• 24-hour Emergency Call Response
  • Weekly Houskeeping
  • Laundry services
  • Assistance with all aspects of daily living
  • Cable Included

Just a moment............

My mother is at Mayvil and was also a resident when the center was named Brookdale and the difference is night and day. Brookdale staff knew they were leaving and did not care and it was easy to see. The transition to Mayvil means work needs to be done. I noted negative comments but this is due to the construction zone of ongoing and needed repairs that were [Removed] by the former owners. Staff is always friendly and helpful. I've yet to bump into one who did not give up a smile. I investigated many centers in CR and Marion. Mayvil is a good choice.

No no just no

Don't let them fool you. Mayvil has been promising remodeling for a couple of years. New front office staff once a week. I pulled my relative when we found out they were being showered and cared for by people who didn't even go to college, and weren't certified to take care of them. No Cna's just regular people, working in an assisted living.
Sharing a big shower room? Gross. Chunks out of the flooring. Stained carpets.
Staff will tell you all about the holes in the ceiling from raccoons and other animals in the ceiling.
It's probably the worst place I've seen.

Good Option To Consider

This was a community I was considering moving my husband too, it is a nice option. Our tour of it went well. Everyone was friendly to my husband, and I. The community looked great from what we saw. The staff was polite, and our questions were answered. The experience went very well, but I did find another that suited our needs better.

Sometimes the food is not cooked very well.

This community seems to be going through some staffing changes and we have noticed that some of the residents rooms are not being cleaned very well. I feel they have not followed through on some of the promises that were made in the beginning. They offer a fair amount of activities and they go out on Mondays and Fridays. This community does work with residents regarding the cost of living there. We are hoping that things will improve as they are doing some remodeling and hiring some new staff members.

Pleasant experience!!

I have no complaints with how things went during my tour at this community for my loved one. The staff where on time to our appointment and where very professional during our visit. They did not make us feel pressured and really took the time show us everything they had to offer in there facility. I liked the floor plan and thought they had a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. It was just not the right location in the end decision.

Very Pleased

I toured at Mayvil recently and was happy to see all the beautiful renovations that have been done. After spending time looking at other communities I was pleased at the warm and sincere welcome I received from all of the members of staff. And it was the only all inclusive community I found, they do not keep adding extra charges for services.

Stay away from Mayvil

Out of all the places I have toured with my mom, this is easily the worst. The smallest rooms. They have all new front office staff, every time. Really run down. Always a promise of remodeling... for over a year, no remodeling done. One care giver wasn't even a cna taking care of people and giving them baths. It's bad.

Dan Wolen

Thank you for your review. I appreciate you taking time to review us and am disappointed to see you did not have a better experience. I would like to invite you to contact me about your concerns about the lack of a refurbishment as the entire building has been refurbished recently. I would invite you to come re-tour to see the positive changes. Please contact me at your convenience so I can better understand how we can improve Mayvil in the future. Best regards- Dan Wolen, Chief Operating Officer

Comfort for my loved one...

I think my friend is doing okay, [Removed] is in the process remodeling since they took over, they used to be Brookdale. The gal there, [Removed] is new but very nice. They are trying to build a good foundation. It's perfect for people who are transitioning from independent to assisted living. The apartments don't have a kitchenette and the rooms are smaller and don't have a shower. There is like 4 shared showers and there is a schedule where a staff member will go with you, which works out perfect for my loved one. Compared to other places, this one is the best for my loved one.

The rooms are furnished!

The rooms at Maryville are fully furnished and the staff there are very nice. The facility is older and they do not have bathrooms with private showers at the time. It is a nice place, but just not what we were looking for.

Dan Wolen

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback and your kind words about our building and valued team members. I am pleased to share that our already beautiful building is currently undergoing some great renovations that will allow us the opportunity to offer even bigger and better features and amenities to our residents and excellent team members. I hope you will continue to keep us in mind and return for a tour once all our renovations are completed. In the meantime, if you have any additional questions or feedback, I would cherish an opportunity to speak with you - Dan Wolen, Chief Operating Officer- Raydian Properties- [removed]

My friends good care.

This is a nice community for care for my good friend. The staff have been very nice and understand. The community is very nice and he is happy here. The meals are appealing to him and he seems pleased with the healthy variety. They do have activities that are offered to him to participate. We would highly recommend this community for a good value and the care that is received.

Dan Wolen

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback and your kind words about our building and valued team members. The entire team works tirelessly to ensure we continue to exceed your expectations day in and day out. If there is anything we can do to better serve you and your friend, I would treasure an opportunity to speak with you - Dan Wolen, Chief Operating Officer- Raydian Properties

Beautiful. Staff are very loving and attentive.

Dan Wolen

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback and your kind words about our building and valued team members. The entire team works tirelessly to ensure we continue to exceed your expectations day in and day out. If there is anything we can do to better serve you, I would treasure an opportunity to speak with you - Dan Wolen, Chief Operating Officer- Raydian Properties

Overall great experience!!

I have no complaints about this community so far, my loved one has really enjoyed his stay and has made himself right at home. I would have to say my favorite thing about this place is the staff. They are always willing to lend a helping hand and are very attentive to his needs. He has had no complaints about the food and has really been enjoying the many activities they offer at this facility.

I would recommend Mayvil!!

The staff at community is nice and they encourage my uncle to participate in the daily activities. This is an older building, however they are working on updating it. The community is clean. He likes the food. He is making a lot of friends at this small community.

At Peace

I'm Very pleased with the community. My mother can not say enough nice things about the place now that she has adjusted into the community. The staff is very friendly and nice. Even though I have minor concerns about the cleaning of the community I understand they are renovating the place. Overall I know my mother is at peace well she is there.

Very Poor Job

They have no communication. The people [removed] and she needed more help than they were able to give. They have done a very poor job with taking care of her. I would not recommend them to anyone else. They are extremely overpriced.

Willing to work with us

They have been willing to work with us. There was a period of transition where some things have been communicated to us, but once we were on the same page we were fine. I wish there was a check up list. I think that would be very helpful. The community director was very helpful. The staff has been kind. They have a lot of fun activities. This facility is very nice. It's always clean. There is never a mess.

The Emeritus at Silver Pines is very ...

The Emeritus at Silver Pines is very appropriate. The staff is very caring, and accommodating. The facility is very clean, and they offer a variety of activities as well. For some unknown reason they have lost their Medicaid status of accepting residents with Medicaid but no one seems to know why. I hope to find out soon whether or not they will get it back.

Very happy with this assisted living.

My Father really likes Emeritus at Silver Pines. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. He has only been there two months but he seems to be adapting well.

Emeritus at Silver Pines in Cedar Rapids IA

This senior Living facility is super clean. The meals are wonderful. Staff and residents seen very happy there. Our only concern is the very tiny "apartment" that gives very limited private space. The common areas are friendly and inviting.

Depressing accomodations

I wasn't too impressed with this place. It's very depressing and I wasn't too impressed with the cleanliness, it wasn't clean at all and they only had a common shower for everybody, they didn't have any showers in their room and I didn't like that. Mostly it was liek a nursing home or a place people would go when they got out of the hospital.

Rooms are just bedrooms wit...

Rooms are just bedrooms with very limited storage. Lots of activities and friendly staff. Common shower area. Not assisted living.

Wonderful people, but not as homey as...

Wonderful people, but not as homey as Bickford.

11/30/11 $2450 Studio, no extras exce...

11/30/11 $2450 Studio, no extras except cable & phone. Great entrance. Sr Living Community. No memory unit any more. Nurse will do free initial qualifying assessment, in home or at Emeritus.

Our goal is to create a nurturing environment, a home away from home, where you can continue to share experiences and make new memories, while being part of a community.