Lexington Place - West Columbia, SC

A wonderful place for my Mom.

My Mom moved into this property and immediately felt at home. All of the staff are extremely attentive and professional.

I highly recommend Lexington Place as a place for your loved one.

The interior was very nice and the staff was very nice and cordial. This is a place that we would consider if we have a future need for it

Very nice! Really appreciated that the staff stopped what they were doing to introduce themselves to my mom & I. Felt very welcoming. Great location.

Options for care

We toured this community for the care for my mom. We were happy with the staff who were able to answer the questions we had. The community was clean and the menu was appealing. We wanted a community that was able to work with our financial needs. We would recommend that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Seems to Have Adjusted Well

My father seems to be doing pretty well since his move to this community. He seems to be enjoying it so far, and I'am satisfied with his move here. I have not had any problems with the staff. They have been friendly and polite. My father isn't into activities very much, but they do have some offered for the residents. He says there is some room for improvement in the meal area. Overall he is doing pretty well at this community, and I would recommend it.

Nice Tour, Good Community

This is a nice community, and my tour went very well. Everyone was very friendly and kind. The community looked nice. From what I saw everything looked nice and well-kept. The staff was nice and friendly as well. It was a nice experience, and they treated my family and I very well.

Communication between the staff and residents seems lacking!

When my loved one moved in we were told that her medication was taken care of and we have had numerous issues with her receiving her medication. She was able to move into a larger room that had a handicap accessible shower. The food is ok, however they do have it brought in and then it is heated up. I would not recommend Brookdale as they have issues with bugs and you are not always able to find a staff member.

Great Facility and Staff

Great facility & excellent staff. They go beyond what is expected to make my mother feel welcome and like she is at home. When the time came that Mom was unable to continue living independently, she told us that she had heard good things about Brookdale- Lexington/West Columbia & had a friend who is currently living there & was very happy.
Mom has been at Brookdale-Lexington/West Columbia for 3 weeks now and we are not disappointed- she seems to be making the transition about as well as can be expected.

Good Tour

My tour of this community was nice, I enjoyed it. It was nice and clean. The staff was kind and helpful. Everyone was very welcoming. They offer nice activities and good food. Overall this is good community with friendly people.

Good Team Of Staff

My mom is doing okay. She is still get comfortable with the place. There are a few activities she participates in like choir, and sing-a-longs. The staff have been more than helpful and accommodating to the needs of my mom. They are doing their best to make her feel comfortable. I knew this was a good place the minute I walked in.

The first tour was good and all follow up was pleasant and consent.
The home is clean and all personal is very welcoming.

Brookdale Review

I was very impressed with this place. It had things that were very surprising to me, such as the way it was run. IT did not have the smell that most homes have. It was very clean and the way the hired help was always busy cleaning or doing things for the people that live there. The rooms were a good size for a person to live in. They have activities for the residence to join in. The cost was very reasonable.

Very nice place!

My loved one was only here a short time, but overall I was very impressed by Brookdale Lexington! The staff here is wonderful, everyone I met from the administrator down to the care staff was as friendly as could be. They're also very attentive, and do a great job looking after the residents. The facility is clean and well kept, and they had a lot of great activities. The food was good as well, although they could really use a little more variety, you see a lot of repeat dishes. It's a very nice place overall!

After visiting several assured living communities in our area, Brookdale is where my dad wanted to be. The staff has been awesome in all of our dealings with them and their attention to my dad who is 92 has been a blessing to watch. We will be moving my dad in this week and he is very excited about this transition. That can only be attributed to the care, friendliness and support shown to him by the Brookdale staff.

I like them, I think they are doing a pretty good job overall.

I like them, I think they are doing a pretty good job overall. It's nice and clean, and the staff is friendly. The food could be a little better in quality. When they have fresh ingredients the meals seem good, but they do tend to get a lot of frozen or canned and processed foods, that aren't as great. I felt like the price was pretty comparable to the other places I looked at.

mostly good

Some of the staff at Emeritus at Lexington Gardens (now Brookdale) has been really good. However, mother at one point got away from them and was unsupervised for too long during which time she had a fall and got injured. I was not too happy about that, but things have gone well since that incident.

Our father has been in this facility for 10 weeks, I haven't heard from any of the upper staff about an orientation, we still haven't been billed for cost of care fees. I had to literally go to the facility to meet the one nurse on staff, and she didn't actually introduce herself. My dad now mas a stage II pressure ulcer on his backside [removed]. The med techs say they have been alerting upper management for a week, but no one addressed the issue. My dad is miserable, and now he has a serious sore [removed]. You hear about these places, where the staff is apathetic and the residents are despondent, you just never like to think you unwittingly put your parent in one. Avoid this place if your parent or loved one needs any medical care. these people don't know what they're doing.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We would like to connect with you to discuss your concerns. Please send us an email familyconnection[at]brookdale[dot][com] so we can discuss with you further.

My loved one is staying at this facility and it is great. The have many activities to do. The staff are nice and caring and definitely supportive. I am happy that we have picked this place. The cost is really reasonable for what you are getting.

Very nice facility

This is a great facility for the price. The building is well maintained and looks like an upscale hotel rather than an assisted living facility. However my mother does seem bored a lot of the time and I haven't seen very many activities other than Bingo or getting their nails done. I also think the rent is a little high considering the amount of space she has and that she needs no hands on care. The staff is super friendly, they know us by name and they really seem to care and most importantly, they do not have a a high turner over of employees.

Good experience

I’m satisfied and happy Emeritus. I would recommend it to people. It’s my first time. I thought I would have problems with being homesick, but it’s been a really good experience so far. I recommend it if it’s a service that would be helpful to you.

Toured today. Very nice fac...

Toured today. Very nice facility, grounds are beautiful. Rooms are only studios though and don't seem like it would be the right arrangement for my parents. I think that they would prefer at least a one bedroom.

It's very clean, they are very friend...

It's very clean, they are very friendly. When we were there the activities director was out on leave, so we didn't really see much of the activities. We only had a short stay. The food would be a four. The staff members are the reason we chose Emeritus, from the first time we walked in they just felt like family.

I did not give the staff mu...

I did not give the staff much prior notice of my visit, so I do not feel anything was staged. I was pleased with the facility and the pricing structure.

Mixed Experience

My mom was there only a total of eight days. She finally had to leave because she fell trying to get up and go to the bathroom and broke her neck. I don't think it was negligence from the staff; she had a pendant around her neck and couldn't remember to tell them when she had to get up. After that, they wouldn't take her back because they said that she needed more care than they could handle. Before we left though, there was a whole bunch of changes. A lot of people left and the director went out on a leave of absence. My mom's roommate was a level 5, which is the highest level of care, and all of the sudden she was gone. I don't know what the changes were, but people just seemed to leave.

We are very happy and they are very c...

We are very happy and they are very caring.

Real good place

The best I can tell its real good, momma says it's the best there is. Shes where she considers that home right now and as long as we have enough money to keep her there we will but if money runs out well have to go someplace else.
We liked the fact that momma doesnt have far to go, she kind of stumbles when she walks. Jennifer, the lady who talked to us, shes excellent, aint got no problems with that, they need to give her an atta girl! She talks to me when I go in and shee her and she talks to momma, shes good.

We weren't there very long

We only had her there for three weeks, it was very clean, they were very friendly, she really didn't have a lot of services because she wasn't there for very long. She had what we though was minor onset of dementia but had a series of brain strokes and went to the hospital. But Lexington Gardens was good, they went to walmart and stuff like that like twice a week and they had a pastor come in once a week. I did look at other places but the price was right there and it was close to our house.

Would chose them again!

They're very friendly, the common areas are very clean, it's my uncle and I have not been down there since he moved in but I think things must be going pretty well and the staff must be pretty good because he's not complaining. They are transporting him to and from the VA which is critical for him, they are helping him with his medications, keeping him on his medications and supervising him taking them. My first impressions of the place were very positive, I was really impressed when we visited and asked the questions, with tthe proficiency of the staff and the cleanliness of the place. i have no reservations or hesistations about him being there. If I had to do it all over again or had other relatives that needed to go somewhere I would pick Lexington again.

Visited last week two times...

Visited last week two times. This was one I felt compelled to have my family visit. I was immediately greeted upon entry both times. Staff members show a lot of care and genuine concern with the patients. A tour was conducted both times. Two floors nice veranda area.

Very interested. Want to move in.

Very interested. Want to move in.

We are most likely going to place our...

We are most likely going to place our Mom at Lexington Gardens.

I visited yesterday, and although the...

I visited yesterday, and although the visit started off poorly (no one at the desk, phone ringing unanswered, buzzer going off at desk, residents request that the phone be answered ignored by a passing employee, etc.), after I waited for about ten minutes, I was received by a staff member and escorted for a nice visit. It's a clean, attractive, and likeable facility.

WELCOME to Lexington Gardens, where our goal is to give you more time to pursue those activities you love. The atmosphere is warm and relaxed and ambiance embraces the uniqueness of the local culture.

At Lexington Gardens Assisted Living Community, our month-to-month rent, without buy-in fees or long-term leases, allows you the freedom to choose where you live today as well as in the future. Assisted living at Lexington Gardens is designed for senior adults who wish to maintain their independent lifestyle but may need some additional assistance to do so.

Lexington Gardens offers a wide variety of services and amenities. Our on-site Resident Care Team sees to residents' needs and provides care and assistance 24 hours a day. Our apartments are designed for your comfort and convenience. Each apartment features wall-to-wall carpet, individual climate control, and an emergency call system.

At Lexington Gardens you can enjoy the privacy of your own apartment within a community of care and support.