Brookdale Marysville - Marysville, WA

What an experience!

LOVE this community, just visited 2 others and was no impressed. Brookdale Marysville is CLEAN! the menur options are unbelievable, all day dining - awesome! Very happy with the tour we had, so friendly and great smiles. We decided to move in!

Very nice facility. Just what we were looking for.

The location was just not a good fit

The staff here did a nice job on my tour and they answered all my questions. The community was nice and clean and had a lot to offer, but the location was not a good fit for me.

My Visit To The Community

This community seemed nice and clean when we visited. They have a nice courtyard and garden. This community was a little more expensive than what we were looking for.

A Place for Mom really helped to get me to check out Brookdale. The people at Brookdale are friendly and helpful as well as giving you a feeling that you loved one will be in good hands. My dad was absolutely opposed to going to any type of senior facility, and after going to lunch at Brookdale with [Removed] and [Removed], he changed his mind and gave it a chance. After a week, he seems more involved, is taking better care of himself, and also letting the staff assist him in areas he wouldn't accept help for before....
Thank you all at Brookdale !!!!!

Great Community!!

My loved one has really been enjoying there stay at this community, the staff are very attentive to his needs and have made him feel right at home in his new living environment. My dad has been participating in the various activities and has really enjoyed the company of the residents.

Nice Community, Few Concerns

This is a pretty decent community, I know my mother is safe here. The community looks great, they do a very good job with keeping everything nice and well maintained. Like any other community you have some parts of staff that are amazing and other's that need some more training. There activities offered, but I wish the consistency and encouragement of the residents to participate was better. The food is fair. I would recommend it, but with some reservations.

Very Pro Active Community

This is a community that I would recommend. They are caring for my brother and his needs very well. It is a nice looking community, they do a good job with keeping his room and the facility nice and clean. The staff is excellent, they have been very pro-active. There are many activities offered for him to try if he wants to. The meals are nice, he is pleased with the food. They are providing him with great care and I would recommend this community.

Nice staff

The staff here is very nice. They are attentive and kind with the residents. The facility itself is well maintained and clean. We have had a pretty good experience with Brookdale so far and have had no major issues.

Very pleased with the caring staff!

I had to search for a place for my mother after she was released from skilled nursing. I have been very pleased with the caring nature of the staff and the facility in general. I have toured 5 facilities and this was the nicest and CLEANEST facility I toured. They also provide a good level of care, assistance and medication management for my mother. I have been especially pleased with Whitney, Pam, Karen, Sue and Marian. I talk to them several times a week as I reside out of the area. The thing my mother particularly likes is the lovely dining room and the helpful staff there. Since many of the residents have difficulty expressing themselves or hearing loss, the wait staff have been so incredibly patient. The food is also fairly good and is prepared restaurant style, with residents ordering off a menu. The wait staff with all offer to make different things if nothing appeals. Since the food is a very big deal to elderly folks, this is a huge plus. My mom has been in this facility for 6 weeks and she has adjusted very well, she loves her little efficiency apartment (this facility has different size apartments)and she's made a number of friends.

One month in and my mother is very happy here...

My mother has been in the Brookdale (Marysville) for one month. She is very happy here even though 6 months ago she wouldn't have considered it. One serious health issue later and she is thrilled with her return to semi- independence.
THE STAFF: I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the staff that I have met to include (but not limited to): Whitney, Sue, Karen, Dottie, Jason, Marian. They have all been caring and kind. The kitchen staff is amazingly patient and kind. They are dealing with people, like my mom, who may have difficulty expressing themselves and haltingly bring out words. This is especially true in the dining room. The servers have the patience of Job.
THE FOOD: One of the things that I particularly like is that you can order off a menu, like a restaurant. As one gets older and their world becomes smaller, little things like food take on a greater importance so the food has to be decent and varied. A couple OTHER places I toured before deciding on this one, the menu was uber limited; almost no vegetables or salads and fruit. I saw hot dogs on the menu for lunch every day, one casserole, and another choice that made me think I'd take a frozen dinner instead. I just knew that none of those would please my mother as she is more the salad bar, fruit place, omelet kinda gal. If she doesn't have the food she likes she just will not eat.
THE ROOMS: There are larger units and small studios apartments. The place says very full and I was fortunate to be able to rent the last available apartment. My mom's is a little studio but she is thrilled to be there and not in nursing care!
ASSISTANCE: My mother needs medication management, dressing and bathing help. I feel very fortunate that she really likes her assistant. They get her up, dressed and out to breakfast to be with other people. My mom has just blossomed here because she was really isolated living in her own home before her stroke. She has made friends and I have just recently met some of them. Just a lovely group of ladies that bring her into the conversation and encourage her to join in some of the activities.
Take a look at this property but BEWARE, not all Brookdale properties are this good. Each property is a separate business and the staff and services vary widely. One of the other places I toured was a Brookdale and that was the terribly limited and unhealthy choice dining.

Very pleased with the facility two weeks in...

I came out from the East coast when my mother had a stroke. I needed to find a place where she could get some assistance after her rehabilitation. I must say that I was very pleasantly surprised at the warm reception I got from Sue, Marion and Karen when I inquired. They evaluated my mother and felt she would benefit from living there. It has been only two weeks but my mom is settling in and seems not to miss taking care of all the chores she used to do at her own home.

The care is 100% better than the previous facility

Brookdale Marysville has done really well at everything. They could use a back up generator. The power went out recently and the elevators quit working. So that was hard to deal with for the residents. Really that is the only thing I would make mention of here. Everything else is going really well. The care is 100% better than the previous facility he was at.

really happy with Brookdale Marysville

I am really happy with Brookdale Marysville. The care here is just amazing. They respond very quickly when needed. Mom likes and trusts the staff and we do too. We are there a lot so we have really have gotten to know everyone. The staff are very open and willing to listen. They are real friendly and visible. It is very clean at the facility. They keep mom clean too. I honestly could not be happier. The staff that runs the place is great. he residents are real welcoming. I would certainly recommend this place to anyone!

The care we've gotten is very good. It's a very nice place and my mom feels at home.
The food is good there. They do have a lot of activities that I see going on when I visit. From the time we walked in, everything was very comfortable. It wasn't so modern that my mother wouldn't associate with it..it works with her. It feels like home for her. I have been very happy so far and they've been very accommodating.

Very nice facility. Friendl...

Very nice facility. Friendly staff, warm, 'home-sweet-home' kind of atmosphere. I liked it a lot!

There are no decks or patios. My hus...

There are no decks or patios. My husband would not likely want to go out to smoke in the 'smoke shack.'

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment everyday. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at a Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®