Brookdale Shreveport - Shreveport, LA

living at an Emeritus Senior Living community.

The sense of community is all around you when you become part of the Emeritus family. Through special
delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

A sweet community for care

I am happy with the care that is given from this community. The staff is very nice and caring. The community is clean and a wonderful environment is wonderful. The menu is top notch of home cooking. They do have activities that are offered to the residents who want to participate. The dining area has a piano to enjoy at meal times. We like knowing that she is in a great place for care and would recommend this sweet community for good helpful care.

Care and Comfort

The care at this community is outstanding and very friendly and helpful to their needs. The menu is really good and she likes a lot of the choices. They do offer her a lot of nice activities for her to help stay active. We would recommend the care and the value of this community.

Nice Experience

We had a lovely tour of this community everything went well. The staff was kind, and informative. All my questions were answered. It was a nice experience.

I would not change anything!

The staff are wonderful, encouraging and attentive. This is a smaller community that is easy to get in and out of. They offer a variety of daily activities and the community is clean. The food is great and they have a variety of choices. I would recommend this community.

I really liked it here,[Removed] was great on the tour and I talked to several people who were happy. Names were known by staff and I think my Mom could be happy here. I will continue my search.

Comfort For Mom!!

The cleanliness of the community Brookdale shreveport residence was okay. My loved one has been here for a short time but seems to be adjusting well. The staff communicate with the family well so far and meals are provided to my mother from the community. The meals so far are good.

Review of Emeritus at Shreveport - Shreveport, LA

Not favorably impressed. Apartments very small, halls and common areas not attractive. Grounds not attractive. Very little outdoor space.

Brookdale has been pretty good so far.

Brookdale has been pretty good so far. I don't get complaints about food, or activities or anything like that. I would give them a five at this point. I visited about four different places, and this was the best fit for us.

seemed to take a long time to get remodeled

Brookdale Shreveport was a good experience. Of all the ones we went and saw they like that one the best. They loved the staff. They were very helpful and answered everyone of their questions. They were upset because the apartment they were looking at seemed to take a long time to get remodeled. They kept telling them they were going to paint it and put in new flooring. In the mean time my aunt developed a UTI and had to go to rehab. We will probably be looking for a nursing home now.

very pleased

We came from a nursing home setting to the assisted living setting at Emeritus at Shreveport (now Brookdale) and it has been a very good transition. We have been so pleased with it. Everybody treats her with dignity and respect. They go out of their way to make sure she is comfortable and happy.

So far we have been pretty happy with them.

So far we have been pretty happy with them. It's clean and everyone is nice. Everything seems to be what they say. Though there were some surprises, or perhaps misunderstandings about some of the charges, but other than that it's been a pretty nice place.

very friendly

The staff at Emeritus at Shreveport are all very friendly and pleasant to work with.

The one area for improvement I can think of is the billing. There have been a couple of challenges getting the billing done correctly and timely.

Other than that it has been a very good experience and I would highly recommend. Emeritus at Shreveport.

A Place for Mom

Everything was good up until Mom started falling, when she could not dress herself or even get to her food tray (the staff would leave it by the door & she could not get to the tray to eat) - they never could keep her medicine straight either. The aides just seemed to not care about the residents. The lady in the business office was never in her office and it was difficult to find her.

Sam Pollock

We are sorry to hear that your mother’s experience with us isn’t meeting your expectations. We are troubled by your comments because we would never leave a tray at a resident’s door, and we also do not manage medication for any of our residents. We assure you that our Resident Aides care deeply about all of our residents, and are committed to serving our seniors. Our Business Office Director and Executive Director are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by cell phone when they are not in their offices, and their numbers are listed on their business cards available at the concierge. We invite you to reach out to either our Business Office Director or Executive Director so they may address you concerns quickly and efficiently.

Going well so far

Dad really seems to be happy here. I don't get to see the community much myself since I am located in a different state, but when we hear from Dad things seem to be going well. He also seem to really enjoy the food.

For smaller, more private care

Emeritus seems to be perfect for Mother. Smaller, more private facility and the staff is so friendly and accommodating!

Nice place

This is a clean community, and the staff have been friendly. I like that it is a smaller community. They're good about feedback and getting back quickly with answers to questions. The care itself does have room for improvement.

Finding a suitable place for Mom

After speaking w/Tracie and then speaking w/Laurie (exe dir of Emeritus) and touring the facility, my sister and I knew immediately this was where Mom needed to be. After she saw the facility she said it looked like she was going to a fancy hotel to live. The staff at Emeritus has been nothing but kind, accommodating and loving to our Mother and my Sister and I. They seem to go out of their way to make everything just right for everyone. I have heard nothing but positive praise from the current residents as well. I believe God had a hand in steering us to Emeritus through Tracie.

Have made one visit. Will likely retu...

Have made one visit. Will likely return for additional visit at a later date.

Great place and the people were atten...

Great place and the people were attentive. The patients looked as if they were happy. This place makes me want to work with the elderly you can feel the love in this place.