Brookdale Ashland - Ashland, OR

They take great care of him!!

My loved one is doing great, he is moving back home because he is doing very well on his treatments. I haven't been involved a whole lot but as far as I can see he has been very well taken care of. They would take his meals to his room when he couldn't go down to the dining room. I really like how it is easy for him to go out and walk, he has an exit in the back where he can access a sidewalk to go on walks.

My visit!

This looked like a nice community during our tour. The people we met were nice. This community was larger and a little more expensive than the community we chose.

Not a place I would recommend. The list of amenities is false advertising at its best. The food is often times not edible and the visiting higher ups are actually disrespectful to residents that voice their concerns. There will be a mass exodus of this facility if things don't drastically change in the near future.

As far as the amenities list you might have read I would apply the "can't believe everything you read" philosophy. My mother is at the Ashland Oregon facility and not only are we having the contract she signed reviewed we're also, along with several other families, looking for somewhere else for her to live. This facility is over priced and understaffed, everything from the food to the housekeeping services have and continue to be totally unacceptable.

Don't believe everything Brookdales fancy brochure claims it to be. Where do I begin;
I have a parent at the Ashland Oregon facility and we thought, based on all of their claims, that this would be a perfect place. It didn't take long to find out the truth which quite simply is this;
The food is horrible and the portions are so small that many of the residents are still hungry after they've eaten. The food isn't fresh it's delivered prepared and frozen and the "chef" simply heats it up. The only fresh fruit served are oranges and apples and there is no concern whatsoever about health issues relating to food. Activities are rare, since my parent moved in there hasn't even been an activities director. I have no idea what they're talking about when they list one of the amenities as "transportation" I guess they think that going to the Walmart once a week is transportation because that is all that's offered. My parents apartment gets vacuumed twice a month but because there is only one housekeeper for the entire facility, it's not unusual for that to get overlooked. When lightbulbs in and outside of the building go out it takes weeks and sometimes months before they're replaced making it difficult to see at night, it's literally a law suit waiting to happen. There's no such thing as pet care, bbq's, happy hours. And all of this for $2700 a month. It is nothing but false advertising and my sibilings and I are having the contract looked at and will be taken action very soon.