Brookdale Lake Ridge - Woodbridge, VA

Stafff was friendly and caring. The facility was inviting and well kept. [Name removed] did an excellent job with the tour.

Friendly and very helpful in explaining and showing me what would be available and a good match for my mother in law.

Clean, residents were participating in an activity when I arrived. I felt like I was brushed off once I stated that we were looking for respite care. I asked for a tour and was handed off to the activities director, who was very pleasant. It is price prohibitive.

Mom is happy here

The staff is extremely individually attentive. They got to know my mom and how to deal with her in a way she responds to. It is a nice and clean. The food is Ok it's not gourmet but it does the job and if mom won't eat they make sure she has an ensure. They will engage her to join the daily activities. This is a good place if you are needing a higher level of care. I would recommend this community for someone who needs memory care or borderline.

Top choice!

I really like Brookdale Lake Ridge. It is close to my home, closer to my price range, and very nice. I will definably consider it when the time comes.

My New Home

I have been doing fine in my new community. I have not got involved in the activities they offer but I played bingo from time to time. I have very good lunches and the majority of the time it is good food. The staff are helpful and good people.

Brookdale Senior Life Solutions

Since moving here I've had time to meet lots of nice people. Mostly other residents. The management is bright and cheerful. My medical people are very knowledgeable,and my dietitian is cooperating with my strange heart, diabetic ,renal diets.

It's Been A Good Experience

My husband likes it here very much and the match is good for him. The staff are friendly and stay on top of things. I think he likes the food and has not complained, I think it is decent. I have not detected any smells and it is clean and the housekeeping do a good job. I would recommend this community to others.

Highly Recommended

We are very pleased with all the help we were given by the staff of Brookdale Lake Ridge. They guided us through the process starting with recommending the type of care my Dad needed to getting my Dad settled in. They are very responsive to any inquiries by email or phone. Very clean facility and friendly staff. Dad is always well groomed and taken care of.

The property is currently undergoing renovations. The appearance will be greatly improved when the renovations are completed.

Although the assisted living section of the facility seemed nice enough, I found the memory care unit dark (poorly lit) and depressing. All the residents were sitting out in a crowded lobby area without any specific activities going on for them. I could not leave my mother there.

The Staff Genuinely cares about the residents and family members

The staff was very friendly. The staff's interaction not only with residents but with family members is great. They kept me up to date. They are very good at working with the residents in coordination with the family to do everything they can to make sure that they are comfortable and well taken of care of it. All of the staff from the care giver's to the people who work in the kitchen to the manager, they all genuinely care about the residents and the family members of their residents.

It's a nice place, and everyone was friendly.

We had chosen to go here, but unfortunately we didn't get the chance. They were very helpful. I think she would have been very comfortable here. It's a nice place, and everyone was friendly.

No place like home, but....

No place is perfect, but Emeritus in Lake Ridge has been such a relief to our family. They have been so helpful in this difficult time, giving us support and info on caring for our loved one. The entire staff, from day one, has been nothing but friendly and helpful. Their interaction with all the residents is amazing. The menus are delicious and served resturant style. Their location is an added bonus for us.

Review of Emeritus at Lake Ridge Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Woodbridge, VA

Tour went well. Facility may be able to accommodate mom's needs. Second floor smelled like urine. Possibly from a patient or nearby room. Was able to witness an activity to see how staff interacted with patients.

Friendly and communicative staff!

Things have gone well at Emeritus at Lake Ridge so far. The staff are very friendly, and they've been very good in regards to communication with the families of their residents. They always call me if anything changes, which I really appreciate. One thing they could stand to do a bit better is clean the common areas more frequently, they often look in need of a vacuuming. The residents rooms are always kept very tidy, however.

After visiting many communities our f...

After visiting many communities our family choose this facility because of the number of caregivers to residences (was the best we could find in our area). Everyone was very helpful and wonderful to work with during the process. The staff have gone to great length to put my mind at ease for my love one.

I am so pleased with them.

I am so pleased with them. So far I am just tickled. They are awesome for helping come up with ways to help your loved one with memory. I feel that they really care for my mom.

Very good

Everything there has been very good. Their caregivers do a really good job. They do seem to have enough activities, even though my loved one doesn’t do a lot of activities. From the time we started dealing with us, they’ve just been very helpful. The staff has been outstanding. They work well with my wife when it comes to medications and things.

Healthy food. hint of incon...

Healthy food. hint of incontinence smell occasionally. smaller rooms (like most) maybe not for mom.

Concerned

My Dad is in the Rose Garden(Dementia) unit in the basement by the kitchen, which I don't like. The activities are very limited and I feel that it is understaffed for the amount of residents. Although, some of these residents are not able to do too much but they still need stimulation from time to time, not just sitting, day in and day out. He has fallen a couple of times and I feel that he is not properly looked after, especially for the amount of money that we pay. I complain to the managers all the time and they talk a good talk but little changes are made. I am really considering relocating him to another facility.

Older facility needs some renovations.

It's an older facility and it needs some work inside and outside, the parking lot is really bad. It need some renovations, the decor in the memory care unit is dark and there are no outside windows and it feels like a dungeon. Take the tour and ask a lot of questions, and try to see the actual areas that you will be using. It doesn't seem like they are putting a lot of thought into the food for the memory care section. There is a certain amount of accommodation though, based on the functionality of the resident.

I got a bad feeling

They were not good, I was not impressed. They just didn't seem like they had enough staff there, it was a weekend and the patients were all just kind of hanging out. I got a really uncomfortable feeling and I didn't like it

Nice

Nice

Options for both respite care and per...

Options for both respite care and permanent placement.

3meals? wkly housekeeping, free laund...

3meals? wkly housekeeping, free laundry. elevators?

Really like the facility - nice rooms...

Really like the facility - nice rooms. Care seemed to fit what parents need.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.