Brookdale Mill Creek - Mill Creek, WA

I had a wonderful tour at Brookdale Mill Creek as a preview for my mother. The facility was clean, bright, and spacious. I was impressed by the activity spaces. The staff was kind, attentive, and knew every person's name as we passed during the tour. The suites were nice, although some needed updates. I intend to take my mother back this week.

Mom loved living here.

My mom lived here for 7 years and really liked it. The staff was wonderful they loved my mom. She had quite the outgoing personality. It stayed clean in here. The food was 50/50. She loved doing all the daily activities she stayed busy. I would recommend people to this community.

I toured this community

I loved it. [Removed] put me at ease he helped me understand the levels of care that mom needed. It helped me look at it in a whole new way. I was really stressed at this point. He answered all of my question's. There was a pool here which mom loves but had no attendant at the pool. The corridors were just too long for mom to do.

Property Not As Lively

We toured a few communities and this one was in a nice area. The price was within budget range for us. However, we felt the property was not quite as busy as some of the others we had seen and we wanted mom to be active. The food we had on the tour was very bland not seasoned. However on the tables was their own homemade seasoning you could sprinkle on the food if you needed to. The staff was very friendly and nice that we had met.

Comfort for dad

I toured this community for my father's care. The community was clean and we liked knowing that the staff would be helpful. We know that he would be happy with a room that had a nice view. here. We would recommend the care and value of a great place to call home with great care.

My tour

This community seemed nice and clean when we visited. They do not accept medicaid, however they do offer low income rooms for the residents. The people we met were nice and I liked this community.

Pleasant tour

The tour at Brookdale Mill Creek was very positive. The staff was friendly and answered all of our questions. I would recommend them!

This is a very clean facility with caring people and many activities to try out, if you want to do that. The lunch we had was very good and the servers were attentive. Whatever questions we had were quickly answered. Everyone we met was friendly.

Dad's Care

I like knowing my father is in a community that cares about his good being. the staff members are extremely helpful to his needs. He is not always happy with the meals. They do offer him a lot of good activities. I like the cleanliness of the community. I think other families would be happy with the care and value of this nice community.

I did not tour this location. My good friend just moved her mom from this place, when they got sold. The care and quality drastically went down. In fact, her friends are also moving because of this same thing.

Lack Of Care

We have not had a good experience here at this community. They are not able to provide the level of care my mother needs. They advertise that they provide assisted living, but this more like an independent living community. The care givers are inexperience, and insufficient. The management skills are poor. This community needs improvement.

Nice place!

Brookdale Mill Creek is a very nice place, overall! The people are friendly, and the place is clean and well kept. Really my only complaint is that the food could be better. We're glad we found it!

Brookdale Mill Creek gets my recommendation!!

My mom is settling in nicely at Brookdale Mill Creek. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The food is good and they have an excellent food program. They offer activities however she does not yet participate in any. The community is clean and well maintained.

We really like Brookdale

We really like Brookdale. We did have an incident recently where a resident said something inappropriate to my Mom, but that is not the staff's fault. It is a lovely place and very nice people work there. The grounds are really nice too. . .such a lovely setting. We think it is the right place for Mom to be. The rooms are really nice too.

My uncle loves it!

After looking at several communities in the Snohomish county area my uncle choose this one. We kept hearing odd things and he loved the "feel". He's been here a few months and couldn't be happier. I visit him often, as does other family, and he always mentions how nice the people that live and work here are. We all see how much better he is doing physically and emotionally; he's even able to continue his physical and occupational therapy here through their therapy department; we didn't find this option available at other places.

My parent's toured here last week and it looks like they'll be joining my uncle soon. They liked the feel as well and said the staff was very friendly and informative.

I live just a couple miles away so this is great news for me!

Unprofessional

I hope no one else has the awful experience that we had.
Falling out of bed the first night because the care did not give her the safety cord to reach was just the beginning. After just one week we are out of there!

Nice Staff; Could Have Better Orientation

The residents seem happy and friendly. The food is really good. There are lots of activities that many residents attend. The only thing that I think they could have done better is better orientation and intake of my mother. She was moving in from out of state and had never seen the facility until the day she moved in, and they didn't have a tour for her and the orientation was later. For several days she kept saying she didn't know where anything was. Once they met with her they were very nice, though, and she has settled in and is happy.

couldn't be happier here

I have no complaints about Brookdale Mill Creek and any that we have had have been attended to quickly. For instance her shower-head was broken when she moved in but they got it replaced that day. I do think they should have caught that before she moved in but I am glad they resolved the issue so quickly. The food is amazing at this facility and the dining service is wonderful. The staff is lovely and its really nice to see them interact with the residents. She couldn't be happier here!

Employees at Brookdale seem very patient and freindly with my parents.

very good place, not sure it's best for us

The staff at Brookdale Mill Creek has been really good. Very warm, welcoming, friendly and supportive.

The only issue that I have is that I am not sure that my father fits in well. Most of the people that I have seen there are either physically or mentally disabled. My father is 94 but he is in particularly good condition for his age, and there is not much for him to do there. There are not any activities or anything for him.

Other than that, the food is terrific, the people are friendly, and overall it is a very good place.

On the whole it's going well.

On the whole it's going well. It's hard getting her involved in activities, and I have asked often to have them knock on her door, or wake her to join, but I have to stay on top of that. I wish there was a little more housekeeping, but they offer it once a week unless you pay for more often. The food is okay, I would like it to be a little higher quality, but on the whole I think it's nutritious, if not always satisfying.

Wonderful Community

My parends moved into Emeritus Mill Creek about a month ago. My mom talks about how friendly everyone has been to them and how they were immediatly invited to join the Bridge group (a game they both love). They also love the fact that the dining room is open for meals from 7am - 7pm and that shopping is so convenient (my mom likes to walk to the library and the Mill Creek Town Center). They have a beautiful view of the courtyard and the fountain from their apartment, which is also a plus for them.

So far I think it's very nice.

So far I think it's very nice. I'm not sure about the activities, she's not quite settled in yet. She was very excited that they had a pool. The food is pretty good. The one thing is the amount of lighting in her particular apartment, the maintenance guy said he would try to change that, it's been about a month and that hasn't happened yet. It's very dim in there, there aren't a lot of lights on the ceilings, and there is only one switch that will turn the lamps on. The other thing I noticed was that they were going to replace the carpeting before she moved in and they didn't, they cleaned it, but you can see the stain they didn't replace it. The pool was a big factor of why she picked this, also when you walked in the door we saw a lot of people being active. They have covered parking, and everyone is really nice, and I like how the dining is open pretty much all day, and there is a lot variety, and choice. If she is in her room and wants to make a sandwich, and can go down and get a little cup of mayonnaise. There is a full size fridge and stove as well, a lot of places only had a mini.

It seems like they are doing a pretty good job.

I've tried the food and it is pretty good, it's a four. It seems like they are doing a pretty good job. We chose them because of the overall quality and they have an indoor pool. Overall he is doing much better.

Had a great time and the place feels ...

Had a great time and the place feels like home. Enjoyed the lunch and tour. The resident we ate with was deliteful and the rest were very friendly. They are tied with Chateau Bothell Landing for the best place we've seen so far.

Enjoyed the tour and the Director was...

Enjoyed the tour and the Director was wonderful! I am torn between pool and more activities - versus the smaller Id Culver - I have placed a call back to her, maybe we could stop by for a quick visit and I have set up a possible visit for Mom. I am at this point between these two.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment everyday. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®