Brookdale Manassas - Manassas, VA

I did not have a pleasant experience here. The place was older and many spots in need of repair. It did not smell good. The tour guide and some of the staff did not seem very friendly to the residents. One person was joking with the residents in a not-very-nice manner, and one resident did not seem pleased about it. The prices are good for the Northern Virginia area, but you get what you pay for, especially with regard to the food.

When we arrived we were greeted by the Concierge and a member of the staff who were both expecting us and greeted us by name. Our tour guide was on the phone so they made sure we were comfortable and asked if we needed anything. While we were waiting, the Executive Director came by and introduced herself. She gave us some brief information on the community while we were waiting for [name removed] to join us. [name removed] did an excellent job in asking questions to get to know my mother and was very clear in her explanation of services. we then took a tour of the different types of units they have available and they were all very nice. The community was clean and all of the staff we encountered were very friendly and accommodating. The community itself seemed a little older, but very well cared for and clean. We were there around lunch time and enjoyed having lunch. I don't feel I can comment on the food because we had sandwiches, but the menu sounded very good and the food looked wonderful. We also had the opportunity to meet a few of the residents, all of whom seemed happy to be there and enjoying themselves. Overall, this was a very nice community and I felt the staff and the residents helped make it that way.

Beautiful facility, [Name removed] was a dream!!! Very welcoming and the rooms were amazing!

I had a fabulous tour at Brookdale this morning! Everyone I met, both Staff and the residents were very kind and engaging people. The facility was bright and clean. Some residents were out in the community and others lingered in the dining room. As I was leaving, two musicians were beginning to entertain for the lunch hour.
[Removed]was just terrific and made me feel welcome.

Nice facility, [Removed] gave me a wealth of information to consider for both respite and longer-term care. Staff engaged with residents, apartments were very clean and have a lot of natural light. Dining room is open and residents were engaged with others during the breakfast hour.

Positive changes in this place since 2 years ago. More services. More reasonable pricing. Still Expensive, though. Not for a small budget.

Love One Is Well

So far from what I have heard from my sister's best friend, she is doing well in this community. The staff that I have spoken too have been kind, and helpful. She is safe, and in good hands overall. Everything is working out well.

A community for care

We toured this community for the care of my father. The staff was nice and we liked that the community is new and a nice environment for care.We would suggest that families tour this community for the care of a loved one

Care and concern

We were not very happy with the assistance that we received from this community. They are nice, but they seem to be very slow at responding to her needing help. The staff at times take too long. The staff does not help her with ordering her meals at meal time.This community is clean. They offer her to do activities, but she is not active. We have concerns on the increasing the amount financially for the cost of her care. We would suggest that other families tour this community for the care and the value to make sure that they are getting what they are paying for.

Visited about 1 pm. Very active community when I was sitting in the waiting area. Residents on the piano, in wheelchairs around the fireplace, and walking around singing with the pianist. Friendly interaction among staff and residents. Residents apartments more acceptable size. Not as fancy of a resident calendar, but many of the same activities as most of the assisted living.

[Removed] probably wouldn't give this place 2 stars. Considering the cost, if I was going to go through the trouble of selling a house and getting rid of everything, I'd do it only if I was going to move into The Tribute. This place didn't have nearly the comfort level that I saw immediately at the Tribute. I give it this rating because we received a very thoughtful fruit basket as we left and our guide, [Removed], did offer us lunch.

Over the top staff!!

It took some time for my grandmother to get adjusted to the community. The place is great and she has nothing but positive to say about it. The staff is amazing. They know her by name. The meals are great, we ate with her and met the chef. He seemed very involved and makes the residents separate food if they don't like what is on the menu. The apartment she is in is comfortable, she has a living room and kitchen separate from her bedroom.

This community is a good value.

The staff at Brookdale treat mom well. They offer daily activities and mom seems to like the food. They keep the community clean and moms room is nice. They have an open foyer with a piano. I would recommend this community.

I love it!

No one can get a 5 in my book unless they are super spectacular however, this was close. The staff was wonderful and super nice to us. It was a smaller community and the bulk of the activities where held in the main entrance of the community. This is where I wanted mom to go, but she makes the decisions.

A Good Place, My Tour Was Nice

My tour of this community went well. It is a nice community, everything appeared to be well maintained. The staff that I came across was kind and friendly. They were informative, my questions were answered. It was a nice tour, but not the place for my mother and her needs. It is a good place for someone to live.

Caring staff

Brookdale is a nice clean facility and it seems to be well maintained. It does have a warm and inviting atmosphere when you walk in. The staff is caring and friendly. The residents seem well taken care of and content. The food could be a little better, but other than that this seems like a decent place.

Review of Brookdale Manassas - Manassas, VA

Nice residents and lovely staff but the building itself and the rooms were very run down and in desperate need of a makeover.

So far we are pretty happy with it.

So far so good. I enjoy working with the staff they have been friendly and responsive. He likes the food, and enjoys the dining set up with 4 other people at the table. So far we are pretty happy with it. It's still pretty new to us, but so far I can't really think of much I would like to see improved or changed.

Very nice place!

Overall we're pleased with how things have turned out at Brookdale Manassas! It's a nice looking, clean, well kept facility, and I think they take good care of the people who live here. The aides and various care staff all do a wonderful job! My one complaint would be that I think the sales staff fluff up what the facility provides a little. The food hasn't been quite as good as the sample meal they served us, and the "help" they said they would provide getting signed up for veteran's benefits was actually just them referring us to another service. It's a very nice place overall, and definitely worth a look!

Nice place overall

Overall our experience with Brookdale Manassas has been a good one. The facility is clean and well kept, and the staff are friendly and have been very responsive to my communications. The one complaint I have is that response times to requests from the residents can be very slow. Sometimes it can be 30 or 40 minutes before someone shows up when my loved one calls for assistance. We've brought this up, and they say it is something they're working on.

Met with Jessica, Activity Director. Lots of energy & enthusiasm. Very caring with the residents. 2 levels w/ about 60 rooms. Nice little backyard w/ chairs, picnic tables & grill. Hair dresser & manicurist on site. Call buttons for help. Laundry.

Review of Emeritus at Manassas Assisted Living in Manassas, VA

Facility was nice. Appreciate receiving the information packet. Facility not able to accommodate mom's needs now that she's been diagnosed with limited vision. Didn't tour patients rooms.

Looked like a very nice place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This was a very nice looking place, the staff all seemed very friendly, and the community was clean and well kept. This was one of our favorites that we toured, and would have been our second choice.

Since this was my first Ass...

Since this was my first Assisted Living Tour, I wasn't sure what to expect & maybe I was expecting too much. Emeritus of Manassas was relatively clean but very old looking inside. The lighting in the Public Restroom off the First Floor Lobby was poor, floor was dark color which made the room even darker, and not very clean considering the bacteria and virus the elderly can contract. The 1 Bedroom rooms I toured were very small, kitchenette counter tops were chipped, bathroom vanities worn and reminded me of a low-budget motel room. I was told these rooms were 'no where near rent ready'. I understand it costs money to renovate the rooms, but this is where my Mother will be living and her 25 year old townhouse is in better condition. I will NOT be moving my Mother there.

Organization in Need of Accountable Day to Day Management

What you see in the interview is not what you realize after you move in. The room was not prepared fully until a week after move in. The residents have pendants to page for help. Many times no one shows up for the page, multiple instances of this. Weekend staff do not know what to do if there are facility problems in a room. Many of the new residents have never had an indoctrination meeting that explains how the facility works or how you get support. Food quality is unpredictable, some food has so much salt that it is not edible. There doesn't appear to be any resident management, supposedly sent to "fix" another Emeritus facility. They have physical therapy but sometimes they don't realize the limitations of the resident. To summarize my mothers experience thus far, disappointed, confused and has found no one accountable to fix issues brought up by residents. The activities are very good.

Stairs could have been a problem

This was nice and it was newer than Amerisist, a little brighter. The problem I had with them was with my mom, it had two floors with stairs and that was a concern.

Emeritus - Solid, but stay involved

Emeritus' strength lies with its people - wonderfully kind, friendly and helpful. That doesn't, however, excuse you from staying on top of things to make sure things happen as they should. While everyone has a smile, offers to help, is attentive and clearly cares, you do have to be involved by making sure you understand who is doing what, what is being done, how it's being done, whether it's being done in a timely manner, etc. I'm guessing this is true of every and any facility, but most of us enter these facilities without prior experience, so it's easy to make assumptions that the right hand always knows what the left hand is doing. Get to know the caregivers, be friendly and appreciative back, but ask questions and make sure you are involved in the process, and you'll have a good experience.

So far so good!

He's only been there a week but at the moment they're getting high marks from us. The staff seems very pleasant, easy to work work, the facility itself is beautiful, very, very nice grounds. He has been encouraged to participate in activities, whether or not he will do them is another story, but that's just his personality. We really liked the garden style and the foyer being the center of activity whether he was on the first floor or second floor, regardless of whether he left his room or not he would still be able to hear what was going on.

This location was also exce...

This location was also excellent. I like the idea of sister facilities. I was told that if accessments in Va was done here I/my father would not have to be re-accessed in CA. very clean structure facilty activities all day. lookin for share suites very much in my fathers price range. I am waiting until next month to visit sister facilities in CA before decesitons are made

This was the favorite of th...

This was the favorite of the communities we visited. Staff was friendly, appeared to be a lot of activities going on and a lot of interaction between residents. Cost is considerably higher for Levels of Care than other two facilites we visited. Rooms were good size.

The Emeritus at Manassas has everythi...

The Emeritus at Manassas has everything! The Staff are all friendly, competent, and professional in the performance of their duties. The facility itself is clean, well maintained and spacious. The residents I spoke with were all extremely happy living there. All my questions were answered extremely well by Casey, leaving nothing to do except having my family visit the facility to see what I saw today. The Emeritus at Manassas is definately my first choice as a home for my Mom.

Nice facility, caring staff. If we n...

Nice facility, caring staff. If we need assisted living (rather than independent) this is my first choice.

I like what I saw there, they can acc...

I like what I saw there, they can accomadate my parents with two bedrooms a pantry and space for a living area and a more spacious bathroom.

Relations Coordinator met us on time ...

Relations Coordinator met us on time for our appointment. The facility was clean, bright, and festive. We visited and discussed my mom's situation. She was very friendly and knowledgeable. After the tour of the facility, she talked with us again and answered ALL of our questions. My main concern was what happens to my Mom when her condition worsens. Director explained that every measure would be taken to keep my Mom at Emeritus. They work with Manassas Rehab and the Rehab on site. We were so pleased with Emeritus, that we placed a refundable deposit with them to be placed on the wait list. My Mom is able to live at home, but it is comforting to know that we found an Assisted Living Home for my Mom.

We were able to take a tour of this f...

We were able to take a tour of this facility and we liked it the best so far.

Assisted Living facility. Transporta...

Assisted Living facility. Transportation available to doctor.

Conveniently located. 1st flr Studio ...

Conveniently located. 1st flr Studio available. Has some furniture. Home-like feel. Bright. They were repainting and installing new carpet during my tour. Walk-in shower/no step. All inclusive except phone and additional incontinence products. Full PT/OT-Genesis. Landscape fairly open.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.