardening. She has been to the museum and the symphony as well. The staff are wonderful and the director is passionate. You can tell
the residents are very happy and busy.

Great facility but they are not upfront with the contract

This facility is one of my favorites out of every other place we looked at. Everything happened so quickly when it came time to sign the contract. [Removed] who is the manager was pushy about getting my Father to sign the contract and she jumped through hoops to get him to sign it. I was very happy with the community in the beginning. All of the staff members seemed lovely and I was impressed. Unfortunately, there were a few problems where I should have questioned things. When we went to tour the facility, they quoted us one price and when we went to sign the contract they jumped the price up to the next level of care without explaining why. The other problem we encountered is they billed us for 2 months instead of 1. My Father and I had to remove my Mother from the facility after only 30 days and they said it was in the contract that they had to charge us for an extra month. I would recommend this facility on one stipulation. You need to slow down and know what you’re getting into with the contract. The facility is not up front with what’s in the contract.

Very bright and open spaces

My father is here currently and it’s been a bit of an adjustment. I was a little bit worried about safety but they’ve since corrected a few of the issues that I was worried about. The doors are very secure and even the visitors can’t get in or out without being let in or out. I like the staff, but some of them don’t seem like they’ve been trained very well. There are sometimes things going on where it feels like they aren’t paying very close attention to the residents and I think some of the staff really needs to be more attentive. The facility is very clean, though. There’s a lady that will come and clean the rooms and she works five days a week and laundry is done once a week. My dad’s room is always clean. They have morning gatherings where they try to get everyone involved and out and about. There’s an activities director that’s always trying to make things happen. They have an art studio, they’ll sit out on the patio and listen to the music from their era, there’s a really nice outdoor area, and they even just got a chicken coop with little chicks. They created a calendar for monthly activities and the director just started that. The dining and living area is spacious and seems to flow together, which I like. Overall, this facility is very nice and I would recommend it.

Supportive Community

My grandmother has not actually moved into Heartis Conroe. She is doing so much better we are waiting to see if she actually will have to move. Heartis Conroe has been very supportive to us through this transition. The staff is very friendly and the atmosphere there is very warm and inviting. My only concern is that a number of activities there are for the residents, but the new activities director is supposed to remedy that issue. They have many interactive outdoor areas for the residents to enjoy the birds at the bird feeders. The covered patios with abundant seating provided they can enjoy the beautifully landscaped surroundings. We feel we have made a good choice if it is decided that our grandmother has to move here to Heartis Conroe.

Seems really nice. We are going to try this one to see if it as fabulous as it makes itself out to be. We have high hopes. It is very expensive though, you get what you pay for.

A tour for care and comfort

We toured this community with mom. She did like the staff and the cleanliness of the community. The menu was nice and the activities would have been offered to her. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

Wonderful Staff!!

I have no complaints about the stay that my dad had at this community. The staff where amazing and so caring to him at all times. I was very comfortable with the quality of care that they where providing him and made sure that he was comfortable as can be. It was just not the right fit for him so we had to change facilities, but it had nothing to do with this place. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

My tour

This community looked clean and the people I met were nice. This community reminded me of a hotel and this would not work for dad. We were looking for a smaller environment.

I had a good tour!

I liked HARTIS when I toured. The person that took me around was friendly and helped me with any questions. The facility itself was set up very nicely, but the price was higher than we could afford.

Not Dementia

A lot of the staff is great! The ficility owners need to change care to assissted living, not memory care! But as far as Alzheimer's and dementia care stages, they do not handle things well! My dad is combative at times, they have now given us 30 days to find him a new home!

Frontier Management

Thanks for the feedback. We strive to provide excellent care to our residents at Heartis Conroe. Please contact Keith Spencer directly at [removed] for ways we can work towards resolving these issues. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Visitor

Visited a relative there. Was disappointed in the help. Most were standing around desk in hall while patients were wandering hall. Clothes are missing. Names on clothes should help laundry send clothes to correct room. Sheets missing and never found. Glad I don't need that kind of care for my family. I would look elsewhere.

Frontier Management

We regret that you had a negative experience with us, but are glad you brought this to our attention. If you'd be willing, Keith Spencer would like to speak with you at [removed] to discuss ways to improve your experience with Heartis Conroe moving forward. Thank you for your input, and we hope to hear from you soon.

We like it!

We really did like this place and would have sent my father in law here. The hold up was that they use 3rd party to do blood work and that just did not fit his needs. Also they have huge hallways that we like and heard that are a good atmosphere for people with memory issues.

Frontier Management

Heartis, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. Wishing you a great day until the next time we meet.

Nope nope nope

A Place for Mom went above and beyond to help us and I am sorry they are connected with Heartis. My mother in law was found in feces, partially dressed and finally fell while walking unaccompanied - she should not have been - and fractured her back and wound up in the hospital. The stories of how this happened were many and none were the same. We have moved her now to a more hands on, caring facility. Oh, all this happened short of two weeks. I believe the family is pursuing legal avenues.

They have a huge backyard with fancy chickens that the residents can feed or watch.

The food is delivered hot and the dining room is like a restaurant. The staff are really nice and do a good job. The building is kept clean as well as it is open and airy. They offer activities in the morning and sometimes special activities in the evening. I would recommend this community.

Don

We recently placed our dad Heartis of Conroe! The staff has been awesome from the very beginning! I see pictures of my dad actually doing projects and looking more alert then he has in a long time! The place is set up for the patients, and they have a say in what things they want to do! If a person wants to try some new activity, they try their hardest to get that going! It's nice to see that my dad is treated like a human being not just a number! I would recommend this place to everyone!

Frontier Management

Lisa, thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with our community. Your recommendation of Heartis Conroe is one of the best compliments we could receive! We are so happy to hear that your dad is thriving at our community. Thanks again for letting us know how we're doing!

Great People at Work

Wonderful Facility, who would not want there loved one here. The from the front desk back, always greeted with a smile. Morning activities are a big part to start a day, with plenty of interaction from the staff all day. This place is truly different from others, as the staff ensure to interact with each resident and communicate with each other to keep the quality of life as high as possible.

Mom Is Getting Adjusted

My mother is doing okay at this community, she is still adjusting to it. It was very hard at first, moving my mother into this community. The staff is good, but I do think they can be more professional at times. Everyone is friendly and kind. There are activities for the residents. They had a high turn over and hired a lot of new staff. They addressed my concerns regarding the smell in my mothers room. The community is pretty well-kept. Everything is going as good as expected.

A Great Place!

This place is amazing. They have such wonderful staff and they are doing unique activities for the residents. They paint, make their own spa products, make crayons for schools and even have chickens.
They take great care of my husband and I trust them. They also have great events for family members including a support group. The Director Crystal keeps everyone informed with emails and has an open door policy.
You won't be disappointed putting your loved one at Heartis Conroe.

Frontier Management

Thank you so much for taking the time to share the positive experience you have had with us at Heartis Conroe! We strive to bring an innovative approach to senior living, and we are so glad this has been evident in our Life Enrichment program as well as in our resident care! Thank you again for the kind words!

A Wonderful Place!!! You must see!

This community far exceed my family's expectations. Their activity director is truly amazing. She does such unique things with the residents. They even have chickens they are raising. When my mom went to the hospital, I was out of town and they went with her and checked on her everyday at the hospital. They all went above and beyond.
Also the community is beautiful and very clean. The Main Street area is so much fun. And we love that their is always popcorn available for everyone.
The care staff are very caring and kind. We never had any trouble with any of them.
I would highly recommend them to anyone that has a loved one with Alzheimer's or dementia.

A New Facility

Overall, I think that all the staff members were very good and they were very kind. I think just being a brand new facility though that they just have some bugs that they need to work out in their system.

understaffed

They need need more help at HEARTIS. They are understaffed. For example when they move dad they pick him up by his shorts and it gives him a huge wedgie. I just don't think the staff are trained properly. We are working with them on it. The food is okay. We have been happy with the people. One time my mom said the staff said that dad didn't get his medicine because he didn't come to breakfast. I don't think that should be happening. He should get his medicine no matter what. Rhonda there is fantastic. The interaction that I have had with the staff has been good. But some of the things I hear really need improving.

Beautifully decorated but Disappointing

Please do not be deceived. When families go to tour this facility please look beyond the surface beyond the home decorations, list of activities & menu options, Main Street. Ask questions [removed] turnover, ask to see the state inspection ratings. Do the residents seem engaged & happy. Or are they sitting around unattended. There are several rude employees from the top on downward. Very little communication to family members. Its very difficult getting a hold of staff. The rate on this SeniorAdvisor website states average mthly rent is approx $1,700. That is incorrect, it starts around $4,000 on upward. Please correct this information. Senior staff can be quite aloof towards visitors/family etc. They need to be more involved with the hourly workers & residents for better quality of care. There is significant down time & difficulty in finding there Maintenance Man, Al. The head nurse Diana seems disconnected from the residents. There are definitely clicks within the entire staff. However the marketing person Cecilia seems genuine about her concern for residents, I wish all staff with offices and those without offices shared her compassion. I am looking at moving my parent out. Its too bad, we pay alot of money every month for the level of attention we are getting. Perhaps a smaller resident to staff ratio is in order.

Horrible Place

Let me start off by saying that the facility is a beautiful facility but what's behind those beautiful walls are a bunch of lies!!! How can a executive director care about the residents when she doesn't care about her staff and their well being. She's rude not friendly doesn't engage with the residents on any level and has a horrible attitude with vendors doctors and any medical personnel. The maintenance guy Al is a weasel!!! It seems like he does all the Ed's dirty work!!! He's constantly telling things on the residents care staff instead he should be focused on his job by the way what is that" why is he still there?
I noticed a lot of good people have been fired since this woman Rhonda has taken over!!! I wouldn't recommend anyone putting their love one there!!! They will tell you anything to get you to put your family member there!! It's all about Money!!!!! I feel sorry for the residents and staff care assistants who are already there!!!!!!

Home is Where the HEARTIS!

Love this community! The Maintenance Director is fantastic! We love Al!!! Everyone should have an Al! Great community and great staff. I wouldn't have my loved one anywhere else but Heartis Conroe!

Disappointing

This facility use to be so great! But ever since this new company called Frontier Management took over it has went down. The new executive director Rhonda is really rude to the family members and the care staff. The maintenance guy never does anything but walk around play the guitar and gossip! The human resources lady never smiles and turns her nose up to people thinking she's all that which she's not!!!! Half the original staff has been fired for what reason I don't know because they were hard working friendly people. I wouldn't recommend anyone put
Their love ones in that place.

DON'T PUT YOUR LOVED ONE HERE

Very lovely facility, however, don't let the appearance fool you. The front office personnel is fantastic. The community Relations Manager, Cecilia genuinely cares about the residents. The nurses, however, do not seem to share Cecilia's caring attitude. It was obvious to our family that one nurse in particular, has no clue about learning or caring about current or potential residents. They are all lumped into a bothersome chore for her. A person afflicted with Dementia of Alzheimer's cannot control the way they think or act, however, their quality of life can improve with the right memory care staff. Unfortunately Heartis Conroe is not the staff to care for your loved one.

Watch out!

very nice place

I was very impressed with HEARTIS. It turned out that my mother was past the point of assisted living and needed another solution. But they were all very wonderful and it is a very nice place.

The only thing I can think of where they might could improve would be with the activities. I think that might be due to them not being adequately staffed, and/or possibly them being so new.

4 1/2 stars!

I like the interior design and exterior design of the facility. Most of the care givers seems to be very happy doing their jobs. The administrators and managers seem to care about what their doing. They also seem to be caring of their clients.

I was very impressed and I liked it

We toured here while we were looking for options. I was very impressed and I liked it, but my loved one doesn't want to leave home. Nice place though.

Heartis in Conroe

Wonderful environment and facility to maintain quality of life in difficult circumstances. Staff are cheerful and experienced with dementia patients.

Leadership is needed

The management is very poor. Being a Executive Director big mistakes were made by this company. You place a Memory care Director their after being open for 2 plus years. If you plan on having the program driven it should have been done from the beginning. Resident's sit around not doing much at all. The Memory care Director is wonderful. The care staff are resistant to assisting her in anyway. The Chef will not even assist. The Maintenance man talks to much and spends most of his time gossiping. The Business office Manager places signs on her door while she puts on her Make up for the day. No discipline at all. No Leadership. This community is beautiful. If I were running this community there would be extremely strong leadership. Must be driven, Happy staff Happy residents.

Could not be more pleased!!!!!

I moved my mother there last week and she loves it! The staff is amazing and so loving with her! They keep her busy with wonderful activities. The place is absolutely beautiful and inviting! She told staff after only 2 days there, "I'm so happy"....

I have tried to call about my papa and not sure of the rules at night because i live in garland..so i asked the lady melissa do they have nurses to check on him because she told me..could not answer any questions...when i called back to get more info because of my job and times i can call..melissa was rude and hung up on me.this is not my first experience with rudness..make you wonder how they treat the people staying there..unbelievable. and scary

A beautiful, new community....

A beautiful, new community. Wendy was very nice, professional and helpful. At this time I can not see my Dad being there.

Priceless Care and Compassion

I was desperately searching online from Michigan for a compassionate facility that could care for my 90 year old father in Texas. He was at the end of life stage from dementia. My mom had been caring for my father for 3 years and was very hesitant to let others care for him, even though she was in need of care herself. I inquired on the Heartis Conroe website and within 15 min. Shelly Townsend had returned my call; answered all my questions and gave me the most confident sense that all would be OK! My family was received with open arms; my dad was as comfortable as if he were at home. The entire staff was very attentive and caring every minute of the day and night.
On April 17th my father passed with dignity; surrounded by his family. The devotion, compassion, and pride that is conveyed by Heartis is priceless!

I have had the opportunity to be onsi...

I have had the opportunity to be onsite many times and have always found the community clean and the staff friendly. I have witnessed the care given their guests and it appears to be superb. Thank you for providing such an atmosphere for our memory challenged.

Shelley Townsend

Thank you for the kind words. It is exciting for us that those in our industry recognize our community as "superb." It is a privilege to be a part of an atmosphere where the concept is unique and cutting-edge; more importantly - so is the approach to care.

Breathtaking - Wow!

I recently toured this new community and found it to be an incredibly warm experience. The person we talked with, Shelley, demonstrates sincere passion whether interacting with families, patients or visitors. I love the "outside/inside" when you first walk in. The first thing that comes to mind is "Wow!"

Shelley Townsend

"Wow!" Such a compliment! I thank you personally and on behalf of our entire care team. Coordination of Care is priority at Heartis Conroe and I am grateful to know our passion is experienced by others. I am also pleased to know that "Main Street" is embraced by our guests as intended - to awaken please memories of days gone by. Long term stored memories will come alive on Heartis' Main Street - where our Residents become a part of another time created so that dignity and purpose thrive!

Memory Impairment can be life-changing. At Heartis Conroe our concept is unique and cutting-edge. So is the approach to care.

Critical Cueing concepts such as a colorfully decorated interior Main Street complete with park benches and store fronts. "Main Street - in structure and concept - awakens pleasant memories of days gone by. These long term stored memories will come alive on Heartis' Main Street and engage our residents in a meaningful conversation of a time past but not forgotten."

- Tammy Mann, RN and Corporate Director of Memory Care for Good Neighbor Care

Heartis Conroe is managed by Good Neighbor Care - one of the nation's frontrunners in providing superior-quality, resident-focused Memory Care for over 20 years.

City Info

Conroe boasts warm temperatures year-round, as well as good support systems for veterans.

- Median age in zip code: 37.3

- Average weather: Conroe has an average temperature of 68.1°F, with an annual high of 78.5°F and an annual low of 57.7°F.

- Veteran's facilities: Veterans are well supported in Conroe, with both a Veterans Affairs outpatient clinic and a Veterans Services office.

Transportation

Conroe has an affordable public transit system with additional options for individuals with disabilities, as well as a variety of more private transportation options.

- Buses: Conroe Connection, the local transit system, provides an easy way to get around Conroe, with two main routes, and for seniors, each ride costs only $0.50. Seniors with disabilities also have access to the ADA Complementary Paratransit service, which serves anywhere within a 3/4 mile radius of the fixed-route bus system.

- Taxi services include Mexicana Taxi, City Cab, Fiesta Conroe Cab, CVS Taxi Cab, and Taxi 24.

- The rideshare service Uber is available in Conroe. Seniors can easily download the service's app on their phone, and find a ride.

Health and Safety

Conroe provides lots of options for health care, and Heartis Conroe provides additional support for seniors.

- Hospitals: Conroe boasts 26 hospitals, which serve the needs of individuals covered by a wide variety of health insurers.

- Heartis Conroe: Guests at Heartis will also have access to daily nursing care, 24-hour emergency response, and memory care services.

Sports and Leisure

Conroe offers all sorts of options for sports and leisure, whether you're interested in golf, tennis, or senior-focused physical activities.

- Golf courses: There are dozens of golf courses in Conroe, including the top-rated West Fork Golf & Country Club, Wedgewood Golf Course, Conroe County Club, and River Plantation Country Club.

- Tennis courts: Conroe offers eight public tennis courts, as well as private and group lessons at Bentwater's Racquet Club.

- Gyms: The City of Conroe operates a recreation center as well as an aquatic center. The C.K. Ray Recreation Center also offers programs for seniors, including low-impact group workouts for seniors three days a week.

Shopping and Entertainment

There are all sorts of shopping and entertainment options in Conroe, whether you're looking for a bite to eat, a Hollywood blockbuster, or an afternoon in an art gallery.

- Clothes shopping: Conroe offers dozens of options for clothes shopping, including Maurices, a women's clothing retail store with a wide variety of tops, bottoms, dresses, and accessories.

- Grocery stores: There are dozens of grocery stores in Conroe, with options for any price point.

- Restaurants: With hundreds of restaurants covering a wide range of cuisines, it's easy to find a satisfying meal in Conroe.

- Movie theaters: Conroe's Star Cinema Grill allows you to take in Hollywood's newest releases while enjoying an extensive menu, as well as a full bar service. They also offer discounts for seniors.

- Libraries: Conroe is home to Montgomery County's Central Library, which offers a vast catalog of books, public computers, computer classes, and wireless Internet.

- Attractions: Conroe abounds with interesting attractions, including the Crighton Theatre, the Owen Theatre, 7 Acre Wood family fun park, the Heritage Museum of Montgomery County, W. G. Jones State Forest, the Conroe Art Gallery, and Moorhead's Blueberry Farm.

Religious Facilities

Conroe offers religious facilities for people of many faiths, whether Christian, Jewish, or Muslim.