Brookdale Fountaingrove - Santa Rosa, CA

Very knowledgeable staff

I toured this facility while looking for a place for my Mom. They gave us a wonderful tour and even invited us to stay for lunch. We were introduced to other members of the staff and they all seemed nice. The people that gave the tours both times we visited were very knowledgeable and represented the community well. Ultimately, we decided against moving my Mom in because it didn’t quite fit her needs but overall it seemed like a nice place.

I cannot believe how fortunate we were to have landed at Brookdale. It is truly the most caring and loving situation I have ever seen. The administrators, staff down to orderlies and cleaners are cheerful, kind and so helpful. I would give the facility 10 starts if I could.

We like it here

Our loved one is going through rehab here at Brookdale Fountaingrove. It is a very nice and clean community. The staff is very caring and attentive to his needs. They are easy to talk to and they keep me informed concerning his well-being. He is in the skilled nursing section and receiving physical therapy. We haven't decided where we are going from here, where will be the best fit for his future needs.

There were many places within the Clare Bridge until of activity. The "apartments" we're clean roomy and pleasant. I loved the patio area. Clients could go out one door into a secure area and in another door and think the went somewhere. It is a lovely facility and hopefully a place for our Mom.

Not sure yet...

While my mom is still settling in, and seems to enjoy it, from an office/customer service point of view, it has been a struggle. They have unusual office practices that leave me shaking my head.
The food is not very good at all.
I have concerns, we'll see how it turns out.

Disappointed

The care was not going well and we removed my mom. They didn't check on her enough, they only had 2 caregivers for one floor. We were unhappy and disappointed in the caregivers. They kept saying they would check on her. I had to go there and spend hours with her, I was not comfortable. The food was not that good either. The people were friendly and nice but the caregivers were lacking in training and the community did not have enough staff, all my opinion.

Not the respite stay we expected

My wife was here for respite and it was not a positive experience. They clearly need more staff because after a week they required me to hire more staff to accommodate her needs. She didn't get her medication on time or the proper dosages. For these reasons I would not recommend Brookdale Fountiangrove.

Wonderful Care

Brookdale has been a wonderful place for my Aunt. She has gone from being basically a recluse to her old self again. The care she has received has been exemplary! The staff is wonderfull! Very caring.

This facility was not very clean and a little run down. It was more like a nursing facility versus an assisted living community. The staff was friendly but did not offer much info on the place.

My Visit To The Community

This looked like a nice community when we toured it. The staff were so nice and cooperative. The community looked clean and this would be a community we would choose when my loved one needs the added memory care.

Experience is Good

Everything is going well for my mother since her move to this community. They are caring for her and her needs very well. The staff is great and very helpful. It has been a a wonderful experience, and I'am satisfied with all they have done for us.

Calm And Quiet

I toured this community and it was not what I was looking for due to the community did not appear to be quiet. My husband needed a calm enviroment. The staff was nice and friendly and did answer my questions.

Informative.
May be helpful.
Don't quite see my mom here at this point.

I Had a Good Tour of This Community

I had a good tour of this community. The community looked nice and well maintained from what I saw. The staff was kind and friendly. They answered my questions and were informative as well. It just wasn't quite what we were looking for, but it is a nice community.

Great Care

This is a nice community. The staff is very caring and helpful. We are happy to see how the community is clean and taken care of. We would recommend this care to other families.

Happy Husband

We are happy with this community. They have staff is great and caring to my husband. My husband is happy with the meals and seems to enjoy the variety. There are activities that are offered. I would highly recommend this community to other families.

Brookdale Fountaingrove Review

Staff was extremely helpful, providing temporary living quarters until movers came and very responsive to any requests.
Caregivers were very capable and considerate proving whatever help was required.
Dining menu left a lot to be desired. It was limited and repetitive.

Substandard care.

My Mother ended up here for skilled nursing. Staff tried very hard but management was terrible. Such a bad experience we moved her but they then basically blacklisted us after we complained to Ombudsman and we struggled to be accepted anywhere else. So sad and discouraging.

they really worked with her.

I really liked Brookdale Fountaingrove. Mom was very difficult at times and they really worked with her. The staff answered phones and kept in constant contact with me. She was happy over there. I was very pleased with the facility.

Nice place, overall

Overall we're pleased with how things have gone at Brookdale Fountaingrove. The staff here is friendly and professional, and they do a good job looking out for the residents. The facility itself is well kept and clean. Really our only complaint is that the food could be a bit better, but it seems to be improving.

This place appears to be an upper end...

This place appears to be an upper end facility. My loved one only stayed here for a short while. By short, I mean less than a day. However, they kept most of the money we had put down. I wasn't very happy with that, and don't have much positive feedback. My loved one chose this place, but it really didn't work out, and we are much happier with a different place.

David Virden

We are saddened to hear that you and your loved one had a negative experience with us at Santa Rosa. We would be interested in learning more about your concerns and why our community didn’t work out for your loved one. That being said, we are required by regulation to return any money used as a down payment. We would like to hear more from you regarding your experience with our community so that we can resolve this issue for you. We offer an anonymous program called Ethics First which allows your feedback to come directly to our leadership team at Emeritus. You can contact Ethics First at [removed]

Emeritus is great!

Excellent, clean, upbeat facility and wonderful caregivers, nurses, and other staff!

They're Doing a Good Job So Far

I'm all new to this so I'm sort of testing them out. My mom is in respite care there right now. For the respite it's been a pretty good bargain. I think some of the more mature caregivers are good but some of the young ones are still kind of learning. Mother is really enjoying the activities. She likes the bingo and sometimes she goes out on the Sunday country rides that they have once a month. She goes up to the movies every evening and took a jewelry class. She comes to dinner every night and sits with people and maybe they don't talk but at least they have some interaction. I think that's been good for her. I've been hovering for the past month and a half and talking to and calling everybody to make sure everything is going well. They seem to be doing anywhere from a 3+ to a 4+ job right now.

Aggressive Memory Care Program

They are offering an aggressive memory therapy but my aunt is an 86 year old woman and she didn't really need that level of care. Right now, my aunt is remembering her childhood more than anything else. She has dementia but she's very social and kind of feel like we should let her be. I don't see any reason to spend that kind of money to aggressively treat the memory of an 89 year old woman.

Great Care, My Mother-in-Law Loves It!

Of course I think the cost is high but I researched a few places and it's about the same if not lower than others. They have 5 levels of care and the charge for medication management. The care is tremendous. One of the things I love about them is the residents wear a thing around their neck and if they press it, it calls their caregiver that's on duty and they have little boxes in the room so they can tell them how long until they'll be there. It's a great system.

They have great activities. They have terrific Tuesdays with margaritas and a musical guest and they do fantastic Fridays only that's wine and a musical guest. They do drives, take them shopping and things. It's pretty cool.

One of the reasons I picked this place is that if something were to happen, they have skilled nursing right there so there is some familiarity but we're having some issues on the skilled nursing side. Mostly with having everyone communicate. I requested an appointment with the psychiatrist to talk about the pharmacology of the medications my mother-in-law is taking and they dropped the ball. I had to call and remind them and now the appointment is 5 weeks from when I requested it so that's somewhat frustrating.

We chose this because they had memory care as well as skilled nursing attached. There is always a nurse there and all the caregivers are CNAs. My mother-in-law said "I've never been this pampered in my entire life." She loves it!

Emeritus at Santa Rosa

Both of my parents live at Emeritus of Santa Rosa. This facility has provided the safety and support that they need at 85+ years. They have been married over sixy-five years and couldn't continue to stay in a private home. Dad gets the assistance he needs and they've both made friends. The activities are fun for Mom and they still get to go on outings.

Met with Kay who radiates w...

Met with Kay who radiates warmth and care. Our tour went very well. The facility is spacious but still feels cozy with many areas for residents to enjoy and feels very much like a home. There are lots of well thought out activities to keep residents engaged and having something to look forward to each day. The individual rooms are an adequate size and I believe most have walk-in closets with spacious bathrooms - lots of grab bars and easy access shower. The memory care area of the facility has good security and the staff met along the tour are very friendly and warm. There are several outdoor areas which are comfortable and nicely landscaped. I wouldn't hesitate to have my mother move in except for the cost of the level of care needed. While she hasn't been assessed yet, I believe she would be at the higher tier.

Lisa Lawton provided the to...

Lisa Lawton provided the tour of Emeritus and was a delight to work with. The facility is in a lovely location with views of the surrounding Sonoma Mountains and valley overlooking Santa Rosa area. They serve 3 meals plus 3 snacks/day, and have additional themes like Margarita Tuesdays, that emphasize community. Food is available most of the day with specials of the day being offered at specific times. Country Kitchens on 2 of the floors are an alternative breakfast option which allows residents to take their breakfast back to the room to eat it or eat it in the Country Kitchen area--awesome! If someone doesn't come to breakfast, the staff then figures out what is going on. If a resident doesn't feel well, there is a box that is placed by their bed which they can call the floor staff who can talk to them via this box. If additional attention needs to be given, then the staff will come to the room. Residents also have a 'fob' they wear which can call medical staff when they are on the property. Other safety items were available (grab bars, step in showers, etc.), and the outdoor area is fenced in from a security perspective. There is some concern on my part regarding cost, especially should I need to add medication management, but I don't think it is totally out of range, especially if the assessment determines his medicines can be reduced. The initial assessment can be done via an Emeritus site in Ohio where my father currently resides. All utilities, cable and laundry are included; phone & internet would be extra.

Beautiful facility - cannot afford me...

Beautiful facility - cannot afford memory care.

I really like this facility and am ho...

I really like this facility and am hoping that my folks/family will like as well. It has everything I want for my Mom and Dad. I'd choose this place for myself

I liked it very much here. Only probl...

I liked it very much here. Only problem was it's very crowded and large for mom. Would she find her room?

Located just minutes from historic downtown Santa Rosa and a variety of golf courses in Northern California's scenic wine country, Brookdale at Santa Rosa is nestled in the sunny foothills of the elegant Fountain grove section of Santa Rosa. Our studios, one- and two-bedroom apartments offer spectacular views of the area. We take great pride in delivering a continuum of care for seniors including Assisted Living, Alzheimer's care and Skilled Nursing with 24-hour professional nursing care. Senior couples with different health care requirements can have a great advantage of having these three care options under the same roof. Our special programs include indoor activities in music, arts and crafts, as well as outdoor activities to enjoy the natural beauty of Sonoma County.

Discover our beautifully landscaped courtyard and gardens, enjoy our fine cuisine or join in an activity or social group. At Brookdale, we have an abundance of ways to make your life here enjoyable. Here is Assisted Living committed to comfort and care: tastefully appointed apartment-style living, attractive and spacious community areas and daily assistance from an attentive, caring and trained staff. At Brookdale, we take care to consider your needs as well as your wishes.