Brookdale Tyler South - Tyler, TX

living at an Emeritus Senior Living community.

The sense of community is all around you when you become part of the Emeritus family. Through special
delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Care and Comfort

This community is outstanding. The staff is caring and attentive. The menu is appealing and he is happy with the meals that are offered. They do offer a lot of activities that are offered for him to join the other residents. We do recommend this community for the great care and value for other families.

Mom is Safe

Everything is going pretty well for my mother since her move to this community. They have been taking very good care of her and her needs. I really like how helpful and attentive they are to the residents. They have provided me a peace of mind knowing she is safe and well.

Every Service Costs!!

The tour guide showed me all the rooms and places to the community. It was a very nice place with very large adequate rooms. I didn't like that for every service they charged. If my mother wouldn't want to eat at the dinning room they would charge to take her meal to her room. There were so many deceptive fees in the paperwork that i wasn't comfortable with. It's a beautiful community but every service you receive is an add on and you have to pay.

We had a good tour!

The people at this community were nice and the food smelled good. I did not like that they have people from the outside come in for meetings as it makes it crowded. This community was to far away from us.

Very Bad Experience

My wife was not cared for well at this community. They promised a lot things to me and they did not follow through with them. The staff was not able to care for her. They need more training in dealing with patients with Alzheimer. I was not pleased with their services and I would not recommend this community to anyone.

front doors need painting

I really like Brookdale Tyler South. The staff and the activities directors here are really good. The only improvement I would say that needs to be made is that the front doors need painting. I really think that would make a better first impression. Overall I really like this facility.

laundry service

The only issue we have had at Brookdale Tyler South is with the laundry service. Her clothes have ended up in someone else's room several times. Overall it has been a really good experience here just that one issue.

Friendly, reliable staff

We're very pleased with how things have gone at Brookdale Tyler. The staff here are very friendly and caring, and they've been very accommodating to my loved one's needs. The medication service has been very reliable as well, which is something we've had problems with at other places. Overall we're just very happy with the service!

not good

My mother in law was only there for about three weeks until we checked her out and brought her home. They could not seem to handle her, and they wanted to strongly medicate her all the time. They suggested that we put her in a psychiatric ward to have her evaluated for stronger meds. We did so, and after a couple of weeks the doctor at the ward said she never needed to be there. After that we took her back to Brookdale Tyler South, and they had multiple employees leaving at the time, so they have some issues there as well. Our overall experience was not good.

Very caring!

Their marketing director is wonderful. PJ is very, very sweet. I think they are just great. They are very caring and homey. They care about each and every person. When I call they always know where my mother is and what she's doing. It's very safe. It's a small community so they are able to be attentive to all the residents. I would recommend the Brookdale Tyler South.

Very friendly and helpful.

Our experience with Emeritus At Pinehurst was one of Respite Care. We appreciated the friendly and helpful staff. They made us feel like family. The care was very good.

Seemed like a nice place, very friendly staff

We visited this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I thought Emeritus at Pinehurst was a very nice looking place! I spoke multiple times with their staff, and they were always friendly and helpful. This is definitely somewhere we were considering for my loved one, and I would recommend them as being worth a look to other families who are searching!

I want other people to know about what happened to my Mother.

I moved my Mother into Emeritus, and they were literally [removed]. When my Mom moved in, she was a bright-eyed, vibrant woman who ate plenty (she ate a complete Christmas Dinner with us). She was 105 pounds when she moved in, and she was down to 94 pounds less than one month later. The staff at Pinehurst had her medicated so heavily that she was not waking up for meals. When it was time to eat, they did not wake her up, they let her sleep. A member of the staff from her previous community came to visit her, and although Katherine was sleeping, she recognized the signs of dehydration. Katherine was brought home immediately in an ambulance with Hospice care. Katherine had lost her ability to swallow due to going for so long without eating. At this time, they don't know if she is going to make it through alive. I want other people to know about what happened to my Mother.

displeased

I showed up to check on mom after she was in there a few days and did not like what I saw. They were two hours late on her medication. Her tooth brush was still in the plastic wrapping unopened, so she had not had her teeth brushed at all that whole time. Her room was a mess with other peoples clothes mixed in with hers. I was very dismayed and quickly got her out of there and am now looking for another place.

a God-send

Emeritus at Pinehurst has been a reall God-send! We have been looking all over the place for a good place for dad. It was really challenging, but found a real jewel with Emeritus at Pinehurst. Everybody there is really nice, and it is a very nice place.

ok. not great, but not bad

When I needed to find a place for my mom I was kind of in a hurry. The experience with Emeritus at Pinehurst has been ok. Not bad, but not great. They seemed to have left some details out until we were about to move in that I think they should have given earlier on.

I was given one price, and since then have received a document in the mail telling me that it did not include certain things that I thought it did, so I am receiving additional fees which I am not happy about. They seem to keep piling up additional fees, and I have some issues with that. I moved mom here from another place where she was being neglected, and she is getting better care here.

this is a wonderful place. everyone was so helpful. love it

Staff friendly and very helpful

They had a change in personnel, right after we moved there. We got to know the staff, and everyone changed, and we're getting to know the new ones.

It's a good place. It's really clean. They are friendly. They try to help you the best way they can.

If you ask them to do something they do it, they do it; they're really helpful.

They seem sometimes to be a little thin on staff, especially on weekends.

Great staff

You can’t beat the staff. It’s one of the better ones around in Tyler. I’ve been up there and the food looked real good. There is enough parking whenever I go up there. On the cleanliness I’d give them a six and a half! They’re really clean and very friendly.

Very nice facility and staf...

Very nice facility and staff. They had cookies and a goodie bag for us when we got there. Carmen was great. She waited in the sleet and snow for us to come and then spent an hour showing us around and telling us about the facility. Rooms were nice and the residents were precious. The staff really seemed to care about the residents. They had genuine smiles and sincerity as we were going through the facility. The draw back for us was they don't allow pets. My mom in law has done so well for the past 10 years because of her cat and we didn't want her to have to leave him behind. The rooms are nice size with nice bathrooms and closets. Beds looked really comfortable. A divider in the room would be nice to give each resident a little more privacy. All in all, a very nice place.

Good Place

Pinehurst is a good place. I like the fact that they keep up with us really well. When I call I don't have any problems. I do wish they would cut my mother's toe nails more often but other than that everything is great. She's doing fine there. She does get lonely and have some anxiety but they are taking good care of her.