Brookdale Queensbury - Queensbury, NY

Was a strong possibility. Very nice but not the best fit.

Great facility

A positive experience!!

I live in another state but based on the reports I am receiving from family and friends, things seem to be going well for my mother. She is happy and comfortable. She is participating in activities which she refused in her prior community. My mother has gained some weight since living here and especially likes the desserts provided.

Improving Each Day

My father is doing well here at this community. I know he is safe and being cared for very well. He is improving each other. The staff tells me anything that happens, their communication is great. They are providing him with good care. It has been a good experience, and I would recommend this community.

Better Care

The staff here is nice. They could use alittle more training in a few areas. They did not have activities that were available to help keep my mom active. The community was very clean. We did like the food that was served with a good variety. I would recommend this community only if others were more independent.

A Visit Of The Community

The tour I had went fine for me. I was able to get all the information about the community. It seemed nice and clean. The people were good too. Overall, I thought it wasn't as good.

Not as clean as to be expected, should have more activites, need better housekeeping.

What I loved most, she could take her little dog with her.

We weren't here very long, the activities were never really something we explored. She complained about the food, but I have eaten there, and I thought it was great. I think the food would get a four. What I loved most about the place, was that she could take her little dog with her. That was so important.

I love it. I wish I could live there.

I love it. I wish I could live there. I think It's a great solution. It has been a good transition for my mother. The cleanliness, friendliness, and care services are excellent. The inside of the facility is very clean and nice. Everyone is very friendly. The staff is helpful. It has been a really good experience. I would absolutely recommend the Emeritus at Landing of Queensbury. It's a really nice community.

Nicest place we found in Upstate NY

Its just been a few months so its hard to say much. Its a lovely place, residents appear to be happy. Staff seems attentive to residents and there is plenty of help, aides, nurses, etc. Physical therapists come a few times a week. Lots of activities. Rooms are nice big airy with a small kitchenette (refrig, microwave, sink and cabinets) so residents can have snacks, cereal etc. There is room for small bed, table and chairs, dresser, nightstand and loveseat or chair or recliner. They can have a coffee pot as long as it shuts off automatically so they are not entirely dependent on going to meals, but are required to go to two a day to make sure they are eating. Beauty salon on site as well.

Safe and Comfortable

When our mom passed away last year, my siblings and I were faced with a dilemma. Dad wanted to remain at home, but the remote location made it difficult for him to do so safely. He soon complained of feeling isolated and became increasingly depressed. The harsh winter weather made it very difficult for him to leave the house, even to keep doctors' appointments. His health began to suffer and our distress increased. Finally, his condition reached a crisis point and he was hospitalized. Once he was released, he realized that he could not go home. Our search for temporary housing brought us to Emeritus at the Landing. Dad is well cared for by the dedicated staff. He takes his medication regularly and enjoys the special events and activities. He eats meals with his new friends, people who can empathize with him because they are in the same stage of life. We are happy that he is safe and comfortable.

Very happy

We're very happy with the facility and their staff. We were impressed by what we saw on the tour, and our loved one selected this facility for himself after seeing it in person.

I think they are doing a great job.

I think they are doing a great job. I don't have any concerns about how clean they keep it, or how attentive the staff is. I would like to see a little more socializing, but we loved the harpist they brought in. Richard who works there is a marvel.

Lovely faciliy but too expensive

Lovely faciliy but too expensive

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.