Brookdale Meadow Springs - Richland, WA

staff was informative, friendly and a clean great invironment

Very happy with the tour, good size studio, airy and clean

Will use Meadow Springs again for my mother's respite care. Friendly, and excellent care givers.
She enjoyed her stay and met some new friends.

Could use better housekeeping

My Mom lives here currently and I feel like she’s getting real good treatment. The staff is very friendly and, if I have any questions, seems to be able to answer any questions. Everyone knows her by name and addresses her as such. There are plenty of activities available and the facility will take the residents out on excursions that they call “Joy Rides”. They also bring in entertainment in the dining room about once a week. The food is very good and there are usually 2 choices for each meal. The facility seems to be kept very clean and housekeeping is scheduled to clean her room once a week. From what I’ve seen, everything looks and smells fairly new. I would recommend them.

Mom is safe and that's what matters

Comment: It’s nice to have my Mom in a place where she’s safe. However, the facility is very short staffed and certain things that are supposed to happen routinely (showers/laundry/eye drops) aren’t being done unless Mom reminds them. The pendent they gave her to press for help didn’t work well for the first 3 weeks. The communication between the management and the staff could be improved. I think the building is beginning to show its age as things often break down. Mom is getting regular food, though, and the staff are friendly, so those are both good. The management also seems to be trying to make sure our concerns are resolved in a timely manner. She loves being on a schedule and likes the individual people that come by to work with her. Overall, it’s been a good place. There are just a lot of tiny issues that we’re working through.

Dad is settling in

We ultimately chose this community because it was close to me like walking distance. And then there was [Removed] she was really great, she went to go visit him when he was in rehab she worked with us really well. People are very nice the housekeeping could be better. The dining room is very nice but very full. They say family can eat there but there is no where to set. Dad really likes his room. The staff is helpful and caring. The medical staff is taking good care of dad. They will try to engage him to join the daily activities. They have a bench out front and a bird bath and a garden in the back. I would recommend this community.

Eating Healthy

Mom is in the best place she could be I am so pleased with the care she is getting here. There is so much support to help her gain her strength back between the physical therapist and the occupational therapist. A staff member comes and helps her down to the dining room with her walker. The staff is amazing they are so friendly and attentive I really appreciate how they provide quality care to the residents. Mom is eating healthy now and enjoying the food which is helping her. The location of the property is only 4 miles from where I live so I love having her so close by.

Another Tour

We were looking for an independent community for my parents and when we toured with them we had a good tour experience but they were not giving us the best feeling about the atmosphere.

Need to make some changes

They seem to have enough staff to handle residents. I've tried the food and it is very good. They could improve the experience by having a faster response time. They also haven't figured the billing information.

They need improvement!

My mother was at Brookdale Meadow Springs for a respite stay and we were not too happy. From my understanding, they were going through changes in personnel. It seemed like the left hand did not know what the right hand was doing. They should have something in place so when that happens, they have notes or instructions to avoid disturbance from the residents. Also, they did not dispense medications that I gave them, nor did they give my mother a key to her room like they said they would. I am torn because we had a good experience, but at the same time, some things did not go well at all.

DON'T MOVE YOUR LOVED ONE IN THERE!

This facility was terrible to my mother. She should have never been in there, even the Nurse who evaluated her thought she needed the dementia care facility, the sales person said Oh no we will take good care of her. She paid way too much for care she never received. Having her fall 5 times in a day and a half and the staff was no where to be found. She pressed her lanyard and no one came to help her. I came and had to find staff and they still took their time getting to her even after I pressed her lanyard. This place is not for anyone with health issues. My mother spent more time in the Emergency room then she did at Brookdale Spring Meadows. They even forgot to come get her for meals, good thing I was there and this was her first night in her new place. The staff knew she had dementia and several other issues, but they did not care. Word of mouth travels quickly and I have told people do not place any family members they care about in Brookdale Spring Meadows. It was awful, moved her in and not even a week later moved her out! Another thing is all her paperwork was in order and not one person knew she was even moved in. The miscommunication between the Sales, Administrative staff was terrible. I am still very bitter about this place. My mother passed away 3 weeks after moving her out of there. She may have been sick but having fallen so many times and head trauma did not help the fact of her passing so soon. I even had Drs at the ER tell me she is not safe to go back there, that meant a lot to me and my family. Do yourself a favor and do not even step foot in that place!

Had a nice tour was offered lunch and treated well. Once the sales person realized we were not ready to move in right away we were handed off to the nurse to interview. That was the last we heard from Brookdale MS. no follow up at all.

The facility is beautiful and all the people who work there are very caring and friendly. My only problem with this facility is that they are very understaffed and all the employees are overworked. They have very little time to spend with any of the residents. The caregivers are also the dining room workers so the residents can not get any help in their room for over 3 hours during the day.
Also there seems to be a lot of time devoted to meetings of the staff and the office (administrative) staff.

BAD SERVICE

They do not even deserve any stars. This place is only good if you are a healthy senior citizen. If you have to pay for care, you better check on that resident all the time. They do not have the staff to care for anyone who is dependent in them. All they want is your money. Place is way too expensive. They act all caring and then you get in there it stops. When you have a problem with them they get rude and act like you are a burden to them and don't call you back, ignore you. I have had to call corporate 7 times and I still have not received a call back from them either. Do you self a favor DON'T move in!!!!!

So far so good!

So far so good! A little bit of air freshener might be helpful. I’m happy with the schedule of activities. The staff is good. The rates for the room were better than some other ones that would charge a lot more. I really, really shopped around.

They do a pretty good job. It's pretty clean and the staff is very friendly. I don't think there is anything to improve or do better. There haven't been any issues with food or laundry. I liked the size of the community, I liked that it was smaller than another one we were considering.

Not real good. Their care is horrible, I'm not pleased with them.

Not real good. Their care is horrible, I'm not pleased with them. But as far as paying for the room, it's a mess there are dirty clothes laying around, toothpaste in the bathroom, he isn't leaving this mess because he doesn't walk. There is never a washcloth in the bathroom, and you have to furnish everything, towels, washcloths, even shower curtain and the rings, wipes. They're horrible, it's bad. Whenever I ask nobody knows what's going on the right hand never knows what the left hand is doing. There were no pillow cases on the pillows. Their care is terrible. A gal comes in and cleans once a week. I don't know if they don't have enough help or enough time, they brought him out in his sleep pants, and no jacket, when he had to go to the doctor, and it was 27 degrees, they didn't put the foot rests on his chair and wheeled him out in his wheelchair. It's not the place if you want good care. They have too many chiefs and not enough indians. There is a calender for activities but they have two different dining rooms and they had some entertainment for the people in the main dining room and those that have to be fed in the other dining room had to do without the entertainment. The offices are horrible they look like hoarders, for billing or bookkeeping and there isn't even a place to write a check. If you're not really ill and you can pick up after yourself it's ok, but we found dirty depends in the wastebasket. It's big and spacious with wide halls and a big dining room but the care is not good.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.