Brookdale North Naples - Naples, FL

Great place. Enjoyed all the people, environment and facilities. So glad [name removed] set this one up

Mediocre food

The staff was very nice and caring but a little too familiar. My mother who is very formal would not have fit in.

[Removed] was an absolute perfect person to give me the tour. The amenities were excellent. The location was close to the hospitals. However, I need a furnished room with a hospital bed in place. The extras added to the basic room charge was higher than my mother could afford.

Grandmother Loves It Here

My grandmother is doing very well with her move to this community. She loves it here, and I'am comfortable with her move to this community. We recently had a hurricane, and they handled the situation very. The staff with above, and beyond to make sure everyone was safe. She is safe, and in good hands. This is a community I would recommend to my family, and friends.

A great place

My father in law is happy living at this community. The staff did a great job during Hurricane Irma. They had a generator. They did a good job of watching everyone to be sure they got the care they needed. The food is good and he is happy with the activities. I would recommend this community.

Price Was A Factor

Location, Location, Location is always going to be a driving factor in pricing. You would think that the price would be the same for all locations of the same communities regardless of location but that is not always the case. The community where dad ended up was a Brookdale but it was less expensive than this one.If you compare both locations things are pretty much mirrored other than the location.
The staff was nice and friendly the overall appearance of the community was well maintained and cared for.

Brookdale North Naples

Dad was living alone on 13 acres in Maine so the move to Florida was a big one. We are fortunate that dad has a very happy go lucky disposition and is totally "with" it. The staff at Brookdale North Naples has been great--checking in to be sure dad is engaged and happy. He's made many friends here and we're so happy he's in a safe place!

Not the right place!

I got to take a tour of the community and we liked it. The people were very nice and they were knowledgeable and helpful. Everything went fine it just was not the place that we wanted for my brother.

There Is Always Room for Improvement

So far so good for my mom. It seems to be go according to plan. the change and they way they do things, she is not accustomed to like the time. Surely but slowly she will get accustomed. The staff was giving suggestions on helping an error with an evaluation form. While we waited for her own furniture they provided us with a TV, table, and bed.

Excellent choice

Have been to the hospital twice with siezures twice since coming here & both times there have been quick response & the hospital is just across the street. Everyone has been wonderful. The food is delicious & well prepared. Would reccomend this place to everyone.

Excellent Assisted Living/Retirement Community

My father is 101 years old and has been at Brookdale North for the past seven years. The facility has changed names three times since he moved in, but most of the staff has been there throughout that time. You could not find a better place to care for your elderly parent. Everyone in there is caring and goes above and beyond to keep the residents happy. Even though my father has his own private aides, the Brookdale nursing staff headed by Pat Russell, is always willingly on hand to help in an emergency. My father has had quite a few of those over the years. The dining room is open all day for three meals and the staff is also excellent. They know what my dad likes and what he should and shouldn't eat. So if one of his aides is not with him for any reason at mealtime, they will make sure that he has his food in front of him. Housekeeping/Maintenance headed by Matt does a good job. as well. If you ask for carpet cleaning or anything else that needs to be done, it is taken care of in a timely manner. Kathy does an excellent job as activities director and has been there since before my dad moved in. He's past doing the activities but I know she always has fun things going on. They have frequent trips to stores and fun places as well. And let's not forget weekly happy hour.
I only live five minutes away, so I'm in and out of the building all the time. I know everyone and they all know me, but more important, I see the consistency of a well run facility and a truly caring staff. They are all required to know the names of the residents and to greet them by name. The director of the facility is Carla Davis. She has been there for many years and does an excellent job keeping things running like a well oiled machine, but at the same time is compassionate and her door is always open. I know the names of most of the staff in the building but it would be too long a list to acknowledge everyone individually. Suffice it to say, they all do an excellent job. I do believe that the best thing I ever did was to move my father into this facility. I wouldn't be surprised if he made it to 102 even with all of his illnesses, because he's happy in his environment. He fought me on the move to Assisted Living years ago, but he's been very content in there. I would also like to mention that I checked out other facilities prior to moving him to Brookdale and he even lived in a different Assisted Living facility during his first year in Naples. I moved him out of there at the end of his first year because of all the problems we had with them. Do not hesitate to make the move to Brookdale North!

Nice place overall, some things to work on

Overall I think they do a good job at Brookdale North Naples however there are a few issues they could work on to improve the experience. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the staff is friendly and welcoming to the residents, which is good. However, communication has been difficult post move-in. During the sales process they'd respond immediately to calls or emails, but it's been much harder to get in touch with them recently. I'd also like to see some sort of new resident outreach program, our loved one is a little shy and has had a little trouble getting involved in the community socially. One last thing I will mention is that staff members will my loved one's room late at night to check in, which doesn't bother her, but I find it a little odd since she is in their independent living section. But overall it is a nice place, and she seems to be enjoying it.

Friendly staff

Things are going well since I moved to Brookdale North Naples. It's very nice and clean. I would certainly invite relatives and others to move here as well. I would rate the friendliness of the staff a six! I do most of the activities like playing cards. They have outside things come in like bands that play, groups come in and sing. The food is a four and a half, it is cooked very well, but can get monotonous.

A "Newcomer's" opinion.

I see a need for more personnel in the maintenance department. They are not overworked but overstressed and quite frequently they get behind and residents have to wait for needed repairs or installations.
Also, the receptionist needs to be at his or her station for the entire period of their watch, not delivering mail, messages, or setting up the coffee station. I have many times gone out to the " Front Desk" for assistance and found no one there because they were off running some superfluous errand. And to add to that, the phone ringing off the hook because there was no on there to answer it.
More wait persons trained and here to work would be a plus.

Well maintained facility

Brookdale is all you can ask for in a retirement community. The facility is clean and well maintained. The staff is professional and courteous. The food is decent and the activities seem to be appropriate for the residents.

Stellar place!

Brookdale North Naples is a great looking place! I have a lot of experience in the industry so I know what to look for, and Brookdale North Naples passes my strict requirements with flying colors! The place is clean, the food is excellent, and the staff is professional and caring. The director does a fantastic job, and the aides are mostly long term employees who are obviously happy with their jobs. The price is decent for the level of care that they provide, and we were able to get the rate locked in permanently, which is a big help for planning for the future. They don't provide a high level of medical care, but they provide great service for the level of care that they do provide. I would highly recommend the place to anyone looking in the area!

Learning stage

My father has been living here for over a month. His studio apartment is just enough space for him. He has found all staff to be friendly. It was confusing for both him and his family to find their way around in the beginning and a map, although not conclusive, was given when asked.

When he first moved in, the facility had "All Day" dining where the resident can pick any time to dine in one of their two dining rooms from early morning to early evening. It was one of the selling points both in brochures and during the tours. Now one of the dining rooms is only open 4pm-7pm and the other closes down for part of the day so there are times when there is no food available in either dining room. When I have eaten there I found a wide variety of choices on the menu and the food to be good.

There are many situations that are "learn as you go" and it would be beneficial to have more procedures in writing to avoid confusion and misunderstandings. Staff seems willing to work with residents when issues arise.

The interiors seem very well kept, however, one of the free laundry facilities could use updating with better equipment. There is a very small fitness room, but the equipment & space does not seem suitable for a lot of the residents.

For the exterior, when I have seen the pool it had vegetation debris in it and not inviting at all, although my father does not use it. At times I have needed to clear palm fronds and other vegetation off some of the sidewalks that surround the facility in order for my father to walk safely. There is usually ample parking for visitors and residents.

There are lots of activities onsite in various parts of the building for those interested in being social and residents can participate in excursions offsite for a fee.

Residents, overall , seem happy and content.

Bright and cheerful

When we walked into the facility, our first thought was that it was bright and cheerful. It is very nice. The staff is very easy to talk to and they seem willing to help. We like the fact that there is a medical care facility in the building.

Loved the facility and loved Patty Nicol! We will be back to visit again.

Visited without an appointment. Beautiful facility, well lit & well-maintained. Numerous activities, & shared spaces. Onsite medical and therapy services. Pool access not as convenient as some facilities visited. Steps into pool, no lift for those unable to maneuver steps. Staff friendly. Gorgeous courtyard areas. Layout somewhat confusing.

Brookdale a good find in North Naples

We looked at several assisted living institutions for my father. Brookdale was warm and inviting. There was a vitality that some other places lacked. The residents seemed to be out and about and engaged. The care providers seemed to know the residents and in particular the dining room staff was warm and caring.
We tasted the food and gave it high marks.
right now the only down side is the dimness of the lighting in the side gathering areas outside the resident rooms. Nothing a larger watt light bulb wouldn't cure.
It is hard to say how the activities are. Most are the same as on would find in any assisted living. The question is how they are promoted and attended. I don't know the answer yet.
The janitor needs to clean the stair wells. Otherwise the building seemed well cared for.
I am happy to note I may change this review as my father experiences life at Brookdale.

The facility is very nice, and the staff are all friendly.

They have been fine. The facility is very nice, and the staff are all friendly. I haven't really had any major concerns or complaints at this time. I give them a four out of five, because, nobody is perfect.

Very nice and does so much, Dad like it. Patty was great. I think he would choose this one but still want to stay in his home

I feel Comfortable.

I feel comfortable with having my mom at the Emeritus. All the people are friendly there and she likes it there. Emeritus has made the transition from a home to apartment living good for her. It is very clean and does not smell like an old folks home. My mom being more independent, there could be more activities for her to participate in. She does enjoy the golf with the bi-weekly putting tournaments, and looks forward to the up coming party. The food is pretty good, thought the lunch time waiter might benefit from cross training to better service the cross over between breakfast and lunch. The chef is very open and will try one of my mothers recipes.

Peace Of Mind

My mother lived at Emeritus for five years and I was there almost everyday! I can tell you it is a wonderful and caring environment lending itself to family peace of mind! The food was amazing and catered private parties great! The Beauty Shop was so convenient,Physical Therapy onsite,nursing staff,entertainment, an amazing activity director, Caring Dinning Wait Staff,transportation and security with call button response.....what more could you want for your parent???? Thank you,Emeritus!

Son in Law

Clean, friendly, and helpful. The building layout is difficult to navigate and Dad often got lost and frustrated. Other than that we love it. Many times when a senior leaves their home they may become depressed. I think the folks at Emeritus truly try to make the transition easier. Of course it helps if Mom or Dad have a positive attitude. Just remind them they do have a choice, but the other choices are not as good.

Have been at Emeritus for 1 week now.

Great experience

From the pre-visit phone contacts, to the visit, to my 90 year Mother's moving in; everyone and everything has been wonderful! It is immaculate, the food is delicious, the staff is so kind and considerate. My Mother can make her own food choices and dining times to suit her personal preferences and schedule. We look forward to our Mother's future at Emeritus of Naples.

Good sized apartments

I thought their apartments were nice. They’re larger than the ones I’ve seen in other communities. It’s conveniently located. There are a lot of things around it. So they have a lot of options for trips as part of their activities.

visited 4.16.14. not secure...

visited 4.16.14. not secure enough. no memory care.

David Virden

We apologize that your tour of our community did not meet your expectations. You are correct that Naples does not offer Memory Care services. We do, however, have sister communities that do offer Memory Care. We invite you to visit [removed] to speak with one of our Family Advocates who can assist you in locating one of our sister communities. You can also search for our community on the website to see a list of these communities under the heading, “Communities Nearby.”

Beyond expectations

Their complete grasp of Emeritus offerings and how to connect those offerings with the needs of seniors, has resulted in placement at the Naples facility. I'm impressed by the professionalism, the clarity, for going above/beyond in each facet encountered and for showing flexibility throughout the entire process.

Their complete grasp of Eme...

Their complete grasp of Emeritus offerings and how to connect those offerings with the needs of seniors, has resulted in placement at the Naples facility. My thanks to the staff for the professionalism, the clarity, for going above/beyond in each facet encountered and for showing flexibility throughout the entire process.

Overall, I would say a five, I am a l...

Overall, I would say a five, I am a little concerned since Emeritus has taken over. Some of the residents that have been there awhile say that there were a lot of things that have changed. They have had a fair amount of turn over, there was a waiting list of 30 and she was on the bottom but she moved up very quickly. But for me, as long as the staff seems very happy with where they are working, then that is good. Among the many things that I liked about Merrill Gardens was the long term staff. From my mother personally, I have good feedback! It has been very positive for her, everything that is happening is what we had hoped. She is getting up and going down to the dining room to have breakfast, lunch, and dinner with people. Over the other places that we visited, the floor plan lends itself to that you have to run into people. My mother just shut herself off while she was living alone, and she is normally very social, so we are so happy with these changes. She is now using the walker that she's needed for a long time because she doesn't feel self conscious about it!

Emeritus Naples

So far we have had no problems. My mom seems to be more settled every day and we have found the staff and other residents to be very friendly and helpful. The facility presents a good value for the services rendered. The food is quite good as well.

Very On Top of Things

My mother just loves it there. She's so happy! One of the biggest things is that it's so clean. The help and staff are so nice. She's met so many nice people that are living there. It's very close, less than 5 miles from my house. she spends at least one night a week here just to be with family. If she wants to spend another night but doesn't call them, they call me to make sure they know where she is.

They are so nice about when we visit. They know you by name. I think it's the perfect sized community. It's large enough that they have everything you want to do but small enough that they know all the residents. It used to be Merrill Gardens and we're not quite as pleased with Emeritus as Merrill Gardens. The food quality went down a little bit and other minor things. My mom just needs to wait until the staff turn over clams down and then I think things will get back to normal. I would definitely rate it A+. They are very much on top of it so I feel very good about her being there.

Terrific place, great people ,great a...

Terrific place, great people ,great amenities my mom is moving in!

Loved it!

Loved it!

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment everyday. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®

Brookdale North Naples is a community for seniors located just outside of downtown North Naples. Seniors who live here have access to customized activities and large-scale gatherings both inside and outside of the community. Apartments in the large Spanish-style complex feature subtle yet elegant decor and an open, modern design. Some of the many amenities seniors will find at Brookdale North Naples include:

- Coffee shop
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Fully equipped fitness center and putting green
- Greenhouse/gardening area
- Concierge service
- Arts & Crafts studio
- 24-hour security

Services Offered

Brookdale offers assisted living for seniors who want to remain independent but need minor assistance maintaining a household. Seniors here get help with cleaning, cooking, and personal care, as well as ambulation or medication reminders when necessary.

City Info

North Naples is a senior-friendly spot with golf courses, city parks with walking trails and recreational opportunities. It is less than a mile from the Gulf of Mexico and those infamous white, sandy beaches.

- Walkability Score: 7 out of 10. The community is large and promotes walking with wide avenues and a variety of walking paths. Local shopping is accessible by sidewalks that line the main roads.

- Average Age in 34109 zip code: 49; established married couples dominate the area

- Number of local senior residential facilities nearby: North Naples has a number of nursing homes and senior residential facilities.

- Average Weather: Naples is located in a tropical climate. Summers are often hot and humid and winters are mild. Area residents often experience a cooling affect from winds that come off of the Gulf.

- Veteran's facilities: Naples Vet Center

Transportation

This area of North Naples is easy to travel by foot, but most seniors will find a personal vehicle beneficial to reaching the variety of stores nearby. Collier County has bus service in many areas and a variety of taxi companies as well.

- Buses: Collier Area Transit (CAT) is the local bus line. Seniors and those with disabilities travel at a discount and have access to special accommodations.
- Trains: Naples Trolley Tours runs downtown
- Taxis: Seniors can utilize a number of taxi companies, including Coast to Coast, Arkway and Taxi Pam

Health and Safety

Brookdale North Naples is only blocks from the area's two largest hospitals, NCH and Landmark. The community has a therapy pool and fitness center, as well as a 24-hour security system to provide peace of mind. The area is a middle-class neighborhood with family-friendly parks and shopping venues.

- Hospitals in the area: NCH Healthcare System, Landmark Hospital
- Crime rate in 34109 zip code: This part of Naples is lower in crime than many of the surrounding areas, including downtown North Naples. The crime in this zip code is 38 out of 100.

Sports and Leisure

The community of Brookdale encourages seniors to stay active with a full schedule of fitness and wellness classes. There is an outdoor pool for seniors to swim and do therapy, as well as a fully equipped fitness center. Every day there is something different to do, from card games to field trips and social events.

- Golf courses nearby: Stonebridge Country Club, Collier's Reserve Country Club, LaPlaya Golf Club
- Tennis courts and clubs nearby: Pelican Bay Community Park, Tarpon Cove Racquet Club, Naples Tennis Club
- Gyms nearby: There is a fitness center and pool on-site. Other local gyms include Beyond Motion, Lifestyle Family Fitness, LA Fitness and Fitness Together.

Shopping and Entertainment

North Naples has cultural and educational opportunities for seniors who want to learn more about the area's history or enjoy diverse entertainment and shopping venues. Groups regularly assemble to visit local flea markets, shopping centers and other attractions.

- Clothes shopping nearby: Marshall's, Granada Shoppes, Target, Men's Warehouse, Walmart, Nordstrom, Tommy Bahama

- Grocery stores: Publix, Sam's Club, Walmart, Whole Foods Market, Trader Joe's

- Restaurants: Cicis, Jason's Deli, Fernandez the Bull Cuban Cafe, Joey D's Italian Restaurant, The Bay House

- Movie theaters: Regal Cinemas Hollywood 20

- Libraries: Collier County Public Library

- Senior-friendly salons for both men and women: Brookdale has a full-service beauty salon and barbershop on-site; other local salons include Simple Beauty Studio, Great Clips, Running with Scissors Salon, Studio-41 Salon and Supercuts.

- Attractions: Downtown North Naples offers seniors entertainment and shopping options, and the pier is a great place to dolphin-watch or enjoy the sunset. Seniors often visit Flamingo Flea Market, Coastland Mall, or one of the local department stores.

Religious facilities

Brookdale North Naples congregates on Sunday mornings for seniors who want to worship on-site, and there are regular Bible studies and devotional meetings. For those who prefer to get out into the Naples area for church, there are many options nearby. Some of these include Our Savior Lutheran Church, Saint John the Evangelist Catholic Church, Covenant Presbyterian, and Central Church of Christ.