Brookdale Pleasant Hills - Little Rock, AR

Located in the exclusive western section of Little Rock, Pleasant Hills is only minutes away from major shopping areas, excellent restaurants, banks, churches and some of the finest hospitals in the United States. We offer just about everything you need to enjoy your retirement - right at your fingertips. Whether you plan to spend the day shopping, having lunch with friends, golfing or fishing, all of these options are close by and easy to find. We offer transportation to doctor appointments, grocery stores and local discount stores and malls. We pride ourselves on our friendly and helpful staff, who are always willing to go that extra mile for our residents.

Sunrise Independent Living is for seniors who want to maintain their rich and rewarding life without the responsibilities of running a household. Here, you’re given independence and options. We offer a choice of apartment floor plans, restaurant-style dining, housekeeping services, exercise and wellness programs, and much more. It’s ideal if you’re an active senior who wants to focus on the things you enjoy most in life, but yet have assistance available should you need it.

Long term employees that care

The only reason why I didn’t chose this facility is because the location was not near my Mother’s doctor. Even though I didn’t pick this facility, I was still rooting for them. The woman who gave me the tour actually worked at this location and another sister location. She was telling me about all of the employees who have been here for 10 to 20 years and I was impressed. Brookdale must be a great employer if they are keeping their employees around for 20 years. I like that because it means that the employees actually want to be there and they will take great care of the residents. The only reason preventing the 5-star review is I felt like the outside of the building could have used some work. It was vinyl siding that had a lot of mold on it and all it needed was just a good pressure washing. I would recommend this community.

Wasn't impressed

I toured this community and it was nice. But didn't have any openings. The guy that gave me the tour was OK. It was an older building and needed updating. It looked dingy in there. We chose to go elsewhere and not wait.

My Community

After taking some time to find a community i picked this one after enjoying the tour.

Concerned about response times

I am a little disappointed in the handling of our scheduled tour. We had booked an appointment about 3 weeks in advance to when we saw the community and when we arrived the person they paired us with wasn't someone who was prepared to help us. It was her first time touring it she was dressed professional but not for the sales department she was dressed more for medical staff. She was unable to answer basic questions. At the end of the tour when we requested that someone gives us a call back that could provide answers to the questions we had it took about 3 days for the general manager to call back. At that point, they are giving me the feeling that they are not interested in my business.
The community itself was nice it is on the newer side, however, the rooms were on the smaller size than what we had seen however they did have a kitchen which would have been a plus for my mom. But unfortunately with the delayed response time in getting back to us just made me wonder how the overall staff would respond in case of an emergency.

Working Out Well

My mother is doing very well with her move to this community. It is a really nice place, and I have no complaints. I know she is safe, and in good hands. They have a good staff at this community. They have nice meals, and good activities offered for the residents. Everything is working out well for us at this community, and I would recommend it.

To Soon to Tell

The facility is gradually being renovated. The majority of the apartments and outdoor cottages are for independent living. When we toured there was no central life alert type of system only pull chains in the bedrooms and bathrooms. It's a large facility and easy for a new person or visitor to get lost. There is no hallway sigange to help lead people which is an easy and in expensive solution. It's not wired for internet access either. My Mom moved into independent living while on wait list for assisted living. It's isolating as there isn't much staff for independent living so we're paying for healthcare assistance to help with the basics of getting acclimated. It's a very difficult adjustment for a person with memory challenges.

A tour for care

I toured this community. The staff were nice and helpful to the questions. The community was clean and nice. the menu was appealing. The had a list of activiites. I found this community to be nice, but it was bigger then what we were looking for. I suggest that families tour this community for the care of a family member for care

Welcoming staff!!

I toured Brookdale Plesant Hills along with another community and they were both good tours. This community was clean in seemed to be maintained well. The tour guide that took me around was informative and friendly, it was a good experience but the facility was not what we were looking for.

Short Tour!!

I had a very short tour of this community, the gentlemen who was giving me all the information cut it short when he found out that my dad would need more care then they could provide. I was a little thrown off at how quick he was too turn me away and was disappointed.

Everything is going great!!

I have no complaints about the care my loved one has been receiving from this community. He seems to be liking the meals they prepare for him and is participating in many of the activities they have available with the other residents. We are very happy with our choice of this property and would recommend it to anyone.

The experience has been a positive experiences but I am surprised some of the ladies who serve in the AL
Dining Room are adjusting their hair while serving the meals. Also, they're not concerned about how the cups
and other meal plate are handled one served.

Misleading!

We went to go take the tour and was mislead. We were under the impression that they had a memory care department and come to find out that they do not. We left before the tour was over.

This is in a nice part of town!!

This community is nice and we like the layout. The food is delicious. I like the owner of the hair salon and the director. The staff and residents seem energetic. My parents cottage has been recently remodeled. The community is affordable compared to others in the area. The outside looks pretty bad but they are hoping to remodel it next year. I feel safe with my parents here. There is an observant security person and I would recommend this community.

Good value in central location with limited amenities.

Older metropolitan complex with dated floor plans but property maintenance better than average. Grounds and landscaping attractive.

Food preparation/presentation better than average but variety limited.

Cramped entry way not particularly welcoming.

Great care

This is a great place for families to get great care. The food is great and they do offer alot of great activities to everyone. The staff is wonderful and caring. The community is very clean and well taken care of. This community comes highly recommend for good care.

A tour for my mom

I did a tour at this community. The staff was really nice and caring. They were able to answer all of my questions on the community. it was clean and well taken care of. This would be a nice community for families to move into.

The staff are helpful, friendly and really seem to care about him.

My dad is doing really good at Brookdale. The community is kept clean inside and out. The food tastes good and they offer a variety of healthy choices. They offer a variety of activities. I wanted to thank A Place for Mom as they are a good service for people that do not know where to start.

The staff and facilities at Brookdale are wonderful! The people made my dad feel welcome and appreciated. He is loving all the new friends he has made with the residents. Thanks for helping make this difficult transition as smooth as possible.

Impressed With The Quality Care

I have my mom living at this community and she is doing good and happy. The place is very clean and even have a cleaning company come to clean her room once a week. The food is fresh and tasty but I will there could be a little variety. From the beginning the manager made my mom feel important and practically gave her the tour. The staff are wonderful, personable and don't treat her like another resident. I also like that there is a physician that makes house calls if needed. I definitely would recommend this great community.

Home at Brookdale Pleasant Hills in Little Rock

When my wife and I decided to move to an independent living community, we rated all those we saw by certain services that were provided. The first of these services was the quality and frequency of meals, which we have found at Brookdale Pleasant Hills to be superb! The second service was cleaning and overall maintenance, which we have found to be good. We feel that we are getting value for what we spend. Finally, we rated the friendliness of the staff as excellent. Other amenities are great as well. We compared Brookdale Pleasant Hills to six other such locations in the Little Rock area and found Brookdale Pleasant Hills to suit our needs the best of all of them. We recommend to any seniors considering such a move to examine what is available and compare the features to what they feel they need.

breakfast is too early

They need more activities there. They also need to update the rooms. The food is okay. The only thing they could improve would be breakfast. They have it too early and a lot of people have been complaining about it being so early. They are forced to go to breakfast. They should have it a little later. Other than that it is a great place.

It's going great so far.

It's going great so far. My loved one is settling in and it is really working out well so far. It's everything we were hoping it would be. I don't have any complaints, or concerns at all. It's clean, and the staff is friendly. I give them a five.

Unprofessional

At first glance & visit, Brookdale at Pleasant Hills seemed the best Assisted Living place for our Mom...It is a pretty location & place. We moved her there 05/15/15. Now 30 days later, we have care concerns....inconsistent care & lack of care we are paying for. Brookdale's reaction to expressing our concerns has been extremely unprofessional, teetering on childish. An aid tells my Mom that I had blessed them out (paraphrasing), now my Mom is worried they will not be nice to her. As the POA, any heartburn that Mgmt may have with me should NEVER trickle down to my Mom. There have been missed meals, missed/lost laundry, only occasional checking on her, billing errors, etc. Apparently the honeymoon is over and the monthly income is what is first & foremost. At this time I am waiting for them to address our concerns. I will update when/if our concerns are addressed.

Very Friendly

The Emeritus at Pleasant Hills is a pretty good place. They are Very friendly and wanting to help you out. The only issue was that the staff was short. I wish they would of sat down with us and discussed all the rules. Other than that this is a nice community.

We are happy

My loved one has been here for about A month. She loves it. They show up to give her a bath and give her medicine. We are happy with everything. It has been great. My overall rating of this property is 4 1/2 stars. I would recommend the Emeritus at Pleasant Hills. This is a nice community. They are remodeling it so It will be even nicer. It is also very clean and have wonderful staff. The staff and residents are kind.

Very, Very Economical

The Emeritus at Pleasant Hills was good. It was a temporary stay for my mother. It was very, very economical. It was more economical than any other place i have visited. That part was great. They took care of my mother. They had a great selection of activities that they offered. I would definitely recommend the Emeritus at Pleasant Hills. This was a good place. If your looking for a place in the Little Rock area I would suggest this place.

Cleaning Needs Improvement

I toured this facility but the hallway smelled of urine and their were stains on the carpets. the staff was friendly but we saw another place across the street and we decided to place loved thier. We just didn't like this facility as much as the one across the street.

Nice place, overall!

My loved one lived in the independent living section of Emeritus at Pleasant Hills for quite a while, and overall I think they do an excellent job. The workers are all very friendly, and the facility itself is well kept and clean. They have an assisted living section that also looks like a nice place to stay for those on the lower end of the care need spectrum.

mom is happy

Mom is happy. Other family members have handled much of the process so I have not actually seen the place in person myself yet, but I can tell you that if mom were not happy she wouldn't be there.

They called and we went thr...

They called and we went through wht they had to offer. when I told the lady that it wasn't what we needed she was very helpful to help me find the right places and what I actually needed

Good meal. One bedroom 1 bath with Si...

Good meal. One bedroom 1 bath with Side room. Patio kitchen $ Maid service weekly. Pet ok under 25 lbs ? Independent cottages but assisted living is available as well as memory care but you would have to move out of your cottage into an apartment to get increased care. ? You would have to go out in the weather and walk a steep incline to get to your meals. ? Meals are served buffet/cafeteria style. You would have to carry a tray from buffet line to your table. ? Full kitchen?all appliances furnished ? Fresh paint and new carpet with each change of tenant ? Hook ups for washer and dryer ? All utilities included except for cable TV, internet and phone line ? Small patio at both the front and back doors. Lots of cement, not much grass. ? Bath tubs with showers?tub could be cut out to make one a step-in shower. Without renovation you would have to step over the tub to get into shower. ? Exterior of the buildings showed signs of mildew. Interiors were OK. ? Located on a very busy street in Little Rock. I noticed lots of traffic noise, sirens, etc. ? Small dogs were welcome. ? Rooms available for any over-night guests you might have. ? Individual mail boxes provided. ? Housekeeping services are provided once each week at no cost to you. ? Transportation is provided to shopping, doctor appointments, etc. but must be scheduled. ? Beauty shop available on site. ? Staff on duty 24 hours a day/ seven days a week. ? Some programmed activities for residents. ? Some exercise equipment available on site (as well as physical therapy at extra charge) ? Nice sized bedroom closets and a pantry in the kitchen.