Greenfield Residences at Monument - Richmond, VA

Very nice place and [name removed] was great, informative and helpful. I could see my mom living here.

Care and options

We were at this community for care. They did not give the care that we were looking for. We did not like that they did not reply when they were called. The community was nice and it appeared to be clean and maintained. They had a lot of activities for the residents. It seems to have a high turnover of employees that is not helpful for the employees. We would suggest that families tour the community for the care of a loved one.

The community size is perfect for our Mom

We are really pleased with how well our mother has done here and we feel the size of this community is just right for my mom who is in a wheel chair. Mom is starting to mingle with the other residents and loves going to the dining room. There are a lot of amenities for the residents should they want to take part and the staff here are really friendly and caring and easy to communicate with. This has been a good fit for our mom.

We Moved Into A Nice Building

My mom is fine with living here and the experience has been okay. We picked them because it was what we could afford and we thought it looked like a nice community too. The people here are friendly.

Not big enough

We liked Greenfield a lot but the rooms were quite small and the place was tiny. My mother was looking for a certain amount of square feet.

Knowledgeable Tour Guide!

I toured the Greenfield Residences at Monument and thought it was a very nice place. Everyone was friendly and they showed me around. They were also able to answer any questions that I had.

A Great Community for My Father

My father has really improved since his move to this community. Everything is working out very well, and I'am satisfied with his move here. They have a very good staff, and they are caring for him and his needs very well. The community looks great, everything is well maintained. I know he is safe and being cared for well. Overall I would recommend this community, it is great place.

Lovely

Lovely service! Warm and caring staff! very easy to use. Thank you so very much! My mom LOVES it there!

Wonderful

The rooms are small, but this is a warm and cozy community. There were some issues with billing, but it is resolved now. The staff is very nice and they are great with the residents. The residents are so nice and we just love to visit with them. The atmosphere here is very family like. There have been some communication issues with the staff, but overall Greenfield is wonderful.

Nice option

The facility is very lovely and clean. The staff is friendly contributing to an atmosphere of kindness and calm. There are just the right amount of activities which mom really enjoys. The only draw back is that I have to frequently remind staff to do things that are part of the services to be rendered. Facility seems understaffed. Mom has been there now for 6 weeks and I think we have finally gotten her schedule together for laundry, cleaning, etc.

Friendly, communicative staff

Overall our experience with Greenfield Residences has been a good one! The staff is friendly and professional, and they've been very accommodating when it comes to any questions or requests that we've had. There was some confusion about the level of care they're able to provide, but they've been very willing to work with us to find a solution that works for everyone!

cant say enough good

The billing is nightmare at Greenfield Residences of Monument. Trying to get people from accounting to call you back can be troublesome. Some of them seem to hide behind voice mail. I will say the staff at this facility are excellent though, they get back with me right away. If there is ever any issue they work to resolve it. I cant say enough good about this facility.

Not a good fit for us

We toured this community while looking into care options for our loved one, and overall I just was not impressed by what I saw here. It just had too much of a nursing home feel, and didn't seem like the community would be active enough for my loved one. It seemed like a large portion of the residents spent most of the day sitting around in their wheelchairs.

The residents were so pleasant and engaging. Lots going on at all times. Rooms are small, but the people are great. Very warm and welcoming environment. Great locale in the fan.

So active!

I never believed my loved one would be doing all that she is! It’s a wonderful community and we’re very pleased with them. They’re clean and homey – a great environment for staying active and embracing life!

Heartfields is Home now!

Absolutely ~ Heartfields was your first recommendation after our phone conversation, and it has proved to be great for Mom. It's smaller size is within her comfort zone, as she has never lived in a big city, so she is very comfortable with its more intimate setting. We've had a few hiccups, but overall, she is very pleased with it. They recommended a few doctors and we have navigated through those waters, and she is very pleased & confident with all of her doctors now. She is enjoying the food and activities, including her weekly "spa" baths. It's nice knowing there is a nurse here 24/7 (although they are now hiring a night nurse replacement) and it's easy parking when we visit. The staff has a very comfortable "open door" policy where we have many avenues for asking questions and seeking assistance.

Vaughn provided a very thor...

Vaughn provided a very thorough tour and answered all my questions. A Place for Mom certainly chose a facility that met my mother's needs. I met many of the staff and was able to talk freely to the clients that I met. It was clean, neat, bright and had lots of sitting areas outside the rooms.

Welcome to Greenfield Residences at Monument Avenue !
Located in the heart of Richmond’s historic Fan District, is designed for seniors who want to live in pure elegance.
Our beautiful six story building was built in 1905, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and was recently completely renovated and re-opened as a premier senior assisted living, memory care, & retirement community. Our community blends historic beauty and charm, with a carefree lifestyle for senior. We offer short-term respite stays as well. Come and be a part of our rich heritage, and experience luxury at Greenfield Residences at Monument Avenue.
Programs & Service

Monument Avenue Programs
Assisted Living Care: In a home like setting, we offer the perfect solution for seniors who need some
assistance with daily activities. Residents are able to live independently in their own suites while receiving
the services they need from our well-trained and attentive staff.

Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Our Greenfield Reflections Program, at nearby Greenfield Senior Living
of Spotsylvania, provides an innovative approach to personalized care for seniors with Alzheimer’s and other
related memory impairments. We recognize the distinct needs of this population and provide a safe, warm,
and stimulating environment while preserving the dignity of each resident.

Hospice Care: By partnering with the area’s finest provider’s, in our home like setting, we are able to
provide high quality palliative care and maintain the highest possible quality of life.

Short-term Stays: Short-term stays are an excellent choice for seniors needing a little extra help after a
hospitalization or during an illness.

Monument Avenue Standard Services (Included in Monthly Base Fee)
•24 hour access to personal care staff
•3 delicious meals served restaurant style
•Individualized care plans and family meetings
•Social and recreational programs for residents and families
•Weekly laundry and housekeeping
•Routine health visits
Monument Avenue Standard Amenities (Included in Monthly Base Fee)
•Private or semi-private suites available with full bathrooms
•Comfortable common areas to provide a quiet setting to relax with friends and family
•Secure and elegantly landscaped settings offering a place to enjoy nature and relax
•An emergency call response system in each suite
•Continuously monitored fire and safety system
•Television media areas where residents may enjoy their favorite classics
•Cable television connections in each suite
•Ample resident parking
Other Services Available
•Greenfield Medication Management and Ordering Program
•Visits by Geriatric Internist, Geriatric Psychiatrist, and Podiatrist
•On-site laboratory and x-ray services
•On-site hair salon and barber shop