Brookdale Cheyenne - Las Vegas, NV

We thought that the property while somewhat dated was clean. Staff was friendly.

We worked with [name removed] on 2 separate visits while we were making our selection for my parents. She was outstanding! Out of 8 facilities we visited, she was the most personable, professional and knowledgeable representative of all. I can't say enough good things about her.

They go above and beyond expectations

The staff here go above and beyond all of my expectations. They are taking 100% care of my Father and they pay a lot of attention to his needs. I really didn’t think they would be on it this quickly. From what my Father has told me, he really likes the food. The grounds themselves look good and it’s nothing super fancy. The only thing I could say is that the carpet could use some cleaning. The reason why we picked this facility I because of the quality of care for the price that you receive. I would recommend this community to other people.

Not the right one

Brookdale Cheyenne was a nice community. The staff was friendly and answered all of our questions. It had a little
of that institutional look and feel. It also did not meet our needs location wise.

Beautiful Community

Brookdale Las Vegas was a very nice tour. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The environment was very clean and well-maintained. We chose another community that was a better fit for our budget.

A tour for care

We toured this community for care. The staff did not impress us. This community did not have the environment that we wanted. The community seemed to be nice but needed some small improvements. They had activities for the residents who may have wanted to participate. We would suggest that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Friendly Staff!!

The staff at this community have been very understanding and helpful to my fathers situation. They where accommodating to his needs and made sure to provide him with excellent care. I am thankful for them and everything they did for him.

Comfort for mom!!

My loved one is still their adjusting, and she is doing well. She likes bingo and the staff is all very nice. The only thing I wish they could improve on is giving us more notice when my loved one is running low on drugs. Other than that, they are taking good care of her and it has been a pretty good experience so far.

Very pleased.

My mother-in-law is very happy at Brookdale Cheyenne. It's very clean, smells nice and the staff is very friendly. She's getting involved in activities and making new friends. We chose this community because we felt it was a good fit for her and it was close to home.

Don't Punish your loved ones

Very depressing place -98% don't smile they all look so sad. I wouldn't send my worst enemy there. My very good friend was there she became so depressed almost immediately. As far as activities not too much going on except bingo and a few others. My friend had jewelry, money purse with all her IDs cc and cash disappear along with half her clothes and even a picture of her brother that I personally hung on the wall it was kinda big. Her linens were filthy and so were the statements of acts. They lost a check and wanted to charge her $250 and then serve her with an eviction and then take it upon themselves to take her to see these group homes (private house) where 12 people shared and 4 to a bedroom with out notifying anyone. They gave her bills with no detail as for what the charges were for and when requested still never produced. I got her out as fast as I could and she is living with me. Its nice to see her smile again. what a nightmare Dont punish your loved ones-dint send them there

Everything Is Wonderful

My dad is doing great in the community we picked. It is in a closer location and they are taking good care of him. The staff and place has been great and my dad is happy with the activities and meals. Everything is enjoyable for him. The chef makes great tasting meals. The staff and residents are always nice. He is getting good care here being at this community.

Its going ok...

The Brookdale Cheyenne is alright for someone who doesn't need the same level of care as my loved one. I feel like they lack in communication, especially when it comes to medications. I feel like my loved one does not get the one on one attention I would like.

Wonderful quality of care!!

I am very happy with everything this community has been providing my loved one. All of the staff have been extremely friendly and have provided excellent quality of care to my mother. She has not been doing so well lately with her health so it gives me a great peace of mind to know she is in good hands. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone looking into assisted living.

Worth looking at!

This community seemed clean and looked nice when we visited. The people were nice. This community was a little to far away for us.

They are super and I have already recommend them!!

The staff are quick to respond when my mom needs assistance. They are attentive and we have good communication with them. I was impressed with the entire staff when we first came to this community. They all came up to us said hi and introduced themselves. They have a lot of independent residents that mom can interact with. The food is good and they keep the community clean. They offer daily activities that she enjoys participating in.

A good community with care

This community is nice and the staff are very caring. She is happy with the food that is offered and the variety. She is happy with the activities and we are happy to see her enjoying playing bingo. I like knowing she is in great care here. Other families would like the clean and caring community for there loved onces.

It Has Been A Change For My Friend

My friend needs series of thing that I was unaware of. All her money goes to rent and care charges. I am trying to get supplements for medications thru VA benefits. She needs more service than they really assessed her for. She gets help with her bath and help when she is confused and give her medications. She is eating good meals and not complaining. We picked this community because it was the first place that had a room available.

Great Remodel!!

During our tour of this community I noticed that the building had been newly remodeled and looked very nice. The lady that gave my loved one and I our tour was exceptionally nice and gave us a great vision of what this company had to offer.

My Father's Care

This is a nice community for families. they need minor updates in the facility. The meals are good and a nice variety. They have activities that are offered, but he is not wanting participate at this time. I would recommend this community for a good value with good care for others.

It Is A Good COmmunity

My mom is doing good at this community. It is a suitable, clean place and she is doing well with the staff. My mom is happy with the environment. I think everything is great and the finance part was easy. This is a great community.

I'am Happy I Moved Here

I'am doing very well here at this community. Everything has worked out very well for me. The staff is great, they have been very helpful. There are nice activities offered through out the week. They serve very nice meals, the food is very good. The is a lovely community, everybody has been very welcoming. I would highly recommend this community, they are taking good care of me.

The grounds are beautiful at Brookdale Cheyenne!!!!

Mom is very happy since moving into this community. I have not yet tried the food but mom seems to like it. They offer plenty of activities but she is not yet participating in many. The community is clean and I would recommend it to family and friends. The staff is friendly, helpful, cooperative and address concerns on the spot.

Friendly, professional staff

Our experience with Brookdale Cheyenne has been a very positive one, so far. The staff here is friendly and professional, and they over a very personalized service to each resident. I was also very appreciative what a big help they were throughout the whole touring and move-in process. It's just a very nice place overall.

Improvements

They could serve healthier food to the residents. They could also have a larger staff to service during meal times. Just know that people that are there are usually older, grumpy, and can have bad days and the staff should be aware of that.

Really Friendly and Helpful Staff

The staff there at Emeritus at The Plaza is really friendly and everyone is also really helpful and my mother-in-law who is staying there really likes them very well, so that is a big major plus to us.

Brookdale Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your feedback! We will share your feedback with our management team.

Can't Say Enough Good Things

The facility in and of itself is friendly. They are client-first based. We weren't just greeted, staff members came up and introduced themselves to my mom first which I thought was a great way to do business. They talked us through every step of the way, they never hesitate to call, it's clean, it's friendly, it's multi-cultural which for us was very important. I cannot say enough good things about them.

very caring

The staff at Emeritus at The Plaza are all very caring, attentive, and welcoming to my grandmother. The facility was very clean and very well kept. The only area for improvement that I have noticed is that there can be very long wait times in the dining room for food. Other than that everything about it has been a really good experience.

Five Stars

At first I wasnt to sure but once got everything settled im glad we chose this place. The staff are wonderful, the food is great and atmosphere is awesome. The rooms are good size and she is glad about that. The residents are nice and they have a bunch of activities. If I ever need a question they are their with no hesitant.

Very Helpful Staff

They have been very helpful offering assistance when moving in, Staff is caring with grooming. Resident gets choices of meals and offers variety of food to choose. General peace of mind and all around both value and care are good.

Friendly, welcoming community

They've done a wonderful job at Emeritus at The Plaza so far! They've really gone above and beyond helping Mom through the transition and getting her settled in her new home. They've been very helpful through the whole process, and I really like their resident ambassador program where they assign a resident of the community help get new people introduced to the community. She really seems to be enjoying herself here, and that is really what matters most!

They are doing an excellent job.

They are doing an excellent job. He's loving it there. They are keeping it clean, and the staff is friendly. He isn't complaining or anything. The food there is okay, not great but it's okay. I think they are doing a great job though.

Crappy. Identity Theft. Poor service.

Crappy. [Removed]. Poor service.

Pet friendly

I think it’s a good value for the money, but not the best value that’s out there. They’re going to through a transition with the food – so I’d give the food a three. There is enough parking. We have two dogs so the community is pet friendly which is very good for us. We don’t do much with the activities that they offer.

The food could be better.

The food could be better. I don’t think they’re giving them healthy food. I was only at once lunch and saw the menus and I don’t think those menu options are going to help with gaining or maintaining a healthy weight. Healthy weight is very important for long term health. I liked the people.

It's Ok.

It's Ok. The friendliness of the staff, depends on the day and who you are talking to. I have to call to have someone push me up and down in my chair, I have had to do it myself, more often than not. They are understaffed and put too much on their staff members. They have a few good activities but not as much as other communities. The food is ok, passable, a three. They need improvement all the way around, they are being sold, and have new people. They are trying but it's going to take a long time to get it straightened out.

David Virden

We at The Plaza are saddened to hear that your experience living in our community isn’t meeting your expectations. Each resident’s needs are evaluated twice within the first thirty days of living with us, and at that time, the level of care is determined. Residents on a lower level of care are encouraged to maneuver their wheelchairs within their apartment and dining hall, with occasional help available as needed. We work diligently to keep our resident’s schedules full of fun activities with the help of our Life Enrichment Director and two volunteers. Please do not hesitate to speak with our community management team about any further concerns you may have.

Glad I'm gone

I lived here for about 18 months. I went in the hospital and when I was ready to return, the executive director refused to allow me to come back. Stated she would never had accepted me if she had been there when I applied. I have since found a better community but the sorrow of leaving my friends behind remains. Their food is fair and I would never return there.

David Virden

We are deeply saddened to hear you were not happy about your experience living with us at The Plaza. Often, we must reassess a resident’s level of care to ensure their safety and if it is deemed that the resident is longer safe within our community, we must unfortunately ask them to find a place that can accommodate their needs. We apologize that your experience with our Executive Director at the time was not what you wanted it to be. We have welcomed a new management team to The Plaza and anticipate this will resolve some of the issues you experienced.

Medicaid receptive and will transfer ...

Medicaid receptive and will transfer to WA w/out problem, if necessary. The employees are really nice.

no additional levels of care needed f...

no additional levels of care needed for Hollis which start at an additional monthly charge. Doctors can examine him there and accept Medicaire. facility will be having new construction work started; 13 years old, l50 assisted living bed, 30 private apartments. 75% women. Food o.k. two story/elevator no smoking second level. must provide own furniture in semi room. laundry done lx week. Convenient location for family.

City info

Covering 135.8 square miles, Las Vegas is a vibrant city found in Nevada's Mojave Desert. It is famous for its 24-hour city life, which mainly features casinos and other entertainment options. Las Vegas has a decent walk score although many errands will require a car. The average weather in this city is beautiful and warm, which makes it the perfect place for outdoor activities. There are also plenty of senior housing facilities and veteran's facilities available.

- Walkability score: Las Vegas has a walk score of 41. It is the 30th most walkable city in the U.S., and the most walkable neighborhoods include Arts District, Beverly Green and John S. Park.

- Average age in the zip: In 2014, the population reached 613,559 people, with a median age of 37.5 years.

- Number of senior housing facilities in the zip: There are about 46 different types of senior housing facilities in the zip. Some are specialized and offer memory care services and assisted living services. Rates start from $673 and go up to $3,622.

- Average weather info: There are about 3.4 months in the hot season and 3.2 months in the cold season. Throughout the year, daily temperatures range from 38 to 105 degrees Fahrenheit. It rarely drops below 30 degrees Fahrenheit and rarely goes above 111 degrees Fahrenheit. The weather is mostly dry and clear year round.

- Veteran's facilities in the area: There are several veteran's facilities in the area, including the Las Vegas Vet Center and the Veteran's Village.

Transportation

Transportation in Las Vegas is extremely convenient, especially down at the strip. There are quite a few bus routes and ridesharing services all over the city. There are more residential bus routes than downtown routes; however, there are plenty of shuttles and taxis on the strip.

- Buses: RTC Transit is responsible for operating all of the bus routes in the city. They offer 35 residential routes and 3 strip and downtown routes. Seniors 60 years of age and up can enjoy discounted fares.

- Trains: The Las Vegas Monorail stops at 7 stations.

- Taxis: There are quite a few taxi companies in Las Vegas. Taxis are constantly on the road on the strip, and one can be hailed at any location. Popular companies include OnCabs Las Vegas, A Cab Taxi, Union Cab Company, Ace Cab Co and Western Cab Company.

- Ride shares: Uber and Lyft both operate in Las Vegas.

Health and Safety

Las Vegas is not one of the safest cities in the U.S. There are, however, many hospitals and medical centers available. Many medical centers are specialized.

- Hospitals in the area: There are numerous general hospitals and other medical facilities in Las Vegas. The largest general hospitals include Valley Hospital Medical Center and Kindred Hospital Las Vegas.

- Crime rate in the zip: Las Vegas is 11% safer than all other U.S. cities. Annually, approximately 19,260 property crimes and 5,811 violent crimes are reported. The crime rate is approximately 40.19 per 1,000 residents.

Sports and leisure

Stay active easily with the vast array of recreational centers available in Las Vegas. Easily find a golf course or a tennis court available to play a game with friends. There are also plenty of gyms that are senior-friendly. Join classes to make friends with like-minded individuals.

- Golf courses nearby: Las Vegas is home to many golf courses. The most popular ones include the Las Vegas Golf Club, TPC Las Vegas, Las Vegas National Golf Course, Royal Links Golf Club and Desert Pines Golf Course Las Vegas. Some of these golf courses offer senior member discount rates.

- Tennis courts/clubs nearby: There are an array of public tennis courts available in Vegas. Find a court to play on at Angel Park, Lorenzi Park, Mesa Park or The Vistas Park.

- Gyms nearby “ senior friendly (aerobics): Numerous gyms in Las Vegas offers senior-friendly activities and classes. Popular options include EOS Fitness, City Athletic Club, and Las Vegas Athletic Club.

Shopping and entertainment

There's never a dull moment in Las Vegas. There are plenty of shopping centers, grocery stores, movie theaters and libraries everywhere in the city. Both residential areas and the strip are filled with an array of restaurants from fast food restaurants to fine dining options. There are restaurants for every cuisine imaginable. There are also plenty of attractions and entertainment options to choose from. Watch shows, go skydiving and even enjoy outdoor activities at a moment's notice.

- Clothes Shopping nearby: There are plenty of shopping centers in Las Vegas. Some offer street-style clothing while others cater to luxury apparel. Popular shopping centers include the Las Vegas North Premium Outlets, Fashion Show and Meadows Mall.

- Grocery stores: Grab fresh groceries and produce at Vons, WinCo Foods, 99 Ranch Market, Albertsons or The Market.

- Other restaurants: Feast at fast food restaurants or fine dining restaurants everywhere on the strip. Enjoy the best fine dining experience at Joel Robuchon, a Michelin 3-star restaurant, or Le Cirque, which is known for its luxurious ingredients like caviar. There's also plenty of fast foods, like Shake Shack and Eggslut.

- Movie theaters: Catch newly-released Hollywood movies at West Wind, Cinemark Century, Regal Cinemas Downtown or AMC Rainbow Promenade 10.

- Libraries: Borrow books from Centennial Hills Library, Aliante Library, Rainbow Library, Summerlin Library or Alexander Library.

- Attractions: Visit each hotel for unique themes. There's plenty of casinos on the strip, and lots of shows to watch, like Celine Dion, O by Cirque de Soleil and the Blue Man Group at Luxor. Go skydiving indoors at Las Vegas Indoor Skydiving. Walk the trails at Red Rock Canyon National Park for an unforgettable outdoor experience. Book a helicopter ride for a view of the entire city.

Religious facilities

Regardless of one's religion, there are plenty of places of worship within the city. Easily find a prayer group or a place to perform religious practices.

- Religious facilities nearby: Popular churches include the Canyon Ridge Christian Church, the Valley Bible Fellowship of Las Vegas Church and Shadow Hills Church. Popular temples include the Hindu Temple of Las Vegas, Temple Sinai Las Vegas and the Thai Buddhist Temple.