Brookdale Liverpool - Liverpool, NY

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

I toured this community

We went to this community for a tour and I had set up an appointment. But the young man seemed surprised when we got there. But he pulled it together and gave a good tour. Although this place didn't impress us. Seemed dark and dreary and just not a good fit for mom.

Not The Best Experience So Far

Due to my mom's medical conditions I am very limited as to where I can place her and at the time this seemed like a good option but now I am questioning it. I am finding there is a big overturn in staffing and the staff that is there is not living up to what was promised when I signed up. There has been one medication issue of my mother not getting an over the counter medication for a full week. The housekeeping on the weekends is beyond horrible I have had to clean and take the trash out in my mother's room for the past few weekends. Apparently, the soap dispenser had either leaked or spilled but there has been soap on the floor under the dispenser for the past few weeks and has been ignored. The staff is not encouraging my mom to participate in activities or social hours from what I am seeing.

Excellent staff at Brookdale

My mother has been at Brookdale for three months. The facility is not as new as others we toured and though mostly well kept, is a bit shabby. The grounds are cheerful though, with Sping flower beds that are well attended. Despite the older facility , we are very comfortable with our choice. The staff is very kind and attentive, and that has made all the difference. They know everyone's name and really try to attend to each resident's physical and emotional needs. Mom feels at home at Brookdale and I am sure it is due to the staff. The activities are much the same at all assisted living facilities. There were a few complaints about the food when mom first entered the new facility, but they have hired a new cook, and she and here dining companions seem very satisfied. If I could make one suggestion, it would be to have either a cat at the facility or to invite therapy pets to the facility.

Right Fit for My Mom

My mother has adjusted very well to this community, and everything is working out very well. She is meeting new people, and has even gained some weight. They have a good staff at this community. They answer all my questions, and are very attentive. There activities daily for the residents. She is pleased with the meals. They have nice family nights for the families of the residents. It is the right fit for my mother, and I would recommend this community.

Wonderful people!

The staff did a really good job with my aunt. They were outstanding with her. They treated her very well and I liked that. They were always there to help and let us know what the next step was going to be.

Very Clean And Well Maintained!!

I found the Brookdale Liverpool to be a very clean and beautiful place. I was impressed with the menu for the meals as they include desert in every meal. The staff were very friendly.

Very very poor care, very very understaffed.

A crying shame. I visited someone there several times, it looks nice, and the more 'with it' the client admitted there is, the better. It is NOT equipped to handle people with dementia. It is private pay, quite expensive. The staff is absolutely bare-bones-skeleton. They simply will NOT hire enough people to take care of the clients, they are very overworked and rushed rushed rushed. 10 minutes per client in the morning, starting at 6 a.m. The janitor there was asked to lead the 'exercise classes', not even an activities director.;;; Do not be fooled, it may look OK but there is not nearly enough staff to take care of your loved one. If they have dementia, the facility can't handle it and will call and tell you to find other accommodations. Terrible place.

Taking Good Care Of My Mother

So far everything is working out pretty well. My mother is doing good here, she has made some new friends. From what I've seen so far everything seems to be very well maintained. They do a good job with keeping the community clean. They have a good staff here. She is keeping active with all the activities they offer. She is happy with the food. Overall I know she being cared for well and I would recommend this community.

Christopher was helpful in assisting me to decide this community would not meet the needs for my family member.

Positive and welcoming community.

Things are going great since my Mom has moved in to Brookdale Liverpool. She seems to be adjusting very well. The staff is very friendly and welcoming, it feels like family there. Over all it's been a very positive experience and I would definitely recommend this community.

Most satisfied.

Westside Manor has been great in everything and I appreciate all they do for everyone and would recommend
to everyone that this is the place to go for their love ones.

Resident director and one of the LPNs are the unfriendly and rudest people there could be at a senior living faculty.

Very helpful with research for a placefor my 92 year old Aunt. Even after choosing a place they followed up and were helpful with other Senior programs out in community.

Emeritus West Side Manor not for the Dementia Patient.

When looking for a care facility in Liverpool, NY, we toured Emeritus West Side Manor and decided this would be a good facility for my mother as it was close to her home and the area would be familiar to her. My mother has dementia. She was evaluated by the nursing staff at Emeritus at West Side Manor prior to being moved there. We were told that they felt they could handle a dementia patient. Two weeks after moving her there, I received a telephone call from West Side Manor telling me that they could not handle Mom's dementia and that I should find another facility to move her to as soon as possible. This put us into a tail spin trying to get her into another facility as she could not return to her home. As for the cleanliness of the facility, for the most part it was clean; however on several occasions my family felt the hallways where the individual rooms were located smelled of urine. The staff was always friendly to us, but we did get the feeling that on several occasions my mother's dementia issues got the best of some of the caregivers and they were not as patient as they needed to be with her. The activities seemed to be plentiful; however, it was up to the resident get to them at the correct time andto put their name on lists for the outings outside the facility, something a dementia patient did not have the presence of mind to do. The meals seemed to be well planned and generally liked by the residents. I think this facility is fine for short-term nursing care, but do not recommend it as a facility for the long-term care of a dementia patient.

Good Hands

Your loved one is in good hands. There is enough parking. The community is very clean and the staff has always been very friendly to me. The value is comparable to other communities. The care services are fine.

The Exectuive Director met ...

The Exectuive Director met with us, and we appreciate her time spent. This was our first visit to an Assisted Living Community and met all our expectations. Everyone of the people there seem very well cared for and in great spirits.

Things have gone very well.

Things have gone very well. They are doing exactly what they have promised in every way, she has three meals a day and she is taken care of. We have complete access and we can come and go, and she can come and go. The food is about a four. They are good at communicating, and will call and let us know about anything going on.

It's been going well.

It's been going well. I think that certain residents are always going to take more advantage of the activities than others. I think they are pretty fair for what they offer, price-wise. They make pretty much everything from scratch, so the food is pretty good. If I were to let a family know anything going in, I would say to get all your questions ready ahead of time and make sure they are answered.

I am happy with West Side Manor, Emeritus on Long Branch Road, Liverpool, NY. I just feel there should be more staff in dining room and maintenance. They seem to be overworked.

Lied to Me

My father is not there anymore. I didn't like any of it. My father was there a week and he hadn't had a shower yet but they told me he had. They lied to me about a lot of stuff I knew wasn't happening. He has Alzheimers so he has a hard time following direction. With a person with Alzheimers you have to be gentle and that wasn't happening. There were a lot of little things, a lot of reason I took him out. He's back with me now.