Brookdale Stanwood - Stanwood, WA

Easy to communicate with staff

My wife and I were looking for a place for both of us so we could stay together and my kids found this place. They had an available 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit for when we wanted to move in, and it was the nicest place any of us had seen, so we took it. The staff is easy to communicate with and they seem to know what they’re doing. They keep the facility pretty clean as well. There’s plenty of food but its institutional food. It’s heavy on the grease, the menu is inconsistent from day to day, but if you don’t like what they’re serving or what’s on the menu then you can order a sandwich. The issue that I’ve had since being here, though, is with the billing department. I got a bill one day, which I paid immediately, and then a week or so later I got another bill from them saying I was late in my payment and that they would be charging me a late fee. They’ve since rectified this.

Beautiful place, friendly staff. Has everything my mom needs to be comfortable and safe.

Very nice place!

The Brookdale Stanwood was a very nice place, but there was more than just independent living and it made it feel more like a nursing home. We were just not ready for that yet, so we chose another community that was all independent living.

Loved it!

My mother was at the Brookdale Stanwood for about 6 months and loved it. They had a lot of activities available at all times and very good food. We were very pleased with the experience she had with this place.

I toured last Friday and went again today with my father. Mom will tour Wednesday. Dad is the main person making the decision. He is not happy with where they live now. The dining is great, and the activities more interesting and lively. Plus Dad is a veteran and retired helicopter pilot. There are 28 other veterans, some pilots, at this place. After comparing all costs, Brookdale is much nicer, and offers a larger apartment for only $7 more per month.

decent overall, room for improvement

Overall everything with Brookdale Stanwood has been good. They have very well trained staff that really cares and does a great job. The food is really excellent as well.

There are a few things that can improve, however. Just a few little maintenance type things, like the refrigerator door seal, that they have really taken a long time to address. Just a few little things like that.

Then also, they need more and better activities. There is not much that the residents really have to do.

Overall though they have been decent.

On demand dining

Of the communities that we toured, this one was more expensive. They also had on demand dining, which is much nicer than a cafeteria style with set dining times. This is an okay community from what I saw when we toured.

Couldn't have done it without them

I couldn't have asked for a more supportive team to help facilitate my mother's move into their facility. The administrator was available to me any time night or day and helped to clarify for me the different options and helped me formulate ways to help my mother view this move as a life - enhancing oppotunity.

Friendly, caring people

I find the staff to be friendly and caring. I don't know how Emeritus takeover will affect the property, but so far, so good.

Great community

We looked at a couple of different communities and Merrill Gardens was just the one he felt the most comfortable in. It just seemed like the right fit for him. The staff is great and very helpful. Every time we call with questions they do not hesitate to provide us with an answer. After we selected the community we have had several people approach us and tell us how good of a choice we made. We are very pleased with it so far and would recommend it to anyone.

Merrill Gardens was fantastic. We ha...

Merrill Gardens was fantastic. We had a superb lunch there. The Director found us in the lunch room. She knew Dad's circumstances and asked a few more questions. I am grateful that she was willing to concede that they may not be the place for him at this time. We did find them to have a beautiful retirement center. She also made a couple of suggestions which we found very helpful.

This is still my favorite.

This is still my favorite.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment everyday. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®