Hearthstone at Amity - Douglassville, PA

• In house Family Physician
  • Mobile Imaging Available
  • Mobile Labs Available

Toured, very nice looking place

We toured this community while looking into senior living options for a loved one. I thought Hearthstone seemed like a very nice place, overall! The facility was new, and everything just seemed very clean and fresh! We ended up selecting another community based on proximity to family members, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

A Wonderful Place for your Loved One!

I am very happy my mother is at Hearthstone at Amity. Even before she moved in the staff was kind and caring, and that has continued. The residents are treated with respect, and everyone is invited to take part in all activities. I love the one story lay out, which allows residents to move around freely and easily. The staff is attentive and are genuinely concerned about every resident. The apartments are well maintained and are a nice size. Meals are nutritious and served restaurant style with choices for every meal. Mom is happy and safe, and after 2 days had friends.

When my 90 year old mother was in the hospital with pneumonia, we were told she couldn't be released until we had a place for her to live where she had help and could receive physical therapy. Living 125 miles away and wanting her closer,I contacted Hearthstone. Ruthie and Torie couldn't have been kinder or more helpful with making the necessary decisions and arrangements. When we arrived at 5:45 PM both mom and I were stressed and tired from the trip. After completing some necessary paper work we were taken to her suite where dinner was waiting for both of us. She has now been there for 2+ weeks, has moved into a slightly smaller suite that she chose, and is happier and more at ease than she has been if almost 2 years! I cannot say enough positive about Hearthstone and everything they did to make this life transition as easy as possible. Their rates are reasonable, no question or concern is trivial, and the staff are all kind and helpful.

My mother moved to Hearthstone in September after we toured several other facilities. I was immediately impressed with the warm welcome we received from Tori who went out of her way to accomodate our needs. The building itself is beautiful, all on one floor, with bright windows and a large multipurpose room. They have a lot of activities for the residents and keep them very involved. Everyone there is exceptional from the receptionist, to the nurses and aides, the activity directors, chef and cleaning ladies. After touring several other facilities, I am so happy we found this GEM for mom! They are truly caring and obviously love their jobs, couldn't ask for a better place.

Tori Dipiazza

What wonderful feedback! We thank you for this and do our best to make each of our residents and their loved ones feel like family!
With much appreciation,
Your Hearthstone Staff.

good food, good staff

I think the food is pretty good. It's a nice clean place with very friendly staff.

I do tbhink that they could have some more and better activities, particularly in the field trip department - getting the residents out of the facility and to the stores and other places more often.

Tori Dipiazza

Thank you for taking the time to review our community and provide feedback! Our activities vary depending on the needs of our residents. We have a residents council meeting monthly for all to attend. At this time, they may discuss new ideas and requests. Our activity directors then follow their lead. We also introduce new trips to them and schedule accordingly. We are very personalized in our care for each resident. If the majority does not want to do a specific trip, we can arrange for individuals to go shopping with the assistance of a staff member.
We also give them the opportunity to join in trips run by our other community, Hearthstone at Maidencreek. For example, we took a trip to Ott's Gardens for the Mum Mountain display. We also do a trip to the Pines Dinner Theater.
If your loved one has an idea, please be in touch and we will be happy to work with them!

Hagard daughter able to go on vacation knowing mom is in good hands.

I was able to travel across the country for a family wedding with total peace of mind. Mom was well cared for and they were able to accommodate her with only 1 day notice.
She is 96 yrs young and went in with a UTI and left healthy and stronger. I was ready to send the family on the trip without me to stay home and tend mom. A friend suggested respite care and put me in contact with Care For Mom. They had Hearthstone contact me and a representative came out to visit an access my mother. I was able to drop mom off on my way to the airport knowing she was in good hands!

Tori Dipiazza

We are certainly glad you could make that trip! Respite is a wonderful way to give a loved one 24/7 care and companionship. We pride ourselves on quick and efficient turn around to assist families when the need arises.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

I can not ask for a better place for ...

I can not ask for a better place for my mom. The staff is excellent, etc. I know my mom could not be in better hands - Thanks!

Tori Dipiazza

We thank you for choosing us! It is our pleasure.

Hearthstone at Amity is located in the Town of Douglassville, Pa. We pride ourselves on our exceptional care at an affordable price. Our custom designed Greth built community is one story and only 5 years old. Our services and amenities include up to one hour per day of personal care, medication management, 24 hour trained care staff, State of the art Central Exhaust System and much more!

Upon entering our community you will notice our spacious, bright reception hall and activity room which leads to a covered outdoor patio. Comfortable lounge areas are situated throughout the building with three beautiful hearthstone gas fireplaces. Our large dining room is beautifully appointed and includes a private dining area for residents’ families.
Our large front covered terrace and gazebo provide a comfortable area to relax and take in the nature of our country surroundings. A private lane around the community allows for our residents to walk safely, viewing the surrounding trees and rest at the many provided benches.