Brookdale Irving - Irving, TX

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Everyone is very friendly here and helpful. They do not have many activities. The food however is very poor. They do not have a good variety of food and it is always over cooked and the portions are very small. There is no way we can cook in our rooms so we have found we are eating a lot of junk food to get full.

Although I liked the facility, I do not want to settle here due to the unscheduled up's and down's of the rates.

It Was A Nice Community

Nothing was wrong with the community when I toured. I felt they were not a good fit based on what I was told. It seemed like the woman who showed me around was not that knowledgeable when I was asking her my questions.

We Love Our New Home

We are doing amazing in our cottage. The community is kept clean and fabulous. Our apartment has a full kitchen, stack able washer and dryer with weekly housekeeping and I love that I can maintain our cottage. We are not on the meal plan but we can eat lunch or dinner if we want. I cook our meals in our kitchen. The staff go over and beyond, they are very friendly and helpful. They gave us some discounts so we afford to come here and made us feel very welcome. Our ice maker was not working and they switched out the fridges till one was working. On Saturdays and Sunday they play movies at 6:30 and offer plenty of activities throughout the week. We love Bingo and play twice a week. They also have a monthly "Welcome to Brookdale" orientation meeting.

Over The Top Staff!!

My loved one has been participating in some of the activities offered like bingo, trips to stores, and having tea with other residents in the afternoons. My loved one takes her own shakers to season her foods, she feels like they need a little more seasoning to them. We both feel this is a safe place for her and there is wonderful people all around.

Housekeeping Needs Improvement!!

I really wish that the community can look into the housekeeping that is going on. The hallways need better cleaning and the carpets as well. The meals are good and there is a lot of nice people that reside here. I feel that i am in a safe community and also in a positive environment.

We have experience with independent care. The food is fantastic. The staff is very friendly! Overall, I would say this is a great place to move into!

Nice Community

I looked at this community and I thought this is a nice place. I felt this community was too far for us and not convenient to visit my brother often. Overall, I really appreciate A Place For Mom, it was a really good experience and they were recommend to me from my church.

A Wonderful Place For Her To Be

My mother is doing very well at this community. The community is well-kept, but I do think the community should smell better. The staff has been really great. I would like for the staff to encourage her more to participate in the activities. I would recommend it, but also look into other community that has more activities.

Friendly, attentive staff!

Our experience with Brookdale Irving has been a very good one! The people here are friendly, attentive, and very professional. They really take great care of the residents! The facility is clean and nice looking, and it just seems like a good place overall.

I really appreciated how knowledgeable they were

I considered this as an option for my loved one. I really appreciated how knowledgeable they were, about how the brain works, and dementia. I really felt like they knew their stuff. I ended up choosing a different community, but mostly based on pricing. I was really impressed with the people I spoke with here.

A Great Place To Be

When I was looking for a place for my loved one, the first thing I looked for was the smell, and Brookdale was nice and clean. Then also I looked at the faces of the residents, and everyone looked happy and content. The staff was very nice and personable and they take what they do very seriously.

Staff did not provide for my Mom's needs

My Mom was only here for 1 week and 1 day and we moved her. The staff did not provide for my Mom's needs. They treated her no different than someone who
could provide for themselves. They did not assist her with feeding or going to the bathroom. The weekend crew was excellent, but during the week, my Mom did not get proper care. She had a bath the second day she was there, and did not have a bath again until a week later. Not a place for someone who cannot do for themself.

Very safe and secure community

Overall I think they do a good job at Brookdale Irving. The facility is clean and well kept, and for the most part they do a good job taking care of the residents. I do think that they could improve their communication process, it can be a little hit or miss trying to get in touch with the appropriate person, but they are working on that. One thing I do like is that Brookdale Irving takes the security of its residents very seriously. They have a very regimented sign in process for all visitors and vendors.

HELL NO!1

Okay family members here is the real deal. I wouldn't even rate this place 1 star it deserve a NO STARS!!!! My father was only at this facility for 2 weeks. [removed] They charge extra for everything. Anytime your loved one has a meal sent to their room is $5 each meal ex. coffee and banana =$5, Next the medication management or reminder is $11 each time so if your family member requires 8 pills at 8 different times a day that $88 for the day. My family member had a incident and I was not notified of the incident. I was told by the dept head we don't do incident reports etc. At least notified family members that an incident occurred due to the facility is under constructions which is highly unsafe!!! My family member was hospitalized [removed] and after seeking treatment the MD recommended assisted living. Well once my loved one and I contacted the assisted living area this is were the problem ball was dropped. We arrived there at noon and didn't leave until after 6pm and my loved one was not even transitioned into the assisted living due to administration issues, clerical issues, lack of customer services, lack of confidentiality, degrading, lack of genuineness, lack of care!!!! [name removed] the health and wellness director was unprofessional, degraded myself and my loved one, lacked confidentially about my loved one's medical history. She had no moved at a slow pace and was all over the place. She had no clue what she was doing!!!!!!!!!!The error was on Brookdale's end!!!!! My loved one and l just got up and left. Neither did [removed] or [removed] attempted to check on our well being or apologize for the long process which wasn't even complete!!!! I had to find [removed] in order to see what information was lacking. Her response was short and abrupt and ended with "do you have my business card?" I removed my family member on the next day due to know one even bother to check on him/her after returning to this facility. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE [removed]

Okay family members here is the real deal. I wouldn't even rate this place 1 star it deserve a NO STARS!!!! My father was only at this facility for 2 weeks. The administrator is money hungry and only after filling rooms/increasing census. The price listed is a lie!!!! They charge extra for everything. Anytime your loved one has a meal sent to their room is $5 each meal ex. coffee and banana =$5, Next the medication management or reminder is $11 each time so if your family member requires 8 pills at 8 different times a day that $88 for the day. My family member had a incident and I was not notified of the incident. I was told by the dept head we don't do incident reports etc. At least notified family members that an incident occurred due to the facility is under constructions which is highly unsafe!!! My family member was hospitalized due to incident that happened on the property and after seeking treatment the MD recommended assisted living. Well once my loved one and I contacted the assisted living area this is were the problem ball was dropped. We arrived there at noon and didn't leave until after 6pm and my loved one was not even transitioned into the assisted living due to administration issues, clerical issues, lack of customer services, lack of confidentiality, degrading, lack of genuineness, lack of care!!!! [Removed] the health and wellness director was unprofessional, degraded myself and my loved one, lacked confidentially about my loved one's medical history. She had no moved at a slow pace and was all over the place. She had no clue what she was doing!!!!!!!!!!The error was on Brookdale's end!!!!! My loved one and l just got up and left. Neither did [Removed] or [Removed] attempted to check on our well being or apologize for the long process which wasn't even complete!!!! I had to find [Removed] in order to see what information was lacking. Her response was short and abrupt and ended with "do you have my business card?" I removed my family member on the next day due to know one even bother to check on him/her after returning to this facility. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR LOVED ONE TO BE NEGLECTED AND INJURED!!!!!!!

Like living in a Luxury place

So far I have no complaints. It's very clean, and the staff is friendly, and very attentive. They don't have to do anything or want for anything. We have been pleased with the staff and helpfulness They have been doing a great job. They have been very attentive She is really happy there.

Working well so far!

We've had a very positive experience with Brookdale Irving! My loved one really seems to be settling in well and enjoying himself here, he has made a few friends already! The staff has been very helpful throughout the whole experience, and they've delivered on everything they promised during the touring process. I would recommend them to others looking into this sort of care in the area!

Can't Say Enough Good Things

Moreen the activities director helped my mom with activities, put on a christmas beauty pageant it was awesome. I can't say enough good things.

very good experience

Overall it has been a very good experience with Brookdale Irving. Very nice place and wonderful staff.

My one complaint is that there is some sort of medicine that they have started giving her that they say she needs that seems to me to be very expensive. I am in the process of investigating this.

For the most part this is a nice, but older facility. The apartments really are not big enough for two residents, yet they squeeze them into one room and in my opinion would make it very uncomfortable and crowded and even unsafe at times with all the furniture. Most of the staff are polite and caring, but not all. Was not very happy at all with the nurse on staff. She seemed very unorganized, forgetfull, and acted like she didn't know what was going on half the time. This facility is very understaffed, therefore, their response time to the call lights are not very quick at all, even when they were aware that my mother was a fall risk.

Had my relative at this location for ...

Had my relative at this location for a year. In this time there have been 3 site administrators, and one ownership change. This is an older facility, there is any ongoing issue with flys in the independent living side and theft from those will key access to the apartments. There are no policies or documentation procedures regarding logging when cleaning staff or maintenance is in a seniors home, no policy regarding not doing work if people are not present, no security cameras in the hall ways, or a system to document grievances from residents including theft to know what is occurring on site. So far 2000.00 worth of property, has been stolen from my relatives room by someone with key access to the apartment. They do a fair job with activities and recently improved the food which is fair now also. They do provide transportation to appointments , Walmart, Braums, and other outings. Currently looking for other accommodations.

They are doing a good job so far.

They are doing a good job so far. I don't have any complaints. I don't really have anything to compare it to, but I think we get our money's worth. We are happy with Emeritus at Irving.

The staff are friendly and caring, th...

The staff are friendly and caring, the food is good and the place is pretty clean. It's not perfect, but they do a good job of caring for people with memory issues.

Assisted Living Rates Star...

Assisted Living Rates Starting at: $1295 Independent Living Rates Starting at: $885 have units for dementia/alz

I have been very happy with them.

I have been very happy with them. I really didn't want to come here, but now I really like it. Everyone called me by my first name within a few days. The food is good, except it's not as hot as it could be. They have steam tables, but if you don't get right down there, it can get cold. There are all kind of things to do, and I can go out and they take me places, like Walmart and the Doctors.

The place was nice, but too...

The place was nice, but too far for my father's sisters to drive to see him and also he would have to change all of his doctors.

At home In Irving

I was directed to Emeritus by A Place for Mom when I was searching for a place for an elder friend who had no family. Everyone was very helpful, understanding and patient - taking the time to listen to all my concerns about my friend. Within a week we had secured a suite for him at Emeritus. He seems to have adjusted well. I know he is eating better now. It was important to him to remain in the Irving area and he appears to be very happy in his new home. Emeritus has made his transition so easy and affordable.

Very Affordable, but Possibility of a Roommate

It's older, I think that the people like it who live there, but it is not as spiffy or as clean. Not as well tended. It was very affordable at $900, and that included food. What she didn't like the most though was that that price was for a room with a roommate, and she lived with the reality that they could put someone in her room tomorrow, although she never actually had a roommate. Unless they are full, though, I don't think that they ever put people together. All the other people were alone even though they were in what constituted a double room. It was very nice, the guy who runs it was just a nice man. The food was good, we ate several times with my mother. Very nice helpful people who worked in the dining room! It is just not as neat.

Everything is Good

There's a couple things that I have had questions about that I haven't gotten a chance to speak with them about. When they were talking to my dad about moving in I know they said they did housework for him and I'm pretty sure that included dishes but no one had been doing that part. I have to check on that.

Everything else is good. He loves the food, they seem to be real nice to him, and the living quarters are very nice. There are beautiful trees and everything. Other than the dishes thing everything is good. And that may not be their fault. Sometimes he gets confused so that's why I have to talk to them about it.

I like it so far. It was the only one that was in his price range in the area. Everything else was either too high or didn't have the amenities we wanted like the meals and handicapped restrooms and all that.

Dad is Doing Well, Mom Has Some Complaints

My dad is in the assisted living and everything has gone really well. The people are very accessible. The main thing is that they seem to care about my dad. They know him. I like the fact that it's very small. I think one of the things that really nice is the come and tell him when it's time for meals and when it's time for activities. Letting him know when activities are happen is really nice because it makes him more likely to go and the activities director is outstanding.

My mother is in the independent living. She moved into a cottage and we wanted some repairs done that weren't done. My mother is extremely particular. Some people might have been okay with it but we weren't. We were very concerned in the beginning because they have one elevator in the main building and it was broken. I think they handled that situation the best they could but it was unacceptable that the elevator was broken for 3 weeks.

The food was average. It's cafeteria style. I guess some people might like that but most of the people there get tired of standing in line. The people that work there seem very friendly. They're pleasant to the residents.

No real kitchens in the rooms

Emeritus was good. The only deciding factor was that they didn't have a big kitchen facility so for someone who was not ready to move to a real assisted living place that was too much of a change. They had counter space were you could put a coffee pot or some thing and a sink but no baking facility. Of course they had a dining room. It was just going to be too radical a change for my mom.

I like this place.

I like this place.

I really like Eden Estates, the peopl...

I really like Eden Estates, the people were very friendly and the apartment was nice. The kitchen was smaller than I want.

loved this one and right now would be...

loved this one and right now would be our first choice. Liked all the amenities included in the monthly rent and that if needed could move into their assisted living area.

like it

like it

Will visit later, when/if Mom embrace...

Will visit later, when/if Mom embraces the idea of a change in lifestyle suitable for her age