Brookdale Grants Pass - Grants Pass, OR

Overly Expensive

As a relative, Brookdale is generally a nice facility, but food is often served cold. And the biggest issue is the cost increases, averaging about 7% every year!!!!!, With no additional care being provided. Hate to see what it will be next year?

Beautiful Facility

I toured at Brookdale with my loved one and I really liked this community. I thought it was a beautiful facility, but my loved one did not like it as much. If it had not been for the cost, we may have gone here.

This is one of, if not the, best communities in the area

When we first walked into this facility, it looked like a 5 star hotel. They have beautiful artwork, the dining room is open, you can see outside and see the landscaping, and overall it just looks so nice. My Mom has been here for about 6-7 weeks and she’s settling in nicely. The staff is great and very helpful. I think the residents that are there are all pretty friendly and she’s been able to make some new friends. Our family has joined her at meal times quite often and I would say it’s pretty good. There are a couple of choices of soup every day and there’s even a salad bar and I think that’s a big plus. They offer a lot of activities and they give out schedules of what trips are available if anyone wants to participate. During the holidays they’ll have school groups come by to sing and entertain everyone as well. Overall, I would definitely recommend them.

Assisted living looked shabby and filthy

While I was at this facility, I was touring their assisted living building and I was not impressed. In the dining room, all of the tables were scraped up on every corner like all of the carts and wheelchairs were hitting them. They didn’t have an upscale appearance and the cleanliness wasn’t that great either. The whole place looked shabby and filthy like their walls, carpets, and elevators. On the other side, they have independent living and it was completely different. I would not recommend this facility to other families who are looking for assisted living.

Rooms with only windows

I toured this community while I was looking for a place for myself. I am an outdoor person and I like to be able to go outside, but I noticed when they were showing me the rooms they only had ones with just windows. They keep up with the cleanliness and the food is good, I have dined there a few times. There were some issues that I dealt with that I do not want to get into, but the people there are happy and they seem to have a lot of activities, one of which I know is going to the casino. Ultimately I went with a different community.

Sales Person Wasn't Very Helpful

I was not impressed as to how the tour went at this location. My friend and I felt that the person running the tour had a previous history in used car sales because that is the way he was handling us. He was trying to up sell something that we were not interested in. He wasn't really very helpful when asking about pricing or other questions he was passing the buck so to speak saying we would have to ask this one or that one. The front office people were nice. We didn't like that the complex was huge and it just turned both of us off.

It's Going Good For Mom Here

I have noticed how happy mom is here at the community. The staff are very friendly, I feel secure knowing Mom is in good hands and appreciate they are on top of the medications. My mom's room is clean and well-kept along with the rest of the community. My mom has complained about the food not tasting good and the delay of serving her food. Other than that, she has really involved herself in the activities like bingo and card games and she also gets a weekly visit from the hairdresser. I would recommend this community.

nice but under-staffed.

nice staff.
shortage of staff.
billing miscommunications.
nice apartments.
nice facility.

Everything is good about Brookdale

I have nothing negative to say about Brookdale Grants Pass. Everything is good about it. They're great people, the food is good, there's quite a few activities. I'd tell others if they're looking for a place of this nature, that they can't go wrong with Brookdale.

Very happy

Things are going fine. We are very happy with Brookdale. If something happens that I don't like or I don't agree with, I will just go speak with the manager and it will be resolved. So far, we don't have any problems at all.

I'm happy here

I love it here. The people are nice to me, the food is good, and everyone is cheerful. I coulnt be happier. I've made a lot of new friends during my time here and I love how up beat the people are. I could be happier.

Management Is Stern

The management staff members are very stern over at the Brookdale Grants Pass Village. They do not let the other staff members do what they want or what they need to do in order to provide adequate care.

I think they've done very well. My mom loves it there, she's real happy. I think they do a good job.

Since Brookdale bought it out everything seems to be going downhill

Since Brookdale bought it out everything seems to be going downhill. They reduced some of the staff. I'm suppose to have housekeeping once a week. I have not had any housekeeping. Whats on the menu is not acceptable. The majority of the staff are untrained, but they are very very nice. What bothers me is that they are just not trained. My overall rating of the Emeritus at the Springs Campus is 2 stars.

Mom is doing really well

Mom is doing really well at Emeritus at the Springs Campus. She loves the food. She is a very social person and enjoys being there. She seems to be really happy with the place. It is a beautiful place, and she has been able to decorate it the way she wants. We are very pleased with Emeritus at the Springs Campus and would recommend them.

The residents seem to feel that the f...

The residents seem to feel that the food is mediocre. It often isn't properly prepared. It isn't up to home cooking standards for people used to cooking for themselves.

I know she's gotten very good care. She feels that the care is good. She has to be taken to meals because she doesn't have a powered wheelchair. They are attentive to caring for her needs, and anticipating her needs, and making sure she has what she wants.

The activities are tailored to the majority of the people who are there. Her feeling is that people aren't interested in things. There isn't much turnout for activities and they aren't activities she is interested in. For instance there are no opportunities to play cards with people, which is a favorite leisure activity. Bingo games are popular but seem slow.

The facility itself is lovely, comfortable, and quiet. It is very well kept up. They are responsive to cleaning things up very quickly.

The location is half an hour away but I live in the country, but it is in a good location.

overall my experience at springpointe...

overall my experience at springpointe has been fairly positive. most of the staff is excellent and works well with the seniors at the facility. when i was first looking at emeritus i was told that there would be 2 staff members at each unit 24 hours a day that has not been the case i rarely find more than 1 person on each unit and frequently cannot find anyonein the entire building. once i needed some of my mothers personal belongings which is locked up by the staff not only could i not find staff on her unit but there was no one in the entire building. i finally found the med distribution lady and she could not get ahold of anyone. this is at about 7:30 pm. another time a resident had fallen and laid on the floor for some time because there was no staff around. activities are nonexsistent almost. at most someone comes in and plays music occasionaly. i understand they are hiring a new activities director hopefully this will change. the biggest problem seem to stem from a lack of staffing.

I think this is excellent. I moved my...

I think this is excellent. I moved my mother in four months ago and we have had no issues.

My mother has not been happy since she moved there, because she never wanted to leave her home. Other than that my mother has had no complaints.

My mother feels that she is paying too much for rent, but she does not understand how much it takes to allow someone to have assisted living.

Amazing Staff

The ameneties were absolutely awesome! However, it was the staff that really put them over the top for us. They really worked with us and went out of their way to help us in any way. They did things that they were not obligated to do, and they really were just amazing! It was a great experience!

The food is yummy. I think their willingness to see if you're happy is what really stands out about them. They are clean and friendly and I am very happy with it.

The hospitality, and the knowledge, a...

The hospitality, and the knowledge, and the staff is great! I do feel like once the resident gets in there, they drop all communication with the resident, when they were first trying to get in, it was, what can we do, and how can we help and when they paid the money and moved in, and it all went away. The services and the staff were great, but once they got the money it just all stopped, and when we said we were going to move out, they were all over it. The worker complained all the time about being short staffed, and they felt like they were putting people out when they asked for help with little things like hanging a large picture. Springs meadows is the one they were in. The look of it, it's a beautiful building, it's really neat the way it's decorated. The food I would give a four. It was neat to walk around and look at the old pictures on the walls, and the old furniture, the curio cabnets. I think they lack the extra training or a different way of orienting the staff. They had singers come in and all kinds of thing. Maybe once a resident moves in they can give a little more of an effort to encourage participation, at least for the first month or two. They had a lady that introduced herself, once, but never followed up. My mom attempted to join in but found it to be kind of cliquey. We warned the staff that this was going to be a hard transition for them and they said they would be there and get them involved and make them comfortable, this didn't really happen. They were the only ones who would work with us as far as the down and the deposit. We chose them because they sounded very genuine, but they fell majorly short. I hope they are able to see this and just improve a little bit as far as getting residents involved and paying attention to those not adjusting well. This was the only site that had gap care for independent living an organization that came in on the side that you pay for extra care services, a subsidized group that could come out if you needed some help for an hour, or even fifteen minutes to help with things that were just a little too difficult.

Great!

My dad isn't too far in to the care they have but they have room service and laundry every week. All that is absolutely great. The activities are great too. I think it would be nice if they expanded the food menu a little.
You always have an alternative menu like a sandwich or a cheeseburger or something and my dad orders off the alternative menu a lot. Most of the people there order off the alternative menu too. They don't offer a lot of potato products and I think they have steak maybe once a month. That would be the only thing they could improve on I think.

We really like that they have all levels of care, all the way to hospice. It's nice to know my dad will never have to move to a whole new place and have his routine disrupted.

Issue With My Deposit

I'm very upset with them. They had a cottage that I thought might do. I talked to Gretchen, who is the woman there, and put down a $500 deposit. When I found another place I called to let her know and told her I would go pick up my check. She said there was no need; she would just tear it up. I went to my bank online and they had cashed that check. I went up to the office at the place I am now and they called over there and then told me Emeritus was going to send me a check in the mail. I received it yesterday. I'm glad I got that back.

looks like an interesting place

looks like an interesting place

Grants Pass area. 2 Golf cources. Cl...

Grants Pass area. 2 Golf cources. Close to YMCA. Best prices so far. Received brochure. Sending to Press