Brookdale Vacaville Leisure Town - Vacaville, CA

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment everyday. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®

It feels like home

I chose this community because I have an Aunt who lives here I have had previous knowledge and really like the community. Also, the homes around the facility are 55+ so there are no children running around and it’s not a busy area. It feels like the country but it’s close to the city and has all of the amenities. The staff is very kind here; when you’re walking down the hall staff will actually come up to you and talk with you. They even ask you if anything is wrong or if you have any complaints. If there is anything wrong, they fix the issue right away and they’re very appreciative in helping. Instead of just talking with the front desk staff, they have management come to your room and speak with you. The staff is very compassionate and friendly. When I was moving my Father in, [Removed]the bookkeeper told me I could eat with him and he wouldn’t be charged for it. They also told me if we needed help hanging the pictures they would send in a work order and the facility maintenance would be up to his apartment the next morning. I really loved that because it was less of a hassle for me, I didn’t have to get a hammer and nails and drag them up to his room. The other thing I really like is he has a button for the staff. If he needs help with anything or even if he falls he just has to click the button and the staff is there for him. He feels so much more secure being here than being in his big home. He can still have this independent private lifestyle but also know that there is someone always around for him. My Father also has a key to the doors so if he comes back after hours, he can still get back in. When he leaves all he has to do is leave his name, room number, and the time. They just want to know who is in the facility in case there is an emergency. The rooms are unfurnished but I think it’s a good thing because I can make it feel more like home for him. He can bring in his favorite chair and bring in his art. There is someone who comes in once a week named [Removed] who sweeps the floor and gets everything picked up. Every Wednesday you can put your laundry in the hall and it will be returned later that afternoon. There’s a kitchen with a 2 burner stove and full sized refrigerator but does not include an oven or microwave. There’s plenty of kitchen storage, bedroom storage, and even has a balcony. As for the facility, it is very clean and when you walk in it feels like home. There’s not dust lingering around and no messes on the floor. There’s a beautiful courtyard with a huge veranda on one side and big beautiful trees along the walking path. As for the food my Father thinks that sometimes the portions are a little on the smaller side but he can always ask for a second portion. The dining room is open from 7 AM to 7 PM. They serve 3 meals a day and offer plenty of substitutions if you do not like what they are offering. At any point during the day, they have snacks available like fruit, baked goods, coffee, tea, and water. For activities that have a bunch of things like pool tables, bingo, card games, puzzles, music and wine, big Sunday brunches, and dance nights. There is a bus that can take you to doctor appointments, Walmart, the mall, or the bank. Also, once a month they will take you to the casino or a restaurant. I would highly recommend this facility.

Had a Loved One Here Before

After telling my friend about all the wonderful features that this community offered I had convinced her to go and tour the community and she is glad she did. She loves living in her apartment she can come and go as she chooses. She is going down to the dining area to eat dinner and she is slowly starting to socialize and make friends she does once and while play being.o. The staff is wonderful very nice and try to encourage residents to get involved

A homey feeling community!!

The staff seem to be good. The food is very good and my mother in law is happy with it. They offer a variety of activities. The rooms are nice and they all open onto patios. The community is clean and I would recommend it.

A Big Weight Off Our Shoulders, We Love This Place

My mother in law is doing very well at this community and we are very pleased. They have really taken a big weight off our shoulders. She is happy and has adjusted very well to the community. They are doing some remolding right now, but we saw it before they started, and they keep the community very nice and clean. She has tried some new activities, and there are many for her to choose from. She likes the food, they do serve well balanced meals. They are caring for her very well and I would recommend it.

It is pretty good there. They need a little upgrading. It could be a little cleaner and the lighting in the hallway is not good. It can be a hazard.

Well I think the staff was very professional and supportive.

Dusgusted

Corporate is awful.The company is all about the money and gives no mind to the employees who are the people that actually keep this company running.Over worked underpaid employees, less staffing hours less care for residents.Disgusting and corporate should be ashamed!

My dad loves it, he is so excited about the place.

My dad loves it, he is so excited about the place. The staff is excellent. There are lots of activities he went on his first outing already. He is making friends and he likes the food. It is working out great!

Happy Move to Emeritus at Leisure Town

My experience with SeniorAdvisor were great from my first contact with her. She kept in frequent contact to see how my search for a new home for my 91 year old mother was going. I was looking for a place in Vacaville where my mother had lived in a mobile home for the past 42 years.
Vacaville was an important factor because my mother's twin sister also lives in Vacaville and they are very close with the exception of both of them living in the same home. It doesn't take too long for sparks to fly when they are living together. Tonight is my mother's first night in her new Emeritus at Leisure Town one bedroom apartment. She is happy to be able to keep her Lhasa Apso dog.

A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE

The very first time I walked into this place I knew I wanted to live here. The residents very very friendly and made me feel right at home. The Apartment that was available for me was very spacious and it even has its own little fenced in little patio. The activities are numerous and just the right number and variety for me.

My loved one really hasn't participat...

My loved one really hasn't participated in any activities yet, but I do know that they offer them. The food is okay - I would rate it a 4. I don't really know how they could improve that. I think that they could maybe improve their communication with the family, especially for those that live out of state. Also, a suggestion I have would be to give the family more of a heads up when they run out of supplies. That way, the family has more time to restock and bring them over. Other than that, they are all wonderfully nice! The caregivers are just great!

Very nice looking community

This was a very nice looking community, and the staff really impressed me when we were touring. They were amazingly communicative and helpful! We eventually narrowed our list down to 3 communities and let Mom pick the one that appealed to her most aesthetically, which didn't end up being this one. However, this place is definitely worth a look!

So Far, So Good

I don't know if we've spent enough time there yet, but so far, so good.

Of the ones we have seen in Vacaville...

Of the ones we have seen in Vacaville, Merrill Gardens best fits our needs.

Contacted them & have talk to Mom abo...

Contacted them & have talk to Mom about a 1 day visit. She will not agree to a staycation yet but baby steps. We will get there.