Brookdale Vacaville - Vacaville, CA

living at an Emeritus Senior Living community.

The sense of community is all around you when you become part of the Emeritus family. Through special
delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Great

It was a great place to put our parents. They really liked it also.

A little too spread out...

After touring this facility, I saw that it was fairly nice. The building seemed a bit older, but it was still clean. My primary concern with this Brookdale location was the fact that the building was too spread out and things weren't quite as remote as my loved one would want them to be. Ultimately, it seems like a fine facility.

Good fit for mother-in-law

My mother-in-law has adjusted well. The staff is friendly, the community is clean and she is getting involved in activities. We chose this community because she liked the atmosphere right away.

Assisted living area very nice. Memory care unit not great, although the shared rooms are the best I have seen with a jack and jill bathroom dividing the space giving privacy. Pricing was a bit too high for me.

A step up!

This place is awesome. The staff is great and they are really showing my loved one kindness and being helpful. The food however is terrible and can use some work. Other than that the whole place is good and I would recommend them to friends.

My Thought Of The Tour!

This is a nice clean community. The way it is built this community looks more like a hospital building. The staff I met during my tour were nice.

In A Great Location

It seem like this is where my parents need to be. My mom has made more progress and it was an easy move-in for my dad. They have 24-hour care and a hospital is down the street. The staff are nice,helpful, and cheery. My mom would love more trained nurses and experienced assistants. At times she says she has to wait for help but for the most part they are prompt. A few times, the entertainment did not show up and the movie night did not happen. They were disappointed to see the activity calendar but at times they did nothing.

Best of Vacaville

After viewing all the Assisted Living facilities in Vacaville, we chose Brookdale at 1111 Ulatis Drive as the best option, both for value and amenities. The facility has a good feel to it, and the staff have been friendly and helpful. The dining center is set up very nicely, however I would rate the food as a 7 out of 1-10. My only complaint is that their home office billing department does not seem to coordinate well with this branch facility, so none of our billing statements so far have been correct.

My Father's Care

This is a nice community. The staff was wonderful and caring. his room. the food seemed to be good. They have activties that are offered to everyone if wanting to participate. I would recommend this for good care. We were happy with Edna and Tericita and Redmond, Joe. They were exceptional caregivers for my father.

Needs Updating!!

I was really sad when i left this community the atmosphere was very sad. There was a strong odor throughout the whole place. It was clean and organized but it was a much older community. I didn't feel like this was the place for my loved one. They did offer meal plans and activities but the layout didn't meet our needs.

I would recommend this community!!!

My Mother in law did well with her stay at Brookdale Vacaville. We worked with Joe and Aida and they were wonderful. They gave her great care while she was there. She liked the food and they keep the community clean. She was in the memory care unit before she went home.

I would recommend this community!

The only small issue I had with Brookdale Vacaville is that they did not have much of an orientation on the first day. Mom likes the healthy food they have. They offer various activities and she does participate in some. The community is kept clean and the staff are very attentive.

Respite stay 2 wks

Some mis communications in care expected. Other wise pleased with facility and overall stay.

This facility looked clean and inviting him the staff they were very nice and took us around although I did hurt hear that they had a recent death due to not adhering to the doctors prescription on one of the patients diets so that pretty much eliminated this facility for me.

A Good Facility

Brookdale Vacaville was a very good facility for my loved one. They have a lot of activities and the person in charge was just wonderful with the residents and they made it a friendly and warm feeling.

room flooded

Moms room flooded while she was staying for a short while at Brookdale Vacaville and the staff just left her in there. It took forever for them to let her change rooms. She never got a bath the whole time she was there. She was also sick one day and no nurse came to check her out . She just had a terrible experience. I am having her stay again in October and hoping the experience goes much better. If it doesn't we will never have her stay at this facility again. They did give us 2 free days for the stay. I will also say the staff was very nice there.

fantastic

The marketing director at Brookdale Vacaville was really fantastic. She was very friendly and very enthusiastic.

When my mother in law went in there, it was a bit scary for her. I do think that they could have given her a little more attention and helped ease her in a little better. That is my only suggestion.

On the whole everything about them has been really great and I am thankful for them.

didn't have a good experience at all

We were informed that we could move in on a Sunday which suited our needs. Then when we showed up, there was no staff there. There was no oxygen for our loved one that needed some, and they should have known that he needed it. The entire ordeal was not good and we ended up having to move our loved ones out there after going through the trouble of getting them in there. During the short time they were there the care was not very good either. It took them a long time to answer when buzzed for care needed. We didn't have a good experience at all.

I liked the facility for independent care. I didn't see any activities going on or interaction . Did not care for the memory care wing . I like the promotion and
I liked the room share configuration .

I think they are doing good so far.

I think they are doing good so far. I thought the staff were more friendly and caring, they did their job, but then they went above that. They weren't just a stickler for this is how it is. They are pretty flexible. So far I can't think of anything that could be improved.

Very happy

We love it! We’d rate it a six plus out of five! They’re a wonderful and caring group! The activities are also excellent. Everyone there is very respectful of the residents and the family. I walk in there and everyone greets you! They all know my mother. I haven’t seen one negative aspect even down to the person who drives the bus to take them on their outings. My mother was a difficult person and they’ve gotten her to socialize and participate. She has nothing, but wonderful things to say about everyone. I feel she’s safe and cared for. It’s a big change in my mother. Everyone there is wonderful and caring.

Very Happy

This has been a great community for my loved one so far. The grounds are very nice, the dining room setup is nice, and it has the feel of a resort. The staff is very sweet and nice. There are many places for residents to gather and socialize -- in living rooms and alcoves. The only thing I don't like is the smell that I often find. It seems like the rooms are not cleaned often enough. Otherwise, a great community!

Everything is great! They are clean and everyone is friendly.

Everything is great! They are clean and everyone is friendly. I feel like I am getting my money's worth. They are quick to respond if there are ever any needs or concerns. They have a lot of activities. It would be nice to maybe have some kind of direct communication with the caregivers, something like a bulletin board or dry erase board. It would be easier than trying to go find one person so they can give a message to another person. Just for little things, like need more toothpaste, please put compression socks on, that kind of thing. The food is fantastic, it's really good. It looks great and smells awesome. We chose them because when we were first looking around it felt right, it felt kind of newer and less like a care home and more like a hotel, or resort.

Very nice place, with a few issues

During the touring and selection process they were very helpful and attentive here, but I feel like once we moved in and they were paid they really dropped the ball when it came to the service. The director, who we'd been in communication with when we were touring never came to introduce herself after we moved in. Really there was no orientation or welcome of any kind, other than a note in the room. We had to wander around the community ourselves to find and introduce ourselves to her med-tech, and to get her set up with the medication service.
And now that she has been there a few weeks we're still not very impressed with the care, we're still having to stay very involved and on top of things when it comes to her care. We'd hoped they'd be much more hands on and take some of the load off of our shoulders.
All that being said, this is still a very nice community despite the lack of proactive communication from the staff. The caregivers themselves are all very friendly, and they've been doing a great job of getting her involved in the social activities. Just keep in mind that you'll need to keep an eye on your loved one's situation here.

A light at the end of a frightenly narrowing dark tunnel.

I am so grateful you helped guide me to this place. The people there are amazing. Mary Williams took us through the 5 hour form (smile). She was absolutely amazing.
I"d spent time with her before the due date - but when that date hit, my mother, who had been the pitbull from hell, suddenly sailed in like the Queen Mary - gracious, relaxed, and friendly. And me - the caretaker - looking like I'd been rolled in an ally and tortured within an inch of my life (which , dare I say it, I had!).
....and insult to injury, had lost my carefully honed sense of humor?
Ms. Williams didn't blink an eye.
They ended up having to take over my mother's meds, and so far the change over has been easy and painless.

There was even a mix-up about being able to have a cat.
And Mary was generous enough to go with what we'd been mistakenly told. And that cat has made all the difference to my mother's attitude.
Thank you so much for your humanity and understanding.

Emeritus has potential....but pitfalls too.

A beautiful facility with healthy (but very bland) food. Stay on the caregivers....too many times my moms bed was totally wet...once we reached an agreement, all went well. Do your own meds whenever possible or they will be screwed up (by hospice)...and yes, you CAN change hospice...and...when your loved one passes away...you will loose your deposit (over 1,000) because you didn't give thirty days notice....would have been nice to know that ahead of time...

Great community

Would have really loved to get our loved one here but they did not have any private rooms available. The community is really nice and beautiful. The only difference with this community and Emeritus at Rancho Solano would have been the convinience for our family to visit. I would recommend this community to anyone. Only reason we did not choose it was because of the lack of a private room available.

What a wonderful facility!!The staff ...

What a wonderful facility!!The staff was very knowledgeable and friendly.This is a perfect fit for our mother.5 stars!!

Very nice place.

Very nice place.

This place was super clean and nice a...

This place was super clean and nice and Director was very helpful. We really liked the room set up as well as the court yard and outside spaces. Residents have access to it at all times.

This location is where myself and my ...

This location is where myself and my brother both really liked. The tour was great. The people were very nice as soon as you stepped in the door. And the area where my dad would be staying is some place where I could see him in. I felt very that he would do very well in this facility. We will be contacting them when the time comes for his placement in a facility.