Brookdale Rohnert Park - Rohnert Park, CA

Lovely Facility

This community is very lovely it has just been recently remodeled in the last year. The staff was very nice and friendly. I just felt the community was going to be too large for my mom.

Under Staffed, deteriorating care

January 2, 2016:
This morning my dad asked me if it was as foggy today as it was yesterday. I said no. He said that was good because since it was so foggy yesterday the staff did not show up in the morning, so they were not served breakfast. He said they were supposed to have a continental breakfast (common on holidays there understandably I don't want a lot of people to have to work on holidays either) but no one set it up. He and the other early risers rifled through the dining area and found cold cereal but no milk, fruit, pastries, etc. so they ate dry, cold cereal. When they asked where breakfast was they were told no one could set it up because it was "too foggy" for staff to get there. My dad says he told them I had gotten there somehow. It was foggy, not the worst I've seen, and certainly not impenetrable.

December 7, 2016:
I moved my dad in here to make sure someone keeps an eye on him. It was Merrill Gardens then, after that Emeritus, now Brookdale. The level of care over 9 years has generally deteriorated. Recently they have been doing a massive (needed) renovation. They painted all the walls - in color blocked maize, sage & pumpkin. They installed brand new low pile carpet in a retro Versace inspired gold and brown braid pattern. That was all ok, dated but needed. Then this last week they replaced all the furniture, and over the weekend they replaced all the art!!! That's hundreds of thousands of dollars of crap they bought for literally no reason. They took the chestnut colored big wood furniture out and brought in brand new walnut colored big wood furniture. And the art went from 2/10 to 3.5/10. And wasting money is whatever, except they are increasing rent 7% this year instead of the usual 6% increase AND they are currently without an Registered Nurse to supervise the CNAs because they aren't paying enough to attract a nurse AND they are down to 2 house keepers to clean hundreds of rooms AND they are short on wait staff AND they have shortened the hours of the receptionist. so stupid and wasteful

August 10, 2016:
Went to my dad's this morning and found a little old lady by the elevator with no clue where she was. She asked me how to get to the first floor. I told her that was the first floor and walked her over to the lobby. She said "but there's no one there", and I explained there's no one in the dining room til 7 or at reception til 6:30. So she got upset. I found a Brookdale employee and said "there's a lady over here who is lost and needs help" and she just said to her "you know where your room is right? Second floor, 265. Just get in the elevator n go down the hall til you see your number". Crazy. I took her back to her room, opened the door, turned on the lights, and left her there. $3,000 a month they pay to live there and the employees can't even help a person back to their room. It took 5 minutes. I know they are understaffed (maybe try paying more) but really what's more important?

Outstanding Community Care

This community is wonderful. I am happy with the care that they are giving my mom. It is very clean and they have great staff members that are so kind and patient. The activities are wonderful. I would recommend this community for others in eveyway.

Several things

I was impressed with Brookdale Rohnert Park . But now not so much now . Needed maintainence for quite some time and still haven't had service still that was requested three weeks ago . Also my mom's caregiver was kicked out last week due to saving a guys life . Yes a worker fell while painting and my moms caregiver took picture with her phone and called 911 . For the reason alone and taking the picture she got banned from the building , [Removed] at brookdale the exec director says that hired hands won't let her here but Hired hands says its brookdale's decision . This was very disconcerning to my mom and I . Oh and leaving keys accessible at front desk to apartments . Not good . Hope these things can be addressed . Otherwise brookdale is okay .

It's A Wonderful Community

This community has plenty to do. I especially like the variety of fitness class and a pool to enjoy all day. The staff are so welcoming and I was impressed with how quickly they acknowledge me by name. I love my room the most because it has enough natural light. The food is very healthy and tasty, it is all prepared fresh and almost perfect. The community is always clean and i would recommend this community.

Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful, I would recommend without hesitation! Thank you for everything!

Review of Brookdale Rohnert Park - Rohnert Park, CA

Lovely place. Apartment was roomy enough with large walk-in closet. Nice kitchen. Crystal [Removed] was very informative. Too expensive for our needs.

Brookdale Rohnert Park

Overall I and my family member are very pleased with Brookdale Rohnert Park. The staff and apartments are very nice. The entire complex is well kept and clean.

The quality of the food is the major complaint. Much is tasteless and not appealing. It is not the actual food itself but the preperation and variety.

All good so far

This is a great place for my Mom and everything is going fine. It is all good so far.

Getting more and more disappointing

We have been living here for a little more than a year. In that time the place has gone through 3 ownership changes, each one worse than the last. With the current ownership - Brookdale - the variety, quality and quantity of the food has decreased remarkably and there is still not a functioning exercise room. The attitude of the Brookdale employees, who have replaced the previous Merrill Gardens people, (who are leaving in droves) is one of indifference, at best. If this facility were not the closest to our children, I guarantee we would find another place to be.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at [removed] or email us at [removed] to discuss them in greater detail.

Eden Discovered

At last! I am through with fighting windmills and happily retiring. Brookdale: I could not ask for more. Having visited some other like facilities: I was turned off. Appeared like incarceration. I am very happy with my choice.

Very professional and sharp, reminds me of going to a Marriott hotel where everyone is very well trained, outgoing and personable. When my mom slipped and cut her eye, they were right there and took care of her.

I was really impressed with it.

I went with my sisters. I was really impressed with it. We toured the entire place. It was the most reasonable place we checked out. They only offer independent or assisted living; not particularly care. They have alot of activities; there are activities I would enjoy. The day I was there they were coming in from a field trip of some kind, and they have an icecream social. The location is good; it is close to my one sister who lives in Walnut Park; it is about five minutes away from her.

I liked it very much & will...

I liked it very much & will probably sign up. My second daughter is going with me today to see the apt. that is available. I will sign up & move in the fall.

This place was priced bette...

This place was priced better than Oakmont. However, the halls were not very clean and it was in need of painting. The unit I saw was spacious because they'd turned two one-bedrooms into a two-bedroom unit. They'd knocked out the dividing wall and joined the two balconies. They'd also upgraded the counters and cupboards, as well as the bathrooms. I thought that was what kind of place my parents would be moving into (if they got on the list), but was told the next day (by another sales manager) that there were no more like that. The only availabilities still had the dividing wall and separate balconies. So there was conflicting information. Honestly, it seemed that there were management issues going on there. My gut feeling wasn't positive.

Sam Pollock

We are sorry to hear that your tour of our community didn’t meet your expectations. We are aware of the need for a fresh coat of paint to help liven up our community, and have begun the process of requesting this. Regarding the conflicting information you were given, we apologize for any confusion this may have caused. Our Community Relations Coordinator directed your tour in the absence of our Community Relations Director, and our records show that the following day, when it was discovered that we had unfortunately given you the wrong information, our Community Relations Director reached out to you to rectify the problem. Our Community Relations Coordinator has been retrained on the process of giving a tour in an effort that this will not happen again. If you have any further concerns regarding our community, we invite you to reach out to our community management team.

Mom's new adventure

Independent living with plenty of supportive, caring staff. All worked hard to make the transition easy and welcoming. Plenty of activities to keep the mind and body working. Delicious and nutritious meals served in a relaxed environment. Outside activities that get her out and about with people of her own age and like mind. She is even trying new things. She realizes that she is not alone. There are plenty of active people her own age 90-101.

A wonderful new home for mom

From the minute my mom walked in Emeritus, she felt like she was home. After living there for a month she is more alive and happy than she has been for awhile. The staff is so friendly and helpful, the apartment is beautiful, and as a vegetarian she always has a delicious choice of meals. I highly recommend Emeritus!

They are pretty friendly.

They are pretty friendly. They are still transitioning from Merril Gardens to Emeritus. The people are concerned about the food and things changing. The grounds were so much nicer than others we saw, and they have activities. They offer to bring meals up 9 times a month for free if needed. They have a swimming pool which is nice. They do take them out for different outings. She really enjoys the music that comes in. We have had some minor issues as far as responsiveness that have taken reminders to get done, small maintenance things. There are a lot places to sit outdoors, chairs and porch swings, and little tables. They have a rose garden with a fountain and just nice grounds. They have nice private deck outside of each room.

Placement of my father--a SUCCESS story in every aspect!

A Place for Mom was extremely helpful in finding a retirement community that would meet my father's needs along with being very affordable and in close proximity to where I live. This placement involved moving my father from Ohio to California, and I began my search knowing what type of retirement place he had in Ohio and how I would have to meet those requirements at a minimum. Emeritus at Rohnert Park EXCEEDS everything he had in Ohio from its Anytime Dining with ability to request food not on the menu be prepared if the kitchen has it, resident-focused concern for health and happiness, a swimming pool & jacuzzi open 365 days/year, and plenty of different types of activities to choose from on a DAILY basis. From his visit to check it out once I recommended it to him, until his move-in, and through his residency today, my father has been EXTREMELY happy! His entire mood has improved and he is a much more joyful person than he was in Ohio. I HIGHLY recommend Emeritus at Rohnert Park, and A Place For Mom for their assistance in helping me find this wonderful community.

Excellent tour with Robert ...

Excellent tour with Robert Coe. Facility meets all the basic needs for my father & the price is reasonable. Waiting list is minimal at this time. The assisted living care is a bonus, especially as it is in the same building. Definitely under consideration as a possibility for my father.

Anytime Dining restaurant style Full ...

Anytime Dining restaurant style Full kitchens in each apartment. By Month rental, no buy-in required. Utilities included, Pets.

What a wonderful and helpful tour wit...

What a wonderful and helpful tour with the help of director and Donna,I'm beginning to feel better about makeing a choice for her.The facility is great.

The director took us around. We real...

The director took us around. We really liked the outdorr space as my mother like to walk. Open dining concept is very attractive.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment everyday. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®