Brookdale Lohmans Crossing - Austin, TX

A tour with options

We toured this community. The staff that we were supposed to meet were not available. We were not happy with the atmosphere. The public restroom was not clean. The community dark. We did not see a menu on the meals that are offered. We are not sure if they have activities for my parents to participate. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one. Families might consider looking at the options that are available.

Comfort for Dad!

My father's stay at this Brookdale location is going smoothly! The facility is well maintained. The staff is very friendly and are sure to communicate and concerns or changes with the family. There are ample opportunities for my father to participate in activities. Overall, my father's stay is going quite well.

No complaints!

Everything was very nice here and the community looked well kept. The staff was wonderful and very helpful with everything that we asked. The residents seemed to like it here and it was very pleasant here.

Good place for mother.

Mother is happy here. Staff really seem to care about her well being. Everyone is very responsive and we have been pleased. Not the fanciest place but it does the job.

Mom's Happy Here

I was happy helping my mom move into a great community . We found it to be very clean and we like the wonderful staff that are so helpful. She is under the care of great people. They do offer activities to help her stay active. We do recommend the care here for others.

Place has changed

The facility used to be a great place. It was one of the best in Austin. The director has changed. The place is definitely declined in the quality of care. There are a few staff that have been working there for awhile, however overall the turnover is great. There is a lack of understanding of how to care for the elderly population and the effect of negligence has on this population. It's sad how the place has changed in the last 8 months.

Brookdale Senior Living

Please be assured the safety and well-being of our residents is our number concern. Our local management team and regional operations team are aware of your comments for review.

Poor

Poor leadership, poor care, understaffed, under educated staff.

Brookdale Senior Living

We regret to hear about the change in your experience. Our local management team and regional operations team are aware of your comments.

Good Place For Basic Care

This location is good if your love one needs assistence with meals, & keeping his/her apartment clean.
This location has very high employee turn over. All of the employees are friendly but are lacking general education in the caring of the elderly. You should not place your love one here if they require anything beyond the food, shelter and cleaning services.

Small assistance

My husband was very happy at this location. The food is very good. Staff is excellent, but they could be alittle more helpful with helping with unpacking his things.

Staff Needs Do Their Jobs Better

This is a decent community, and everything is going fair for my friend. It is a pretty clean facility, but I do think they need to do minor cleaning better. This is a community caters to the residents that have a higher level of care then her. There isn't much activities for her to do. Most of the activities are geared towards the residents that need more care. The food is awful, it is like per packaged meals. I think the director needs to check on the staff more and make sure they are doing their jobs right.

Great location, friendly staff, needs a pep talk

Brookdale Lohmans Crossing is located in an upscale area of Austin where property values are high, so this is a consideration in value. There are better "deals" which in my opinion provide better food and more outside or away from facility activities - but not located in Lakeway. I'm not in a position to comment on care services because my experience is with someone who doesn't require a higher level of assistance. I am concerned about housekeeping - the facility always appears clean and orderly - but I know for sure that sheets and towels are not changed weekly. I've asked about this and one time I was told that they ran out of laundry detergent that week; another time that housekeeping is performed when the resident is not in his/her apartment - but I've set tests by a particular arrangement or attaching something to an article and found it not exactly as left - so I hope they will take heed to this review. It's not major - just a service for which they are being paid and not performing well. My relative complains about the food, but that's likely because of the preparation without salt or spicy ingredients. Lunch is a lot better than supper, but since meals are the highlights of the day for most residents, the whole dining room experience could be improved if it were treated more like a restaurant and less like an institutional cafeteria. It's not a really bad experience, just not a good one.

Great place to live

This facility is great! My mother has been living here 15 months. She is happy. They have a great Executive Director-Sharon. The staff are friendly and truly care about the residents. The staff treat each resident with dignity and respect. There are activities, outings and celebrations within the community. The difference here is the leader!

Perfect spot.

It is always a difficult transition and moving my husband's mother from a different state added more stress and difficulties. The staff at Loehmans Crossing made it seamless and easy for us, going above and beyond to come up with whatever it took to smooth the transition.

His mother complains about the food, but she has gained weight and looks great. This is definitely the right place for her!

They need to improve on communicating with me on things that are going on with my mother in law. The communication there is lacking.

The ideal place for us

So far, this seems to be the ideal place for us, given the circumstances. The staff is very kind and they go out of there way to help. The building is very clean and the people that live there seem to be well taken care of.

While this place is reasonable and clean. For us, it was a little far.

Great, small facility. Very organized. All rooms the same. Not for Mom though. She would like a little more room in the room for furniture. All else would have been great. Prices higher than expected for location and same size room in entire facility.

My experience with Emeritus at Vista ...

My experience with Emeritus at Vista Oaks was good. The sales lady was very organized and very helpful. They did a very good job assisting and facilitating placement for an injured worker. A lot of TLC...

To enter with a cautious mind – know that it will take a little while for everything set for a family member. They are will willing to correct shortfalls and mistakes. My dad says the food is okay. They have pizza and salads at dinner. The community is conveniently located, but there isn’t enough parking.

They are very clean. They are all really expensive. The food is about a 3, they have certain mealtimes, and that is a little restrictive. They don't have snacks out during the day. I think overall we don't have any complaints. What I liked is that there isn't a separate locked wing for the people with memory care or Alzheimers. I liked that you could stay unless you have a real nursing need, without needing to move to a separate wing or floor.

Good Value

Things went well, for the most part. I mostly dealt with the upper level staff, but there were some complications with the lower level staff. I can't think of any improvements needed, though. They did a great job! I tried the food, and I would probably give it a 4. For these kinds of places, the food was good. Also, the value is very good. You get your money's worth!

Visited in June. Adrienne ...

Visited in June. Adrienne was very nice, but the place felt depressing to me. Maybe the more active residents were out that day?

Love at first sight!

This is a smaller community than my father has been living in and feels more like a home. It is clean, cheerful, peaceful, well decorated, and very well staffed. I toured and he had given me permission to sign him up without him visiting, which I did on the spot. Even though this is further for most of our family to drive, the care they provide for him is the most important aspect to a facility and their staff is A1. My father has now moved in and I have already seen the attention and care the staff gives him and the others who live there.

Vista Oaks

I've found Vista Oaks to be supreme. Whoever did the hiring did an excellent job. Professional, caring and with good follow through describes the personnel. And the building is homey and clean. Overall, I'm thrilled we found them.

Very clean, quiet, everythi...

Very clean, quiet, everything my father needs, and great special on the price. Left a deposit and will be back on Monday to finalize papers.

much older residents ... fe...

much older residents ... feel Mom would age quickly amongst them. Many activities. Love how they allow students (high school and mentally challenged) to come visit with the residents. Clean. No one there to welcome you as you come in. Appreciated their invitation to visit with Mom in her home setting. No memory care unit for us to move Mom into if we need to.

Great, small facility. Very organized...

Great, small facility. Very organized. All rooms the same. Not for Mom though. She would like a little more room in the rooms for 'her' furniture. All else would have been great. Prices higher than expected for location and same size room in entire facility.

Fourteen years in the heart of Lakeway, TX means Vista Oaks has touched the majority of residents of Lakeway because we have cared for a loved one, neighbor, or friend. Three out of four Lakeway residents know Vista Oaks and what we stand for. Excellent care for those entrusted to us. The management team alone has over 50 years experience in senior care not to mention the 20 years of 3 of our most tenured care staff. Parking is easy, convenient and close to the front door. Entering the community feels like walking into grandma's house with the large stone fireplace, baby grand piano and view of the courtyard containing a putting green and the United States flag. When you walk through Vista Oaks you feel the love, care and compassion of all you meet. One story means no elevators to contend with which means convenience, safety and accessibility. Come see for yourself and experience what senior care should be.