Brookdale Springfield Briarwood - Springfield, OR

Brookdale Springfield Briarwood

Overall, Brookdale Springfield Briarwood is a good community. They do everything generally well. Some Personnel could use more training, Finances, billing, and invoicing could use more organization, and the food is just ok. Overall though, the activities there are great. My mother enjoys the card making and coloring, but they also have Arts, crafts, games, and live music. The facility is also very clean. Overall, I would recommend it to others.

Clean Property!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community and I have no complaints about how things had went. The property was beautiful and very well maintained for all of the residents. It was just not the right fit for us in the end decision but it is worth taking a look at for anyone interested.

Larger community!!

I have no complaints about the tour I took of this community. The staff was on time for our appointment and was very kind giving us lots of helpful information and answering any questions my loved one and I had for them. My mother just preferred a smaller community then what they had.

Overall a Nice Place

The staff is really friendly, they keep it clean. The food is pretty good. They have some activities for us. Overall Brookdale Springfield Briarwood is a nice community.

Helpful, caring, friendly

I found Emeritus at Springfield when I was frantically looking for respite care for my Mom when the care I had arranged was suddenly not available 5 days before I was to leave on vacation. An organization called A Place for Mom found space at Emeritus and they were wonderful in helping us get signed up and in place in plenty of time. They were also very helpful with getting Mom settled for her two week stay and helping with her particular needs. She enjoyed her stay and I was able to enjoy my vacation, secure in the knowledge that Mom was well cared for.

Quality of care may be an issue; too soon to be sure.

We have not been pleased with their ability to promptly provide the adequate care schedule needed for our loved one. After a month and a half, we are still giving the facility an opportunity to improve on this aspect. We have faith that they will eventually be able to provide the care that she needs.

Everything is just great! We're very ...

Everything is just great! We're very pleased. We decided to move in. They have the independent living cottages, and then they have assisted living in the main lodge, and memory care as well. We are in the cottages and the price is definitely fair - in fact, it was actually cheaper than some of the others in the area. They could improve on the food service, since the waitresses are also the caregivers, so their duties are divided, which naturally slows them down. Other than that thouhg, we have been very pleased so far.

A Little Too Elegant

It was very nice, but my mom felt that it was a little too elegant for her. We didn't get to see the Woodside, only Briarwood. They said that the Woodside is a little less extravagant. Mostly it is very expensive. The money was a huge factor. She is in assisted living, but she is not even at care level one. She would have had to pay extra even though she wouldn't have been receiving care.

I met with Meghan and recei...

I met with Meghan and received some great information about how assised living is different from adult foster care. She showed me their Woodside building. I liked it alot and I think D would like it too. It is the most expensive facility and requires a $2000 entry fee that is very steep. They have only one studio available that was very nice and the perfecet size with lots of light.

One of the most expensive places in town

I can't speak to the care services because my mom is not getting any. My mom likes the food better than the place she was in in Idaho. I think they're prices are a little high. It's one of the most expensive places in town so I think they could do better on the price. I worked at a facility for 3 years and they offered about the same things and were half the price of Emeritus at Springfield Campus.

They have a lot of activities over at what they call The Meadows which is a block away. I'm not sure how they get away with that. I looked on the board today and out of 8 of 9 activities easily half of them were at the meadows.

A clone of both Bayberry and Alpine i...

A clone of both Bayberry and Alpine in construction.

It only takes one look at Briarwood’s beautifully landscaped courtyard, spacious apartments and elegant décor to know this is a great place to call home. At Briarwood, our goal is to give you more time to pursue those activities you love. The atmosphere is warm, relaxed and the ambience embraces the uniqueness of the local culture of Springfield, Oregon. Briarwood enables you to create your own lifestyle. You can lounge by the fire to watch your favorite television program, read your favorite novel in the whirlpool room or take a relaxing stroll through our landscaped grounds and gardens. You can also “cut a rug” while listening to Glenn Miller on the jukebox or just can sit with your sweetie while sipping on a Root Beer float in Briarwood’s old time soda fountain area known as the “Coca Cola” room.
Briarwood’s independent retirement lifestyle meets the diverse and changing needs of today’s senior adults. Our recreational and social programs are personalized to meet the desires of our residents. Enjoy stimulating pursuits and activities, or just relax. Should you need additional personal assistance and care, we can design an individual program just for you. At Briarwood, you can truly have it all.