Pacifica Senior Living Merced - Merced, CA

Documentation of client activities and meals

My husband was at Pacifica for a week for respite care in the memory center. He was okay for 3 days but then wanted out and was violent. His doctor ask what the trigger was and I went to Pacifica three times asking about documentation leading up to the incident. First I was told that they did not document. The next times I was told that they sent documentation to the state but I was not able to get a copy. The cost for the week was $2000

Pacifica Senior Living

We work hard to provide a fantastic experience to everyone. It's discouraging to see that you had a negative experience. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will use your comments to refine our efforts to ensure this issue does not happen again.

Loved the assisted living area, but when we walked into the memory care unit it stunk like urine..... ugh. Im going to keep looking, maybe a revisit here too.

Excellent facilities. Plan to get a tour for my father this week.

Clean Property!!

I have no complaints of how things had went during my tour of this community for my loved one. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions that I had for them in detail. I liked that they had an open floor plan that was easy to navigate through. Overall it was a pleasant experience just was not the right location for us in the end decision.

Remodel is great, the community is comfortable and safe for my mom.
She has her dog and she loves him. We are very glad to have her so close to us and get great care. She really enjoys the Sunday bible time.

Everything was very nice at this community. It was very clean and nice to look at.The staff was friendly and welcoming on the tour they were very helpful. However, we did find the community to be more expensive than other ones we had previously toured.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review and for touring our community. We have done a comprehensive senior living study and found that our rates are right in line with the competitors. In fact, we found that we are a better value with more programs and options. We hope that you find the community that best fits your needs and that you are happy in the community you choose. We thank you for your consideration.

Our needs are met!

We are very happy with my loved one's stay at Pacifica! The meals are great, and the staff are sure to cater to my loved one's needs and requests. My loved one also has the option to participate in activities such as bingo. Though we hit a couple of bumps along the road related to housekeeping practices, our concerns were addressed immediately. This facility fits our needs!

Did not hear good things...

When I toured Pacifica Senior Living, I thought it looked nice. Most of the adsisted living area was being remodeled, but I did not hear good things from people at my church and in my community. Also, the memory care unit was in need of remodeling, it had a bad urine odor.

This facility was suitable for memory care. We chose the Pacifica in Modesto as we felt it was better suited for my dad and closer to home.

Management Needs Improvement

My father does like it here at this community, he has adjusted very well to it. I do have my concerns with the management of this community. There were many delays with the cleaning of his room. I have to remind the staff to do their jobs. I just feel that we are paying all this money, and they did need to provide my father acceptable care. The care staff is kind, but the communication between the staff and management needs improvement. It is a neat and tidy community. Overall my father is happy, but I would not recommend this community until improvement are made.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. The staff at Pacifica Senior Living Merced take our reviews very seriously and we are glad that you brought this to our attention. Please call our community directly at [removed] for ways we can work towards resolving these issues. We look forward to hearing from you soon. .

Overall I Like It

I guess the main thing that I would say they can improve on is better communication among the staff. The staff seem very new to each other and sometimes things break down because they are unsure about the functions of the other employees. Overall I like it though and am happy with it.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review. We appreciate it & thank you for your review.

Emeritus

I love were my dad lives the workers, people a the seniors living their are so happy an Friendly.
Thank you for helping find Emeritus.

My dad Randall Garrett is happy there

Outstanding couldn't be better

This was the best decision I have made overall. The most of my time as a resident in this community, I have been well taken care of. The staff I dealt with' s and witnesses at visits or those I witnessed first hand were never bearing any type of negative characteristics that i witnessed first had nor any that I was aware of. In fact with what I reviewed I saw only positive people.

They are amazing! We are very pleased.

They are amazing! We are very pleased. Everything is very clean, and the staff is wonderful, they are just fantastic. We had a difficult situation with a couple of different needs coming into play, and Emeritus was great in working with us, and giving us such a good value. They have plenty of activities, and entertainment. We are happy with the food, and I can't think of anything that needs to be better. Such a good job, we are so happy with them.

It isn't perfect but it's a really good place.

It isn't perfect but it's a really good place. I haven't had great luck with getting someone to get back to me, when I call. This is memory care, so it can be difficult to plan activities that everyone can do. The food is good. They could improve the response time with the administrative or management. The aides and help are good. This was the only place that was really a true memory care center. They were able to give some hands on services, we could see that they were being well taken care of and were very attentive to their needs.

They are very clean community with a very friendly

We had our setbacks, but it was just getting things set up, so I'd give them a five. They are very clean community with a very friendly. I wish the memory care area had a larger outdoor area. I wish there were more activities. Alzheimer’s patients really benefit and need access to the outdoors, places to walk.

Very Happy with Them

I was very very happy with them. I'd recommend them to anybody. We like the location, price, and the facility - all that is good. I think they could do a little bit more in the communication area.

Unacceptable care

My mother is a resident and her condition has worsened tremendously. It is unclear if she is getting appropriate medical care and meds that might improve her physical and mental condition. When visiting her recently, we found her lying on bunched up bedding, and she and bedding were soaking wet. She clearly had not been tended to for quite some time, and had not been bathed or shampooed for who knows how long. Scary and so heartbreaking wondering what happens when we are not there! We had been hopeful that despite the administrative issues and poor management, that Mom was at least being cared for and loved on. We are upset beyond words and desperate for an alternative place to move her. Any suggestions in the Merced area would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe Better for More Care

I didn't think it was a good fit for my sister. She was pretty independent and it seemed to me that if you need more care that Emeritus might be the place that you would want to be. It didn't seem quite as open to me.

Going Smoothly

The staff that we have dealt with have been very friendly. My frame of reference is that for many years mother lived with my sister and brother-in-law and then they were brining in outside help and Emeritus is a little bit under that cost and it's a much lovelier place.

She moved in on Sept. 4th and on the 5th of Sept there were a few things not done. When we walked in the room mother was in bed, she did not have her oxygen on that she would normally have at night. that might have been her own doing but anyhow it wasn't on. It was an awkward start. There was some catching up to do. Now things are going better. It was day two before they had it figured out. I get calls from several staff members there and I talk to the former caregiver that came to my sister's house who visits mother and to the best of my knowledge, things are going quite well. There have been no serious issues. It's going about as smoothly as can be.

Emeritus at Merced - Disappointing

My mother entered the memory care side of Emeritus in late 2012. Within 90 days we realized that it was not the best place for her and continue to look at options. A few things that we found very disappointing [removed] 1) valuables went missing (despite management's promise to secure them prior to their disappearance); 2) even while under the care of Emeritus and their recommended physician (which included regular dispensing of meds), her mental and physical condition deteriorated; 3) the price that we were quoted at admission nearly doubled, and when questioned about the increasing cost we were advised that the cost is calculated based on the amount of time invested with her each day, and there is no way to provide us with a chart or formula; 4) the facility has numerous areas of deferred maintenance (which included a standard company-mounted cabinet falling off the wall while my mother was in the room, and sliding closet doors falling off the track in her room). Given my mother's deteriorating condition under their care, I phoned the manager (who would not return my initial three calls) and requested a copy of the nurse's notes and a list of meds that she was being administered. The manager responded by advising a) they would not release the nurse's notes as they are the confidential property of Emeritus, and b) they would not release the schedule of meds to me because I did not have a medical power of attorney. Not only do we find the services and actions of Emeritus unacceptable, we believe that given reasonable alternatives in the Merced area, Emeritus would be forced to make significant changes (encompassing a focus on the care of its residents instead of the company's profit) and/or be required to close its doors.

Very Nice Community

It seems to be a good community but they are more expensive then comparable communities. We would be paying $200-$300 more for a semi private room then we are paying for a private room at another community. Their prices go up at least 3% every year so the prices get higher each year. This is a higher level of care type community that leans more toward assisted living. It is a very nice community just wasn't what we were looking for.

Extremely Impressed

I am pretty pleased with them A Place for Mom recommended them she has a room share a bathroom but are private room value for what they had to offer. Keep open line of communication lunch with her the food was pretty good impressed they have two entrées per meal. Extremely impressed with the staff they have there. The staff is always present when the residents are eating. They have a really fast response time. Staff knows everybody there. They offer really good activities for the residents. They have people from outside like musicians come in and entertain the residents. The staff is always there supporting the residents and really getting to know them. I would recommend them to anyone.

Very nice place, people very nice and...

Very nice place, people very nice and helpful. Gina was great. Lots of activities, good food choices, can have pets, good personnel to resident ratio.

Toured on Monday. Approximately 75 cl...

Toured on Monday. Approximately 75 clients in two story building. Food was tasty, low salt and healthy. They have entree choices and a salad bar. Fresh fruit always available. Rooms were a nice size. Particularly impressed with shower unit. There is a foam edge so feet do not have to be lifted over ledge. A chair will easily fit. Lots of activities. Clients seemed very happy. Clean facilities and well maintained. Small frig. and microwave included. Large closet(s). Space to turn around with walker in bathroom. Impressive, concerned about price.

interested

interested

We are a "Social Model" style of Assisted Living, an ideal solution for Residents who require varying levels of assistance. The assisted living community at Pacifica Senior Living Merced is a bright and spacious neighborhood with a cozy feel to it. Our approach to Memory Care at Pacifica Senior Living Merced, is to provide a customized Care Plan based on our Residents unique needs and requirements. We recognize that as the needs of our Residents change; we must revise their Care Plans. We are the only secured Memory Care community in Merced. Pacifica Senior Living Merced is a small, intimate, and premier community nestled in spectacular landscaped grounds. We offer a choice of studios, one and two bedroom apartments; a few of our amenities include a pleasant garden courtyard, activities center, library, and on-site beauty salon. We are a pet friendly senior community.

AMENITIES AVAILABLE