Brookdale Village - Oklahoma City, OK

Really disappointed!!!

Initial tour was wonderful. Everything looked beautiful. The staff was wonderful in the beginning. However, everything after the time we moved my family member in, then went to [Removed]. The food is beyond bad to say the least, and that's being kind. The food they feed the residence is nothing short of institution food with zero effort put in to make it look or taste anything above that. The only staff that is ever seen on a regular basis is the wait staff, some of whom are less then friendly, and have a permanent look of utter [Removed]. There are other jobs out there people. The ONLY other time you see any staff, is if you go to the front desk, otherwise, they are nowhere around, anf are usually unavailable to residents. No one seems to know anything on the weekends about some of the "amenities" here, making it impossible for family members to assist their loved ones on the weekends. #frustrated!!
So, they need to remember who is paying the rent here, and make it worth the residents time and money! [Removed] is to young and inexperienced to have a "lead" position, [Removed], [Removed] needs to go and there needs to be more organization and consideration of the residents.
Overall, knowing what I know now, I wouldn't recommend this place at all!

Take a look

I liked this community when I visited. The staff I met were nice and the community looked well taken care of. We would consider this community if our loved one decided they were ready to move.

Wonderful tour!

This is a wonderful facility! The staff were very friendly and the facility looked clean and well maintained. When looking around the facility, though some residents looked lost, many seemed to be very happy. I was very impressed with the activities that Brookdale had to offer. I also liked that the facility is small enough for my loved one to get the attention that she needs.

Wonderful experience meeting everyone at Brookdale .. both staff and residents! Facility looks great and has a nice atmosphere. I talked my dad into moving to Texas and that is why we didn't choose Brookdale. Otherwise, it was a yes!!!

All Good People

It is just an average facility, nothing really extravagant about it, or out of the ordinary. It seems like every time I ask to get something done, I have to keep repeating myself. They are all good people though, there is nothing bad about them.

Nice ,clean amd quiet

Nice, clean, & quiet. Caregivers are courteous and helpful but response time is occasionally quite slow. The whole staff has been very friendly and easy to work with. My mother finds the food quite bland but I think it probably has to be to accomodate everyones needs.

Horrible facility

This is the worst assisted living I have ever been in. I would not recommend this facility to even my least favorite person.

Emeritus at the Village---a harmonious community.

The facility, staff and residents at Emeritus at the Village are caring, genuine, friendly and helpful! No matter what our needs have been, there have been people willing to lend a hand. The activities are entertaining and give the residents something to do throughout the day. Emeritus has taken a stressful time and turned it into a safe haven.

Very nice looking place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one and we were very impressed by what we saw! It's a very nice looking place, and the staff we spoke with were all very friendly. They looked like they had a lot of activities going on, and I was also impressed by the food!

Charming and intimate atmos...

Charming and intimate atmosphere. The residents were very friendly and welcoming. Apartments were a very nice size. Food was okay. Price was the highest of all we looked at.

Overall warmth of the community.

Have only been a couple of weeks. The people are friendly and seem to be well connected to what they are doing. The grounds are well maintained. It was the overall warmth of the community that help us to make our decision.

Excellent staff

They are very willing to work with you on various options. My mom has dementia, but isn't ready for memory care yet. They have been very attentive to her through this rough transition. Even many of the residents have gone out of their way to be nice and helpful. We were pleasantly surprised at how nice the memory care wing was for when mom needs to transition there. This was the best place for the money!