Brookdale New Port Richey - New Port Richey, FL

Major Improvement Over Last Place

My dad is doing as well as expected considering is medical issues. This community is a major improvement over where he was previously. We are quite pleased with the care he is now getting. The staff and residents did have to evacuate due to the hurricane but the staff had a well-organized plan and they kept in constant communication with the family to let us know how things were going. The staff overall is wonderful very nice and attentive. I really don't know if dad likes the food but I know he is eating so that is good.

Excellent Staff!!

My loved one has recently made the move into this community and so far we are very with how things have been going. I will say that I am impressed with how they handle high stress situations. They recently had a horrible hurricane and the staff did a great job with making sure everyone had what they needed and that it was still a calm environment.

We Moved In Very Quick and From Out of State

We were in a sticky situation and needed a quick move in for my mother-in-law. We picked this community and everything is going very well. She is definitely getting good care and being treated very well. My mother in likes seeing them go above and beyond for all the residents and seeing all the staff work together. I see them being caring and wonderful. For the
most part she eats good meals. They community is kept clean. However, I am not too happy with doctor services.

Options for mom

We toured this community for mom's care. The staff was very nice and able to answer the questions we had on the care that is offered. We did not see the menu of the meals. The community is clean and nice. The activities that they have would have been good for her to be able to try and join with the other residents. We would suggest a tour for other families for the care of a loved one.

A good respite stay

My loved one had a good experience during her respite stay at this Brookdale. The staff took good care of her and the food was good. This is a single floor quiet community. The community is nice, however it was a little more expensive than what we were looking for.

Too much has changed...

I had previously resided at this facility. It was just fine, up until I left. Too much had changed, so I felt like I needed to get out of there and find another facility. Overall, the facility is fairly okay.

Tough Adjustment, But Overall A Good Community

It was a rough adjustment process at first for my mother with her move to this community. We did think we were going to have to move her. However one day she called me, and said she moved into a bigger apartment. Since then everything has been working out well, she needed some time to adjust. The staff was great with trying to help her get use too the routine around the community. They have a great activities director. The community is nice, and well-kept when I visit. There has been issues with the food. She isn't that fond of chicken, and fish, and that is what they tend to serve a lot. Hopefully they can accommodate better with meals. Overall she is safe, and in good hands in this community, and I would recommend it.

This would have been our 2nd choice

Brookdale New Port Richey was our 2nd choice
The staff gave a wonderful tour of the community and they were very friendly and knowledgeable. But my dad felt that The Regency Residence would be a better fit for him.
I would like to say that our advisor from A Place for Mom was wonderful, we had a long search and she stayed right there helping us every step of the way. She was amazing.

Not a good tour

I was not impressed with this community. The community is in desperate need of upgrading. There was a slight odor when we visited. The staff we met were nice. We looked at the memory care and it was in the back corner of the community.

Good Respite

My husband had pleasant respite stay in this community. It was a nice experience, and I would use this community again for their services. He was safe, and in good hand. I would recommend this community, it is a nice facility.

Things are ok so far

The staff try to be helpful, unfortunately there is quite a bit of turnover so they are not always consistent. They offer decent meals and some activities. They keep the community clean they clean the apartments and change the sheet once a week. I would recommend taking a look at this community to see if it would work for you or your loved one.

Billing Me, and I Never Moved Into This Community

My main issue with this community is that they are sending me a bill for staying there, but I never moved into this community. During my tour of this community the rooms they showed me were to small. I couldn't even fit my queen size bed in the room I was shown. The community for the most appeared to be nice, and clean. They need to improve their commutation skills. It is ridiculous that they are sending me a bill, and I never committed to moving in.

A tour for mom

The tour was nice and the community. The staff were nice able to answer the questions on the care that is given. We would suggest that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Things are going pretty good

The staff at this community are pretty good at communication during the week, unfortunately it has been hard to contact someone on the weekends. The food is ok, however they need to pay more attention to the residents food allergies. They have a fair amount of activities. My loved one has made some friends. The community is older and could use a remodel. They do try to keep the community clean.

A Very Big Community

I went right in one day and they showed me around and told me all about the community. I saw a room and the dining room. The community is a very big place with many levels and about 200 residents. I didn't like it but it could be a better fit for someone else.

Assisted living at Brookdale

My mom has been living at brookdale for 4 weeks now.

Everyone is truly sincere and friendly and caring. It was quite scary at first for both myself and mom but she is starting to enjoy the activities and loves the food!

Happy with Moms Move

This is a lovely community, and I'am very pleased with my mothers move here. I do feel she is safe, and receiving great care. The staff is wonderful. Everything is working out very well, and I would recommend this community.

Superb experience

The chain of contact was great...hospital to APFM....to a dedicated Senior Living advisor....to placement. For the immediate situation our family was in, this was the perfect way to find placement. Quick, professional, responsive, reliable, great listeners and effective. Great traits during a time of high stress and emotion.

Everything was great!

They are really good and my friend really enjoyed it here. The staff was great and we liked the community. Everything was fine for us.

The best place in the world!

This place is above the rest. My loved one couldn't be happier. My loved one is always going on outings and doing all kinds of activities that they offer. They also have 2 dining rooms. There food is good and a lot of choices. It is like a restaurant style menu. The community is always clean and neat.

Few Issues, But Overall A Nice Community

My brother is doing pretty well here at this community. It is a nice looking community, they do a good job with keeping everything nice and clean. The staff for the most part is very nice and helpful. I've had an issue with the director, my brother missed his pain medication dosage. That is a very important medication for him. When I discussed this with the director she just made excuses instead of providing a solution from the problem. The nurse is great, they are taking good care of him. Overall I would recommend this community.

We Enjoyed Our Tour

We had nice tour of this community, it was pleasant. The community looks nice. From what we saw everything appeared to be well maintained. The staff was kind and friendly. Our questions were answered, they were informative. It was a good tour, this is a really nice community.

Mom's place

The marketing director will price you different then the nurses that will evaluate your liove one .make sure you get all the pricing from the nurses evaluation first, so you can know the true price of the stay.only complaint I have.

A Great Decision

The staff is friendly and helpful with all of your needs. The facilities are clean and there is always something to do for my grandmother. She is so happy that she made the decision to move there. She loves the activities, the outings, and the interaction with the other residences. She loves the variety of the food items during meals.

Moved my Dad here two months ago. He was immediately happy about the food but apprehensive about living there. He has settled in nicely now he really likes it. There are plenty of activities and the staff really tries to get everyone involved. I can't say enough about the staff. They are patient and kind to the residents and families. Overall, a great place to live. Glad we found this place.

Brookdale Assisted Living

I received help from Debbi [removed] in finding this community. We moved my children's father into Brookdale last week. He is very comfortable and likes the facility. The staff is very caring and they have many activities for the residents. The room he is sharing is very nice and he said the food is very good. I toured 2 other assisted living homes before choosing Brookdale. We feel this is the best place for him and we know he is being well cared for by the staff at Brookdale.

Dad Loves The Food

I am very pleased with this community and everything they have to offer. My father is adjusting well to the community and he seems to like it so far. They do have a pretty good staff. I haven't had any problems with them. My father is trilled with the food, he really loves it. They have been accommodating to him and the family when we come to visit him. Everyone is friendly and smiling at you when you walk into the building.

Completely Satisfied with Brookdale New Port Richey!

Things are going good since moving my father to Brookdale New Port Richey. He has dimensia so it is a daily thing for him to adjust to being there. All in all he is treated well and cared for. The staff is excellent, they keep an eye out for him. The kitchen staff checks on him and makes sure he eats. The director checks on him and asks if he wants to participate in activities. The staff actually cares about the residents and exceeds requirements. The nurse is excellent. He definitely receives the care he needs. I have not met anyone with any illmanneredness. No facility is perfect but this place comes close. The accommodations are great. Very clean. My father likes the food, it is quite good. Not the least expensive but moderately priced. I am completely satisfied with this community.

The Truth

Thus far I have been extremely satisfied with all aspects of the care that my dad is receiving. I am hoping that this trend will continue, for I will be the first to face any sub-standard care head on with a tenacity that most have never witnessed. God Bless and keep up the standard that is expected.

Just A Wonderful Place

This is a wonderful community and I absolutely love it there for my father in law. Everything is going great so far my father in law is a little shy but this place has been very accommodating to him and he has even made a friend so that's a start for him. I just absolutely love the place I wanna go there when I get older! You don't have to do any cooking or cleaning and you get a walk- in shower the food the is excellent we love it and the residents are just wonderful as well. I would recommend this community it's a wonderful place.

Mom chose Brookdale. Clean, friendly, great food and service.

Work In Progress

I think that the administration is pretty good. The nursing care needs improvement. They told me that they are hiring new people. I have had to remind them about her medications numerous times, but it seems to be getting better. The previous facility my Mother was in would be rated a 2. We had to move her to Brookdale for a higher level of care.

I like the Place

I like the place, they just need to update the lobby and it's bathrooms. The food is "eh" compared to some of the other places and needs to be brought up to a better quality. But the staff is nice, which is a very important thing because you feel like you can leave your loved ones there and they are safe.

It's been a good experience, I haven't really had any problems with them. I had an issue with the medication, I signed up for it and they weren't getting it, but other than that everything has been pleasant.

Things are a little shaky here right now

I think Brookdale of New Port Richey could be a very good place, but they are having a lot of trouble right now. My loved one is here, and physically she is well taken care of and safe, the aide staff are all very friendly and professional. However, there is a huge amount of turnover in their administration and it is making things very shaky. I would wait a few months for things to settle down before considering them as an option.

Review of Emeritus at La Casa Grande Alzheimer's / Memory Care in New Port Richey, FL

Very nice place. Everything I saw was fresh and new. They offer a variety of room choices. It was very much like the Atria facility my parents were in. Very nice dining room. Memory Care rooms had a bathroom and shower. The MC was separate from the ALF and secure but residents can visit each other. Around $5000 made it my choice for my parents.

Fantastic place!

Fantastic place! She totally loves it, they seem to pay attention to everyone. I had some issues with a medication she was on and they were right on top it. They have plenty of entertainment. I like that she is actually getting exercise, and has to walk to the cafeteria. She seems to have made friends with someone right away. To see her sitting there and nodding her head and talking to friends at the table is so nice, I couldn't believe it. We liked the location, and the price was fair.

Good for the price

We just put my Mom here in May. They are one of the cheapest places, but that is because she is in independent living and not assisted. Once you start adding services, like a med tech, the price goes up and up. That said, they are the nicest people and seem to enjoy their work. There are more than enough activities here. That was the main reason we put my Mom there. There's 2 buses daily going to different stores and outings. There's always something to do.
They were just bought out by Brookdale and the new company is totally remodeling the place. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 star overall rating is that the administrative and maintenance people seem very overworked with this new company coming in. I hope this will change when it settles down.

The facility is old and eve...

The facility is old and even with the renovation going on, it was not appealing. Everything was too dark and the rooms were way too small to hold 2 people.

Nice community

I had a chance to take a look at this community too. It’s very clean and pretty. The staff is very friendly. There is a piano in the dining room. They also have a patio for residents to sit on. I thought the activities should be a five as well.

Nice overall, lots of areas they could improve

I had my loved one here for a brief time, and overall they did a good job taking care of her, but there were definitely some improvements that could be made. The staff were all very friendly, and I liked the new activities and memory care directors they bought on towards the end of our stay. They could have done better in terms of cleanliness, the common areas were usually fine but I feel like a lot more effort could have been put into keeping the private rooms and bathrooms clean. There were also a lot of mix-ups when it came to the laundry service, her clothes would go missing and strangers clothes would show up in her drawers.
The biggest area they need to improve was the food. It just wasn't very high quality in general, and often arrived lukewarm or cold.

Would never put a loved one here

We went to look at the place for a loved one. We found the facility very run down. We also were very turned off by the man that showed us around. We were very offended by several comments made by him, for one he was bashing other communities and we feel you should've tried win us over with their own qualities and not bashing other places. Also there was a coment about a license they have but don't use. The man was also told to shut up by one of his own employees. We left shaking our heads and saying gross!!!!!

They do a good job here

I toured quite a few locations, both before and after placing my loved one here, and I feel like this one was the best out of all those that I saw. It is a nice looking place, the staff are friendly, and the facility is well kept and clean.

The atmosphere of this community is r...

The atmosphere of this community is really homey - does not seem like an institution. The employees and very friendly and helpful. The director is very involved in the community and really cares about both the employees and the residents- seems to know everyone's names and acts on any issues promptly.

Overall I am happy with our decision to choose Emeritus at La Casa Grande. I looked at quite a few places before making the decision.

I liked this place alot. Th...

I liked this place alot. The people are very happy and friendly. The staff are very nice and caring.

The lady was very nice but ...

The lady was very nice but I didn't care for the place,looked very old and not well kept

The staff is very friendly. All commo...

The staff is very friendly. All common areas were clean. This was not a good fit for my Mom. Carpeting was stained.

Offers private accommodations for les...

Offers private accommodations for less than shared at Largo.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment every day. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Amenities and Services
• Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
• Medication management
• Dining assistance and special diets
• Assistance with reminders and redirection
• Escorts and assistance with walking
• Emergency response call system