Brookdale Spring Arbor - Rock Hill, SC

Nice Experience, but Not the One for Us

I had a nice tour of this community. I toured it for my father, and his needs. There were many factors that played into where to move my father to. This is a nice community, and from what I saw everything looked good. The staff was kind, and informative. My questions were answered. The experience went well overall, but it wasn't the one for us.

Contact didn't show. There was busy activity and work with residents. Dementia area was locked and residents seemed lethargic. good pricing.

So far it's going good.

So far it's going good. I would give them four out of five. I haven't heard any major complaints, so far things seem smooth.

My tour

This was a nice community and the staff were friendly during our visit. This was however a larger community and we were looking for something with a more homey feel to it.

Building needs updating !!

The staff was friendly and informative during our tour, however I was not impressed with the community. The building could use some updating throughout the complex. I was not impressed with any of the dinning halls or the bedrooms.

Overall I was not impressed with this facilty.It felt very much like a nursing home as opposed to assisted living. The director was very friendly and informative, but the rest off the staff seemed to be aloof. As we walked down one of the residence hallways there was a very strong odor of feces coming from a resident's room and in the time we were there no staff came to assist her. The main areas were clean, but the newly remodeled rooms did not appear to be much nicer than the non remodeled room. I will not be bringing my mother for a tour and will not consider placing her at this location.

Social Butterfly

I toured several places before placing my Mom. It WAS one of the hardest thing I ever had to do.
But as soon as we toured Brookdale my Mom fit right in.
This was the only one she did act more like her self.
she has been here about 2 months and doing great.
she is called the social butterfly, she loves the ladies in her memory care .she interacts with everyone and loves to dance to her some Elvis.
she is really doing great and every one is so nice and attentive to every thing.

It's been good, and I would recommend them.

It's been good, and I would recommend them. If I'm minor nitpicking, their accounting is a little wonky, but everything has been correct. I have been there and eaten dinner, the accommodations are very nice. The people are very nice, it really has improved his life. The lady from Brookdale came to the hospital and met with the social worker, and got us all together and were able to convince him that this would be the right move, and we are very happy. I feel they went above and beyond to help us. The have done a good job of facilitating his doctors appointments. They have an activities bus that take them for rides, and activities, it's really great.

Daily staff does a good job, the administration needs some work.

When it comes to the day to day staff, and care, they are doing a good job. Though I think if a family member wasn't there to advocate, I don't know how much would actually get done. The administrative stuff is where the problem is. It took a good amount of time to get a schedule going for things like laundry and bathing. The administrative staff is difficult to get a hold of, or to get calls and emails returned. Six weeks of trying to get the billing straight and I am not sure that it's even straight now. They try to get them involved in activities, and my loved one enjoys the outings. We chose this community because we liked how small it was, and that the other residents were similar to her.

Moving in issues

Brought my mom in during the week as it took 12 days to get the room ready. Tried moving some of her things in during the period but the floor was covered with maintenance equipment, so i could not put anything in the room early. Due to my work schedule, i could only move a few things in during this time. After my mom soiled her sheets the first night, they washed her mattress cover but did not put it back on the 2nd night. So, the 2nd night, she soiled the mattress, which was the only good one she had left. This made us very upset, and was really inexcusible that they didn't put it back on the 2nd night. The staff seem to be very nice and seem to enjoy working there, so the long term outlook seems good...but I'll be keeping an eye out.

Review of Emeritus at Spring Arbor Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Rock Hill, SC

Impressed by friendliness of staff, clean appearance of the ALC. Staff has experience with low-vision residents and that's a plus for us too.

Favorite place. Like home ...

Favorite place. Like home We could go see mom living here now just have to figure out the financial part.

Better value - but, it is a self pay ...

Better value - but, it is a self pay community. They do not accept medicare/Medicaid

These rooms are very tiny a...

These rooms are very tiny and it appears most residents are in need of way more care than our parents do. We believe independent living may be the first step.

Wasn't impressed during my tour

I toured this community while I was looking into care options for my loved one. I dropped by here twice, and took a tour officially on my third visit, and I just was not impressed by what I saw during any of these visits. I have a lot of experience with facilities like these, and I just can't recommend this place based on what I saw. The residents did not look happy, and the staff obviously treated what they did here as a job, they were not very personable or friendly.

Excellent memory care facility

Excellent memory care facility

Didn't like that memory unit isn't attached to assisted living

The memory care was similar to Harborchase, it was more of a square, but the building was actually separated from the assisted living so the meals were coming down through the outdoor. The place was nice and clean and if you're going into the regular end I would see no problem going there. They also didn't have individual showers in their room.

Small and Outdated

I was concerned that there wasn't any staff members around. It was very small but that is the facility they have. I thought it was a little outdated.

Look elsewhere

My grandmother acquired bedsores on feet and buttocks here. Her adult diapers were not changed regularly despite having the highest and most costly level of care. Director does not return phone calls and neither do the physicians which cover this facility.

Liked the facility and the options of...

Liked the facility and the options of living at facility.