Brookdale Pinnacle - Grove City, OH

I tried to tour this community for myself. I was not able to get in touch with anyone to go thru the community to see what was available. The outside was clean and looked nice. I would recommend that other families try and tour this community before they make a decision for a loved one to get assistance.

Very happy!

The staff at this community is very attentive and very nice with my mom. Mom has gotten involved in the exercise and a few other things that they offer here. The food can use some work it is served cold sometimes and there is not enough flavor or variety. I must say though we are realyl pleased.

Still Adjusting, But Overall a Nice Place

My father is doing well here at this community. So far it has been a good experience, and I'am comfortable with his move here. It is a good, safe community with kind people. They have a great staff, and they are very friendly. They answer any questions I may have. There are activities available for the residents. The food is good, he is pleased with the meals. It is a community I would recommend, it has worked out well for us.

Go here they are great!

We are all very happy with this community. Mom is having a rough time with the transition, but she has been getting involved with some of the activities. Mom also likes the food and the dining experience. I have never had any problems with my parents room being dirty or the community.

My mom's care

I love this community for my mom. She is really happy with the staff that is helpful. This community is light and bright and my mom only wanted to be in a community that has alot of sunshine with a open environment . They offer her alot of activities to help her keep active and she is enjoying them alot. She is happy with the meals that are provided with a good variety. The value of great and the care is wonderful. We would recommend this community to other families.

No amenities provided !!

I was very displeased with this community, the staff had promised us a variety of things during our tour then when move in date came they did not follow through with any of them. I had to provide my parents an extra bed as well as a TV set and chairs in the bedroom. They also were often short staff and would take my parents up to an hour to receive there food.

Beautiful Bedrooms!!

My loved one is loving her suit that she is currently living in, it is very comfortable with lots of extra space. The community is constantly kept clean and well maintained. The staff have all been excellent with keeping my family and I involved in the progress and improvements with my loved one,

5 stars all the way!!

Brookdale Pinnacle is amazing. The staff are wonderful and they made dad's transition very smooth. The food looks really good. They replaced the carpet and painted his room before he moved in. They keep his room and the community very clean. I would recommend this community. They offer a variety of activities.

Very nice place, overall

Our experience with Brookdale Pinnacle has been a very good one, so far! Mom is adjusting very well, and really seems to enjoy it here, she is meeting a lot of new people! She also really likes the food, there are always lots of choices. Really the only issue we've had so far is some issues with items going missing with the laundry service.

Well taken care of

The facility is very well kept and looked after. You can tell, there is a lot of love and work that went into a place like this. Very caring and loving place.

The Have Good Care

The one thing that they could improve on is the first few days of the move-in. We brought my loved one in and I know everyone is trying to get acclimated, but they did not do a good job of welcoming her, so I was a little disappointed in that. But that was the only drawback, the healthcare is all very nice though and they take good care of her.

Love location ,Look very nice ,just to high in price ,I would of Loved to put my Mom there ,we do a lot in Grove city rated it a 4 because of prices

Great Place!

My parents live in this community and are very well taken care of. The staff is wonderful and have really helped them adjust. The apartments are very nice and the common areas are always very clean and well kept.

I toured Brookdale Pinnacle and left with a positive impression. [Removed], the sales manager, seemed very knowledgeable and was easy to talk with. All staff I encountered were friendly and helpful. The location is nice, close to some shopping and a theater. When the time is right I will look here again. It seems my dad is not willing to place mom anywhere just yet. Maybe next year (they are 80 & 78 now). For now they will stay in their home in AZ with dad providing the care mom needs (she has alzheimers/dementia).

Nice but not the right fit for us.

We toured here, and we thought that this was a very nice community. Everybody was very nice. It was more of an upscale community. We didn't like that they didn't accept Medicaid, so it wouldn't be a good fit for us.

Don't let em fool you.

My parents are residents of this facility and we are very disappointed with the kitchen waite staff , the quality of the food and how it is prepared. meat either too tough to chew or under cooked almost raw. Vegs are under cooked, most residents have dentures and chewing underdone food is almost impossible. The attitude of the waitresses is so horrible. They are lazy, uneducated and don't serve a with a smile or compentinance enough to write down a tables order and read it to make sure the resident is served the food they ordered. Emeritus is only interested in the money they can charge. If a resident is ill and unable to come to the dining room a tray of food can be brought to their room but not more than 3 times in a row, or they are charged $5.00 for each tray brought to their room. No reimbursement is given for food/meals not eaten if a resident does not eat in the dinning room, even if a resident is hospitalized or away for the day. If you are looking for a "place for mom" don't look at Emeritus, look for smaller facllities that aren't part of a large chain whose only interest is making money. The only reason some one will take care of an elderly cantankerus old man or woman is because they love them or they are paid very well to care for them. Don't let fancy surroundings fool you. Talk to residents, sit in their dining room an eat with them, not in a separate area where you are being shoomizzed on how great the place is.
Check the patient care givers/aides talk to them ask what education they have had and understand that the only registered nurse you parent will see is the head nurse the other nurses handing out medications are 2 year practical nurses. Find out when the facillity Dr. will call on your parent, how sick do they need to be before their illness is addressed. Make an un-announced visits before you sign on any dotted line. So when your mother calls you crying because of the lack of care she is getting, you aren't surprised because you thought you were getting the best for her.

Sam Pollock

We are sorry to hear that you and your parents’ experience with our community isn’t meeting your expectations. We are pleased to announce that we have hired a new Dining Service Director for our kitchen, and they are busy elevating the standards in the kitchen as well as hiring new wait staff that are committed to high quality service. We are confused by your comments regarding charges for in-room dining service as it is not our policy to charge for this when a resident is sick or room-bound for a short time. While we encourage all residents to eat together for the social interaction it provides, we do offer in-room dining service when needed. If you have any additional concerns regarding the food at Pinnacle, we invite you to contact our Dining Service Director.
Our entire nursing staff is comprised of qualified Licensed Practical Nurses that have passed the state board. Our resident aides are trained on-site by the other aides and nurses, and also go through a training program that educates them on the laws surrounding resident care, as well as the care itself and all rights of the resident. Our nurses, as well as our resident Medical Director, are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please contact our community management team with any further concerns you have regarding your loved one’s care. You may also contact our Ethics First Program at www.emeritus.com/ethics.

A Lovely Facility

The staff is all very friendly, and they check on the residents often. When they push their call button, the staff members are quick to come and help. The activities are great, and there’s lots of things planned. They offer trips to the store. When there are events, the staff goes around and invites everyone. The food is good, and you can order smaller portions. There are always 2 entrée options. It’s a little expensive, but it's a lovely facility. The room is a nice size and the price is inclusive, which is great! There has been a communication issue in getting response to email and phone calls sent to administrative staff, and that’s been frustrating and concerning, but other than that, things have been going well!

Think twice before you fall for fancy. Look carefully at the residents and talk to them before you place a loved one.

both my parents are residents and we are very disappointed with the lack of sufficient aid staff and food servers. The food quality if horrible. The names they give to uneatable food are laughable. I have spent 2 weeks every month since July visiting and have found no inprovements.

Gross

He had a roomie that constantly urinated on the floor, and he kept falling because right in front of his room the carpet was slick and soaked with urine. There were bugs and ants and they couldn't get rid of them. I walked in several times and there were 40 people and two people trying to feed everyone. They never changed his clothes. It was awful.

Nice facility and people

I haven't had any problems with it, some of them are more friendly than others, but they're all great people, they're providing excellent care. They have a variety of activities from what I've seen on the schedule but I haven't acutally been there to see how they are run.
Number one, I liked the facility, i liked the people that were there, and number 2 it was closest to my house.
The also have a patio area that the residents can go out and get fresh air, its an enclosed patio so they can come and go as they like.

Levels of care

It is a very expensive community and if you would like to live here you need to have strong financial backing. They categorize residents by care levels of which each level is about $400. The bad thing about these levels is that they are not clear defined in black and white; they will access your loved one and then place them in a level. Their contract is also very one sided, they will work with you but they are written to benefit them. Overall the community is excellent and I would highly recommend the community to anyone that has the financial backing to afford it.

BEST LOCATION, but no vacan...

BEST LOCATION, but no vacancies at the moment and studio starts at $3400!...next to a senior center; in house Dr.and nurse calls; in-house $1 store and very important activities director. Studio deluxe at $3,900 was best value!!! Will work with other Emeritus properties to secure a room for mom.

Director was most helpful of anyone I...

Director was most helpful of anyone I have talked to. Clean, friendly place, many social opportunities.

Very nice place; probably at top of l...

Very nice place; probably at top of list. One-floor facility with lots of windows and light, even in memory care unit. Studio rooms nice; cable provided. Provide own furniture. One-time fee $2000.

They are sending a packet to me with ...

They are sending a packet to me with more info about their services. the Director is also sending an email with info about the Vet. benefit as well as a class given by a local vet about the program. We loved this place however it would be out of our price range.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.