Great meals activities!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and so far things are going well for her. The staff have been helpful with the transition and I am comfortable with the care. The atmosphere is always bright and happy with the other residents. She has had no complaints about the meals and enjoys participating in some of the activities with the other residents. Overall it has been a great fit for my mom.

My husbands care

I like this community for good for my husbands care. I like knowing that the staff is caring to his needs. The environment is good for him and he likes being able to participate with the other residents. The menu is very appealing. We have recommended others to the community for excellent care and value for a loved one.

Outstanding Care for Mom

The care at this community. The staff is always nice and friendly. The community is clean. They menu is healthy and a lot of choices. They do offer her to get involved and she is starting to get more involved which is very helpful. We would recommend this community to other families for the care and value for a loved one.

Great tour!

The Brookdale Reno was a very nice community but we went with the Brookdale NW because of how convenient it was. This one was all memory care and we needed one that had assisted living as well.

understaffed, but very caring

The people that were caring for my father at Emeritus at Reno was very good, but there were not enough people. There was one caregiver for a dozen residents. They were very much understaffed.

Apart from being understaffed they were great. The workers there are just fantastic. So were the nurses. My dad passed away after a short time there, but he was loved and cared for while he was there.

As far as being understaffed, they are under new management now and have new people coming in, so I believe that issue is being addressed.

$4,000 a month!

Above all its marvelous! I didn't have a clue this was a resort.
$4,000 a month for my father,Its a pretty penny to pay, but its not like any where else!
The property is perfect! Floral and landscaping design is out of this world!
My brother and I appreciate the professional and caring staff members on board.
The service is beyond a 5 star rating! If it could go to 10, i would definitely say its worth every dime!

very positive experience

The experience we have had with Emeritus at Reno (which is actually now Brookdale as they were bought out) has been very positive. They are very caring with their patients and attentive to their needs. Mom has been in there for about two and a half months and during that time it has been a very positive experience.

Do your research. This facility is NOT where you should placed a loved one. It is rated C for a reason: poor management and thus poor morale translating into poor care. Again, do your research and find ask how many residents have left for another facility in the last 6 months.

Not Enough Staff

I wasn't satisfied with the level of care. It was all memory care. There were four units called neighborhoods, and each neighborhood had 16 residents and two caregivers, who were responsible for all the laundry as well as the care of the patients. At the time, my mom could feed herself, but there were some people that needed help and the caregivers were too overwhelmed so some of them would sit there and not eat. There were times that I would come and my mom would have mashed potatoes in her fingernails because they wouldn't remind her to use a fork. I didn't mind that she was eating with her fingers, but it seems like they should have been feeding her finger food. For $6000, it was not what I expected. The building very bright and cheerful, which is why I picked it.

this is the place

this is the place

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.