Brookdale Guadalupe River Plaza - Kerrville, TX

Poor Food

My aunt resides in an independent living apartment. She is happy with the community except for the food. The food is sub par at best. The evening meal is served in a Styrofoam take out box! The residents deserve much better than what they are being provided.

The Community Is Not Dad Wanted

The staff I met with were great, I can't say enough great things about the people. On the tour we saw that it was not going to be adequate and my dad did not like it. The tour was great and the staff were very helpful and wonderful.

Comfort for dad!

My father seems to be doing very well at Brookdale, he really likes it. The staff is very helpful and they paired him with his needs very well. The facility is kept very clean and well maintained. They have a variety of activities available and my father has partaken in some.

Care of family members.

I am happy with the care that my sister and brother in law are receiving here. The staff is taking great care of them . The community is always clean and nice to enjoy. My sister is enjoying the activities that are offered to her. The seem to enjoy the food that is available. I know other families would like the care and the value of this great community for there loved ones.

Comfortable Community For Mom!!

The Brookdale Guadalupe River Plaza is a wonderful community for my mother. The staff has been very welcoming and helpful. There was a bit of a hiccup in the beginning with the communication on the move in date, but other than that everything has been great.The meals are nutritious and well prepared. My mother is making a lot of new friends and participating in all this community offers. The place is beautiful, very well kept up. I am happy with our decision to choose this place.

Nice Community, My Tour Went Well

I had a pleasant tour of this community. They really treated me very well. Everybody was very kind and welcoming. The community looked great and very well maintained. They have great resources available for the residents.

Brookdale Guadalupe is a lovely place and my husband and I selected it for his assisted living facility. It seems to be a bit more expensive than some other facilities, but so far the care is excellent, community is very welcoming, food is very good., and the support for family is great! Lots of activities and patient caregivers. Very pleased

Great Care

The community is great and the staff is outstanding and caring. the community is very clean and well taken care of. There are alot of great activities to participate in. I would recommend this community for all around great care for a loved one.

Great Staff!!

The staff have been very caring and patient with my mother. They try to accommodate her needs the best that they can. My mother mentions that the meals are okay they have good taste and are healthy. She has a nice patio door, so she can go outside which is nice. At the moment she doesn't engage much in activities she likes to play bingo mainly.

Hand over your money and DO NOT expect superior care!

Money money money. Very obvious this company is in it for the dough. Kerrville, Tx Brookdale has very low staffing that cannot handle the assisted living and skilled nursing patient/resident needs. Previously they were Emeritis. Brookdale bought them out at the changes have been notable. Staffing decline, care decline, price increases. Complete lack of communication with the family. One more than one occasion my loved one was sent to the hospital and staff did not notify me. There is no family support in reference to assistance with insurance needs, medicare needs, medicaid needs. This company's only interest is your big wad of cash. I believe the staff is overworked and underpaid. 12 hour shifts, 16 hour shifts! Ridiculous! They treat the staff like crap and allowing such taxing hours is a danger to my loved one. A supervisor once stated to me "they were understaffed due to the poor employment pool to choose from. " If they adjusted their wages, the residents and facility would be in the position to hire qualified AND quality staff. Again - BrookDale's only interest in your loved one is a walking piggy bank.

Decent and Easy Going

My parents are residing at this community and have not heard any complaints. The staff are very nice and keep their place clean and provide my parents with proper care. I personally didn't enjoy the food but my parents enjoy the meals provided. The community provide activities for residents to join in on. I would recommend the community for the joy they bring to my parents and for the easy transition.

Nice place overall, food could be improved

Overall I'd say that Brookdale Guadalupe River Plaza is a nice place for independent living. The people here are friendly, the facility is clean and well kept, and they've got a good variety of activities. Really my only complaint is that I think the food could use some work.

Mom and dad picked an apartment here, they loved it and said everything looks great

Brookdale is doing great so far.

Brookdale is doing great so far. It's not home yet, but it's good. He isn't complaining about anything about Brookdale at all. I don't have a lot to compare them to, but I would give them a four or a five, so far.

very welcoming

We have had a very good experience with Brookdale Guadalupe River Plaza. They are very welcoming from the very start when we did our first interview and the tour. They were very accommodating in helping get mom set up there. We only needed them short term so we are actually going to be moving my mother out soon, but the stay she has had there has been great.

I liked it very much! I wa...

I liked it very much! I want to live there :)