Florence Place - Florence, SC

This facility surprised me. It was a very nice home. Talked to lots of residences and staff. All were happy and enjoyed living or working there. This home is a little cheaper than mb estates. They also use elderlife financial. It’s going to be hard to make a decision.

Kind Tour, But Cleanliness Needs Improvement

We toured this community for my father in law, and his needs. The tour went well. Everyone was kind to my family, and I. The staff was kind, and helpful. The only thing I was not impressed with was the cleanliness of the community. Everyone was kind, but we did find another community that met our needs better.

We liked the fact that everyone had their own apartment. The staff was caring and interested in the residents-so many activities. I liked the Christian/spiritual opportunities. I was concerned about the stairs.

Mother's In Good Care

I like this community for the care that my mother is received. The staff are very patient and caring to the residents. The menu is appealing and she seems to be happy with the variety. They offer her activities that she enjoys from time to time. We would recommend the care and the value of this community to other families for the great care and value that is received here at this nice community.

Love, compassion, and safety!

My sister and I visited numerous facilities in Florence and Columbia. This was one of the most difficult decisions we have ever had to make. We really liked Brookdale but for financial reason had decided to use another facility in Florence. Before we placed Mom we couldn't get them to return our calls when we had questions. This made us very uncomfortable. We decided to call Brookdale and see if they still had room and how soon we could get Mom's room ready. [removed]called me back in 20 minutes on a Sunday. She and all of the administration worked with us making move in as painless and as fast as possible. We are so grateful for their patience and support.
Mom is in the memory care unit at Brookdale. All of the staff are so wonderful with the ladies. They treat them with respect and most important they show them love.
Dena keeps them busy, she is awesome! If I needed placement that is where I'd want my family to put me!

We love it here!

We absolutely love this community. My dad had really gone down hill and was not walking when he arrived here. Thanks to the staff and there help my dad is dancing and has become involved with all the activities. We are very pleased with everything that has happened in such a short time.

Review

I did not have a problem with the staff but one thing that I was upset with was that my grandmother was in the front with her robe and hair cap on with zero oxygen and they told me that she kelp pushing the call button that was around her neck. So they just kept her up front.
I did addressed that concern but that was it. They way they go about things I did not like. My grandmother said she was treated completely wrong and they talk to her any kind of way. Ashley was the only one she loved that treated her nicely. We moved her to another assistant living and she been there for about 3 week and she loves it there. My grandmother is over 90 years old and she was very upset living there the first week.

My Friend Is Doing Well at this Community

My friend is doing well at this community. They are taking good care of her and her needs. She is doing very well, and everything is working out very well. The community is well maintained. Everything is neat and tidy. The staff is very helpful and attentive. I know she is safe and being cared for well at this community.

We are very happy with Brookdale in Florence. Very clean, very friendly and genuinely seem to care about my mother.

Nice place, and friendly people!

Our experience with Brookdale Florence has been a very good one, overall! The facility is clean and well maintained, and they do a great job with the food! The staff is friendly and caring, and they do a great job looking out for the people who live here.

friendliness of the staff is a 10

Emeritus at Laurel Gardens is in the remodel. The friendliness of the staff is a 10. Not long after my mother got there everyone was calling her by name. It was very impressive. No matter where I went in the facility, they all knew her by name. They have activities geared for the memory care residents, which I really appreciate. I felt like we got a lot of attention here. I am really pleased overall with this facility.

Everything has gone really well

Everything has gone really well at Emeritus at Laurel Gardens. The staff at this facility are very nice and helped me understand how everything would work before he even moved in. That really helped us make the decision to place him here.

So far everything seems to be going well.

So far everything seems to be going well. I haven't heard any complaints about food or anything. I think everyone is pretty happy with it so far. The care seems to be pretty good.

Doing a good job

I think they're doing a great job overall at Brookdale Florence. It is a nice looking place, and they take good care of the people who live here. My loved one can be a real tough customer, and they've really gone above and beyond trying to help him, they've been very accommodating. We're very pleased with the service and care.

Lots of restaurants around

Everything is really good so far. The community is very well located for our loved one it is a little far from our family but for the stuff he likes to do it is convenient. There is plenty of restaurants in the area so he can go eat with others or just order in. The staff is also very friendly. Overall we are pleased with Emeritus.