Brookdale Ravenna - Ravenna, OH

Fantastic experience

My grandmother moved into this community for a short stay respite following a hospitalization and was treated very well. She was fond of the executive director and dining director. Collectively they made her transition and stay comfortable and made her feel at home. There is longevity in the care staff and it shows. The dining director has been there for 17 years. While this home is undergoing some renovations that are needed, the care is superb and the residents are happy.

Respectable

My father was treated great. Nurse [Removed] is a gold. She is better than a good back adjustment. The food and facility are above average!

Best place for Mom

I had been in this facility when I worked as a visiting nurse and knew it was clean and appeared well cared for. The individual rooms are large enough for a single bed, a dresser, a large chair, a bedside stand as well as 2 small tables one on each side of the chair. The heat and cooling is controlled in each room so the residents can have the temp where they want it. Each room has a full bath which features a walk in shower. There are also 2 closets in each room.
The meals are served in a dining area that resembles a nice restaurant. The residents get a menu with choices for each meal. They can even order half entrees if their appetite is not very large.
The basic rent covers the room, meals, laundry and weekly cleaning of every room. The beds are changed every week using the resident's linen and these are washed with the resident's clothing.
Mom seems to be making the adjustment. The first night she was there another resident who is a ambassador came in and said she would accompany Mom to dinner and sit with her. Mom felt welcomed. Mom is starting to come out of her room more often. At 94 most of her friends are no longer living so she was pretty much a home body. But with the activities that are planned and the daily routine she seems to be interested in making friends. I would recommend this place to anyone, after all it is where my Mom lives.

They were getting ready to add onto this community!!

The room they showed me during my tour was tiny and they did not have one rooms available. The person that took me on tour was very nice. I went in the late afternoon and I did not see a lot of staff around. This community is clean and it was closer to me. The community looked brand new even though I know it is a few years old.

Memory care section could use some work

Overall I was not impressed by our experience with Brookdale Ravenna. Our loved one was in their memory care section, which really could use some work. It seemed like it was just what was previously an assisted living wing converted into memory care. There was only a single common area, which was used as both the activity room and dining room. The actual staff and the care they provided was about average, but it was just not a very pleasant setting. I also wasn't very impressed by the quality of the food.

Not satisfied

Family member in memory care unit. Activities for these patients is minnimal. Cleanliness of facility is below average. Meals were below average. Obviously meals are served with cost in mind and not nutrition. Meals typically are low quality and not well balanced.

Loved Mary...very...informative Nice...

Loved Mary...very...informative Nice clean Hommey...

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.