Brookdale South Lee Buford - Buford, GA

living at an Emeritus Senior Living community.

The sense of community is all around you when you become part of the Emeritus family. Through special
events, activities, clubs and ongoing cultural enrichment programs, we offer unlimited opportunities for you to get to know other residents and us. Call to set up an appointment for a tour because we delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

[Removed] was super and spent the time to show us around. This place is just the type of spot we want Mom to be in

Was very impressed. Staff friendly and very helpful.

Great Community, Highly Recommend

My mother in law is doing very well since her move to this community. It is a great facility, and we are pleased with her move here. We know she is safe, and in good hands. The staff is very good, they have been attentive, and very helpful. They provide good meals, and have nice activities available for the residents. When we come to visit the community, and her room are well-kept. It has been a lovely experience, and this is a community I would highly recommend.

Nice stay!

My loved one's stay at this Brookdale location is going fine! The facility is clean and the staff is very friendly. They are sure to cater to my loved one's needs and requests. After our experience with Brookdale, I would highly recommend them to a friend!

Thank you!

My dad was a resident at Brookdale for 2 years. The staff, techs, and [Removed] /LPN were amazing. My dad was very well cared for and loved by everyone at Brookdale. The staff treated him like family, always going the extra mile to help him. We were always on the same page when it came to his needs. It's hard visiting and leaving a love one at the end of a visit but I knew every time I left he was well cared for. Whenever dad was not feeling well, they would call me. I always felt connected. I know my dad was happy during his days at Brookdale. There are so many memories I cherish and a lot of the memories have the people at Brookdale in them. When dad passed some cried and some had tears in their eyes, they loved him. I received a phone call a week after dad passed from a [Removed], just to see how I was doing. I thank them for their endless HARD work and kindness that they provide!

A heartfelt Thank you to Brookdale South Lee Buford

To who it may concern,

I am writing to let you know how extremely pleased we are with the Brookdale at South Lee community. My mother arrived on Oct 13, 2016 to open arms and a loving welcome after enduring a horrific medical crisis for nearly 2 months. Her transition was difficult for her as she went from total independence to the inability to live on her own. As you can imagine this was equally hard and overwhelming on our family having no experience with such a situation.

Enter [Removed] from Brookdale South Lee! After touring several assisted living communities I walked away from my meeting with [Removed]feeling totally in control, beyond informed.[Removed] not only answered all of our questions, she offered input to things we didn't even know to ask about. Her warm personality and the level of confidence and expertise she conveyed made me certain that this was going to be "home " for my mom.

I need to commend the staff at Brookdale for their loving care during a difficult transition for my mother. They have helped us both to navigate this emotionally overwhelming new chapter in her life. You can't imagine how full my heart is and how much at ease my mind is when recently my mother referred to Brookdale as her home for the first time. I have watched as my mother has grown to love several staff members in particular,[Removed]. I have never met more gentle, caring and understanding people and I have them to thank for my mom's comfort level and acceptance in her new home. Words cannot begin to express my gratitude!

Most recently we were able to move my mom into a bigger room. We hit a glitch requiring her move to be delayed by two days. The staff, especially [Removed] went above and beyond the call of duty to happily rectify the situation in a timely manner. My mom is now settled in her new "suite" and could not be more pleased, as am I!

There are so many more people at Brookdale that deserve kudos for their wonderful, friendly attitudes and willingness to help in any way but as I am still learning everyone's name I cannot list them all. There is no place I would rather have caring for my mother and have and will continue to recommend the Brookdale South Lee community to others looking for a home for a family member.

I am truly grateful that this community is helping me to write this precious new chapter in my mom's life and so proud to call this her "home"!

I would recommend this community!!

Dad is doing very well at Brookdale. Other family members that have visited said they would live there. The community is kept spotless. He likes the food and has even gained some weight. They offer daily activities and the staff are good at motivating him to participate.

Chef [Removed] gave our tour and was an excellent guide. He knew all the residents by name and treated them like family. We were very impressed with this facility.

Come see my home!!!

Since I have moved in, I have felt like this is my home and I love it here. You will be treated like kings and queens. The people who work here are all kind and helpful. They wait on us hand and foot. The food is outstanding, always good and delicious. The security is great, you never have to worry about anything.
Every week we are taken by bus to Walmart to purchase personal things. It also gives us a chance to visit and see the outside world, which makes us realize what a great place we live in. We have a lot of different activities here. We play Bingo three times a week after the evening meal. We have live entertainment come in twice a week. Some of us get up and dance to the live music.
We also have light exercise everyday for those that want to participate. There are other things to do almost every day. We all wear a pendant around our neck if we ever need assistance or help of any kind all we have to do is press the button and the staff will respond immediately.
The room cleaning, laundry and everything is terrific here. I am 100% sure you will enjoy living here and I want to meet you all!

What a beautiful community! Rhannon was beyond my wildest dreams to assist us with pertinent information regarding this home and providing an awesome tour of it. I say home because "at home" is exactly how my husband and I felt all during our visit.
The atmosphere is welcoming and cheery from staff to residents. The hallways and living quarters are clean, bright, and almost "bed and breakfast" feel. I have chosen this place to be "home" for my mother when she is able to travel from Florida to Georgia to be here with me and would not hesitate to call this home for my husband and me should the need arise. I can't thank Brookdale South Lee enough for making this difficult decision one that I feel so good about now!

A Godsend

This community has been a godsend for my family and for my Mom. She has settled in so well. This is mainly due to the wonderful staff. Mom feels very content and cared for. The staff has been welcoming and attentive to her and her needs. She feels the affection and attention that they shower on her. She loves the food and feels the Chef fixes things just for her. Thanks for making this transition a less stressful experience!

A Special Place in our Hearts

Brookdale holds a special place in the hearts of my brothers and me. When the time arose for our parents to look at assisted living, the Brookdale South Lee facility in Buford, GA was the name most often mentioned. Not only was the facility convenient for the three of us, it also had everything our parents would need to comfortably make their transition. We scheduled to meet with the sales manager Rhannon, and immediately were impressed with her professionalism and care as well each of the other staff members. Would we recommend Brookdale South Lee Buford to other families looking for a solution to that next step in their parent’s lives? Absolutely!

Angels

Rhannon, Anne and Michelle and all the Brookdale South Lee Buford staff, I can't begin to express my gratitude to all the staff for the roles they played in my Dad's life the last seven months. I know all of you deal with so many families and different emotions that go along with caring for others' loved ones. No doubt, we were probably difficult at times! All of you continually displayed patience and understanding not only with my Dad, but with our entire family. I learned so much about the horrible disease that eventually lead him to his new home, but all of you made certain he went with peace and grace. I will miss seeing all of you and all the residents in Memory Care. Each of them have a way of bringing a smile to your face. Also, thank you for the beautiful peace plant that arrived at his service. It was a wonderful day celebrating his life. Again, I can't say Thank you enough for all the loving care you all gave my dad. My visits there will always be in my heart. All of you are angels!

Dad's new home

When I first knew I would have to place my father into an Assisted Living facility I was looking for a place to call home. I visited many places, some were expensive, and some were not homey. When I found Brookdale, on South Lee St. it was the day we moved in. I actually had visited the location in Hartwell, and when we said yes to moving they did not have room, but they said this location did. See, I wasn’t hesitant to not seeing the location, because it was the people. How they treated me, how they took the time to answer my questions, and I had many! They made me feel comfortable, and I knew that if I could be comfortable, than my dad could also. I can’t say enough of how helpful the staff is here. Always willing to answer a question, listen to my thoughts or just a friendly chat. Always a hello when I pass staff in the halls too! When I visit with my dad, he is always dressed, and taken care of. His room is neat and tidy also. I can’t say enough good things of Brookdale South Lee Street.

Very nice looking place, a little too much walking

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. They had very good sized apartments for the price, and the whole place was well decorated and had a very nice feel. Our main issue was that the room type we were interested in would have been a long walk to the dining room, which just wouldn't work for our loved one. We ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

The patient at Brookdale South Lee Buford was only there a short time. From what we saw everyone was really friendly. Everything went extremely well. There wasn't anything in that short time that I would say needed improving on.

Mom loves Brookdale and that makes the family very happy!

My mom moved in to Brookdale Assisted Living Feb 2015.
Mom moving from her home to this community was a confusing time for us all but the staff was so reassuring and loving that in no time mom was feeling part of the "FAMILY" There are many activities and always a knock on mom's door to remind and encourage her to get involved.
I love that when I walk into Brookdale to visit my mother the feeling is positive but best of all when I leave I have full confidence that she is loved and being cared for.

A godsend

Brookdale has been a terrific place for our mom to transition to. Everyone is caring, upbeat, attentive, and encouraging. Mom is thriving now, unlike at her previous location. We would definitely recommend this community to others. We are all very lucky to have found them.

Review of Brookdale South Lee Buford - Buford, GA

they worked very hard with us to get him place with them , even when others said no .He loves it there and is doing so much better it has just turn him around all for the better

excellent

I was there for the check-in process, which was excellent. They had prepared the room immaculately. The room really looked great. The pod system they have set up for the rooms works really well. They are very attentive to the needs of the residents as well as that of their families. It was a great experience and I would highly recommend Brookdale South Lee Buford.

Nice place for those with lower care needs

Our experience here overall was not a good one. The facility itself is nice enough, and the staff are friendly, but they just were not prepared to provide the amount of assistance my loved one needed. They weren't able to provide the degree of bathing and movement assistance that they claimed before we moved him in. The staff were very nice people and they obviously cared about him, but they just weren't equipped to handle the level of care he needed. I think this would be a nice place for someone with lower care needs, but I would advise double checking that they provide what your loved one needs.

I thought this place looked very nice

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this place looked very nice, and was definitely one that we were considering towards the end of our search! Everyone seemed very friendly, and it looked like they took great care of their residents.

Excellent place

They've been absolutely fantastic, I'd give them top marks across the board. We couldn't be happier. Rhannon and Anne were fantastic to work with, and made the whole transition as easy as possible. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to other families looking into options for their loved ones.

Spacious Space

Overall, the Emeritus at Lake Springs offers good services, friendly staff, great value and a large spacious space that was important to us. We looked at other places, but decided to go with Emeritus at Lake Springs and we are overall satisfied and happy with their services.

Liked the independent livin...

Liked the independent living cottages but found the clubhouse and assisted living areas only average. Former Chef Sam turned Activities Directors very nice young man, but needs more training in the tour guide area.

Great people with five star

The staffs are all doing great mostly one two people that are very nice and respectful. One of them is Maurine while the other one is a guy called Francis. This two great staffs are really holding this great community strong good and as for the other staffs, I will givethem one star. My mother has been in the memory care unit and this two people are really making her feel at home.

Personable and respectful staff

So far we've been very impressed with everything at Emeritus at Lake Springs. It took a bit for our loved one to settle in but they were very supportive during the whole process. They recently got a new executive director, she is very personable and has been making some great decisions regarding the staff. Everyone who works here has been friendly, professional, and respectful, and really made my loved one feel like family.

Very Nice Experience

We recently moved in and have been very please with our experience so far.

Very pleased. Still a #1 co...

Very pleased. Still a #1 consideration.

The staff would get a ten. They are really, really good.

The staff would get a ten. They are really, really good. Their activities are wonderful. They had a block party a few weeks ago, and it was so much fun. The food is pretty good too. I liked the independent cottages, and they were so affordable. When the weather is bad they will bring her meals, they do the housekeeping and keep up with the yard, and do the maintenance. She has a front yard and a small backyard. The cottages look like duplexes set up in a circle. The clubhouse where they all go is right in the middle so they all can walk to get their meals and activities. They bus them to stores and doctors. I just can't tell you how great it has been.

like the people, very activ...

like the people, very active, friendly, small intimate environment, homey feel, nice but does need some touch up work. Rooms are smallish - saw the 2 bedroom unit - only 475 sq ft. - the living room was my big concern - only room for the 2 chairs so if visitors came you'd have to go to the common area and they might not always be up for that. Meal choices were good. Cable/ph/wifi is another bill. Only 32 units in main building. They provide transportation up to 15 miles. 1250.00 move in fee. I mostly like the atmosphere - the feel of the common areas the wide hallways. Didn't feel like a nursing home but also didn't feel like a hotel either. Lots of residents kept their door open.

Small Place

They keep the place very clean, and the staff is friendly. I don't know too much about the events they have, but the activity board always looks like there's plent to do. One thing they could improve on would be their communication, and maybe initiating it rather than the families having to. It does seem like they take good care of the folks that are there. However, the place is pretty small and a little old. The courtyard is also very small, which is a downside.

Very friendly staff. Small number of...

Very friendly staff. Small number of adults in the memory care residence. Large rooms, and private bath for residence. Nicely decorated.

Nice community, but we had an issue here

My loved one was only here briefly in 2012 before we decided to move her out. This community looked very nice, and the staff seemed on top of things, but there was big mix up with our loved ones medication. They presented her with some medication to take, and she is still fully there mentally and said that it did not look right and she didn't think it was hers. It was not her medication, and she had a bad reaction to it. We decided to move her out after this incident.

Had a bad experience

I thought that overall this community was nice enough. The staff were all very friendly and they kept it clean and nice looking. However they always seemed understaffed to me, and I didn't feel quite at ease with my loved one being here. At one point she suffered a fall, and we were not notified until after the fact, even though we indicated we wanted to be contacted immediately in case of emergency.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Admi...

Staff was friendly and helpful. Admin was helpful and understanding. Mom felt comfortable and met new people quickly.

My dad had to go to the hospital for ...

My dad had to go to the hospital for heart issues and they had to put him on a feeding tube, because of that and the regulations they had he couldn't go back here. It was only 10 minutes from where I lived so we thought that would be great, it was nice, my parents had no problem with it, the people were friendly and they took good care of my dad. In late april they had this viral infection going around and they had this big quarantine but my parents got sick and I keep wondering if that's what caused their problems because of their weekend immune systems.

Director was informative and because ...

Director was informative and because I had toured before we didn't spend as much time on that part. this one does have the independent cottages.

Very good tour, friendly staff, good ...

Very good tour, friendly staff, good facilities, everyone welcoming. Would also consider this as first choice. Had two bedroom that fit needs.

I really liked Lake Springs. The dir...

I really liked Lake Springs. The director was so friendly. The enviroment was cozy. The residents really seemed like they enjoyed being there. I loved the fact that they showed me the Memory Care unit first. He didn't seem like he wanted to hide the unit, but was proud of it. I liked the fact that he has been there for 3 years and he really seemed to take an interest in the residents. I loved the fact that he offered to send ane email to my brothers showing them the facility, some of the activities and was trying to get them involved since they are not here.

Very nice. Residents active. Seems ...

Very nice. Residents active. Seems like a lot of "interim" people. Good options for rooms.

part of emeritus group like brookside...

part of emeritus group like brookside. nice.

part of emeritus group like brookside...

part of emeritus group like brookside. nice.

2 bedroom,e bath usually $3000/mo. C...

2 bedroom,e bath usually $3000/mo. Currently $1500 with increase in rent of 3/5/7% per yr. Or can put down $5000 and rent will never go up.

Nice people and a cozy place. Very da...

Nice people and a cozy place. Very dark and is under renovation.