Brookdale Canopy Oaks (new listing coming soon) - Ocala, FL

Kind Staff!!

I have no complaints of how things had went for my loved one and I during our tour of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. They had a lot of great amenities for the residents as well as activities. It was just not the right fit in the end decision and I was not pleased with the smell that was throughout the building.

just a bit disappointed with the cost to care ratio. but otherwise it was Okay.

A tour with care

We toured this community. We did have dinner here and it was very good. The staff was nice and very friendly. We liked the clean community that had activities for the residents who wanted to participate. We would recommend this community for other families.

We love it!

They are very good and [Removed] one of my husbands aides is very good, she's fantastic. The activities director is great and keeps things for the residents to do. My husband loves the food and the community is always kept clean and very nice.

Short staffed!

Things were going well until the head nurse started to call off sick. They are already very short staffed and really need more help. When we toured the place, we were told there would be a nurse 24/7. The thing that sold us on the place was that its cheaper than most. The rest of the staff that is there is very friendly and quick at fixing things.

Every one was very friendly. The residents seem happy. The tour went well.

Kind Community, My Tour was Nice

This is a nice community. My tour went well, I enjoyed it. From what I was shown the community appeared to be well maintained. The staff I met was friendly and nice. They were informative and answered my questions. This is a lovely community with kind people. My tour was nice.

The satff we met seemed to really enjoy their jobs. The building is lovely, and the rooms are adequate. Costs are competitive. We were too early for lunch, so I have no comment about the foodl. I have some concerns about procedures when people run out of money.

It Smelled Bad

This was the worst. As soon as yo walk in you smell bad odors and it did not appear clean. I looked at a room and noticed the window was muddy. I asked if they clean it often and I was told the whole house was power washed a couple of weeks ago. Their garden was overgrown and some of the stepping stones were turned up so someone could trip and fall. Before we left we noticed there was a resident left in the dining hall and no staff came for her, instead a housekeeper walked by and helped her out. I would not recommend.

My Dad just moved into Brookdale Canopy Oaks not that long ago and so far its been really good. He seems to be really happy there and I know he's in good hands. They take the residents out on rides around town and keep them entertained. Dad enjoys the food and all in all its been a good experience.

Very nice place

Our experience with Brookdale Canopy Oaks has been a very good one, across the board. It's a nice looking place, the people are friendly, and the residents seem well cared for.

I do not recommend this community.

I would not recommend this community. My parents lived here and the community was not taking care of them as well as they should have. They thought they would have had more help there. My father has a c-pap maching and needs his oxygen maching and the community did not have either one hooked up for him. The food quality was not very good, was served cold, they ran out of coffee all of the time. The cost was also more than what we had first been quoted.

very good facility

Brookdale Canopy Oaks is a very good facility, but our situation is a tough one. It is a very nice place, very professionally run. They are very busy, and it is incredible what they do. I would definitely highly recommend them to anyone.

If there is anywhere they could improve, it would be to hire more people. They have such a large area to manage and could use some additional help.

Kind, caring staff

Wonderful staff who truly care about the residents. I have a peace of mind knowing my mom & dad are in such good hands!

I think they are doing great.

I think they are doing great. She has fallen since she has been there, through no fault of theirs, and they have responded very well. They have just been great. I stayed with her the first week, and I was very impressed by the care they showed her. They were very attentive. They are very loving. I was totally impressed, and it seems to have continued. She is very happy there. Everyone from the activities director to the ones serving dinner are great, the executive director comes around and makes sure everyone is happy. They have a new cook, and when the new cook, cooks, it's very impressive. If you don't like something on the menu they will fix you something else.

So thankful for Emeritus West

Placed dad in Emeritus West, June, 2012 and it's been the best thing we (my husband and I) could have done. We visit dad several times a week and can say he has exceptional care and plenty of activities available. Having him there is like a sleeping pill for us.

Seemed nice, but a bit pricey

We toured this facility when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this place looked okay, although it seemed very pricey for the quality of service that they provide. The care staff seemed friendly and the residents looked well cared for. However, I felt that the sales person I worked with was much too aggressive.

Loved it! Kathy was amazin...

Loved it! Kathy was amazing, and extremely helpful. We have decided this is the place for Mom, and we have put her on the list there for a room! We probably won't be ready to move for a month or two, but we feel much better! :)

Could be better

There’s some good points and bad ones. They’ll allow pets. The food could be better. I’d give it a three. The laundry service is alright, but there are some concerns. The worst thing I’ve found is the bugs. I found a cockroach.

Well Maintained

Emeritus at Ocala West is overall a great community. The staff were all great and the community was well maintain and very presentable. I have visited a few communities and this community stood at as one of my top options.

A Horrible Experience

I was looking for my uncle who had dementia. My aunt had been taking care of him at home and it got to be too much. He was medically fine but he would wander and was having problems with incontinence so we brought him to Emeritus West. They told us things on the phone the did not match up with what they said in person. The move in fee was $3000 instead of $1000. I set up an interview and the girl who set it up forgot and wasn't even there. Somebody else took us on a tour.

My uncle went in the next week and hey said that they would be able to get the VA to help pay which did not happen. Within 4 or 5 days he had fallen, was brought to the hospital and was extremely dehydrated. After he was better he went back and fell again. Apparently he had been laying there for several hours before he was found. They said he was dehydrated again. We did not have a very good experience. As beautiful as it is and as rosy as the make it sound, the quality of the care he got was horrible. In my uncle's autopsy there was nothing that pinpointed any fault towards Emeritus. They said it was just the progression of the dementia along with the dehydration. They found no neglect but never the less is it was not a good experience.

My Father is Happy at Emeritus

My father is at Emeritus. He's happy and he has not been complaining about anything. He likes the activities there. He's been quite busy. He likes the exercise in the mornings, he walks with a group of men, and they play bingo and go bowling. He's always at his meal time early - he likes that. I have not heard him complain about anything. He's there for the long term care. My concern was that there was a mix up with his medicine. Omnicare orders his medicine and everything for him but I have been getting these bills. My father is a veteran and i shouldn't be getting these bills. The person that initially handled this no longer works there. Now we all have to pitch in until it gets straightened out.

Nice. Buffet type eating, which is d...

Nice. Buffet type eating, which is difficult for someone who doesn't walk well. Small apartment with dorm room refridgerator and micro wave. Staff was very nice. Didn't see clients roaming around until meal time which was disheartening for social couples.

Nice tour...pleasant quaint...quiet...

Nice tour...pleasant quaint...quiet...

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment every day. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Amenities and Services
• Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
• Medication management
• Dining assistance and special diets
• Assistance with reminders and redirection
• Escorts and assistance with walking
• Emergency response call system