Brookdale Hilton Head Village- Hilton Head Island, SC

Staff was very helpful and answered all our questions. They made sure to introduce my mom to the residents. Their ambitious construction upgrades would have been a fit at this moment for my dad with dementia, otherwise it was an excellent fit.

Community was very nice and [Removed] was wonderful-answered all the questions & concerns I had

Pros and Cons of Brookdale Hilton Head Village

I moved my mother here in April 2017. The staff has been extremely friendly and helpful. The care so far has also been very good. The biggest complaint is the food. Believe they are trying to fix that but so far, in general, the food has been pretty terrible. Also, the facility could use an update. New furniture in the living room would add a lot. New carpeting also would make a big difference. I might suggest a few more \group outings. Besides that, the new director and other staff members are working very hard to make life nice for very old people! "

My mom needs that extra encouragement

My mom has her days when she likes being here and other times she needs that extra encouragement so that she does not just stay in her bed all day. Sometimes my mom's memory is an issue and the staff is working with her and us to make sure she gets the care or help she needs there. She does like some of the activities there it's just getting her to take part and she does enjoy going to the dining room with the other residents. One thing we really liked about this community when we did our tour was that they were up front about the fees and volunteered additional information about letting us know that they would alway inform us off if there were any additional fee that could arise due to our mother's care.

review of Brookdale, 80 Main Street, Hilton Head Island, SC

I moved my mother in just last week. Not an easy thing to do although she was a willing candidate. The staff at Brookdale is wonderful, very supportive, kind and helpful. They really go the extra way.

The only complaint I might have is the food is not so great, but they are very willing to accommodate food wishes etc.

Also the facility could use a little re-deocorating. Its not terrible by any means but could just use a face lift as in some new and fresher looking furniture in the living room and tv room.

Otherwise I highly recommend Brookdale Hilton Head Village, SC

Brookdale H.H has substantial room for improvement

Do thorough research before making a decision. This Brookdale facility has had MANY substantial management/administrative leadership issues since mid 2015. As a result, there have been MANY staffing issues, food issues, dining room/staffing issues, etc. Excessive fire alarm evacuations very early in the am. (Well over the number mandated by state.) Lack of response to resident accidents (emergency in room pull cords), or in any timely manner. This facility has now a new Director just this year. Based on the history of problems one would think that their priority would be to establish goodwill with the resident population to attempt to mend damage. Not the case! Professionalism seriously lacking. Not available. Total lack of follow through with families on standing issues despite (numerous) attempts to get resolution. Brookdale cannot afford to continue ignoring things. Residents have confided their negative impressions and accounts re: this facility and upper management. On a good note, there are some terrific people on staff who are dedicated, responsible, and professional.......Not enough to balance the lack of : transparency, genuine care and concern, and resolution/results to affect change.

Blessing For My Fa,ily

After much research, we decided to put our Grandfather here. Amazing people. Warm, friendly everything you need for them to be when such a hard decision is being made..
Really nice place and lots for them to do.
A blessing for my family!!

Impressed From The Start

They have not done anything wrong. I have been impressed form the get-go. The staff is so welcoming to me and my loved one and i have been impressed with how they handle the residents and I love the size of the place and they have a good staff-to-resident ratio.

Happy With My Husband's Treatment

All I can really say right now about the Brookdale Hilton Head Court facility is that I am happy with the treatment that my loved one is receiving from them at this moment. I am happy with the care that they are providing.

Definite Decline in Service and Care

Since Brookdale took over from Emeritus, several trusted staff members have left (don't know if this was by choice or if they were let go.) Transition period continues after well over 6 months. Staff is short-handed, meals are very inconsistent, with meager portions becoming more and more common. Nursing assistants end up serving meals and helping in the kitchen. To top things off, they are raising their rates as of January 2016. After more than two years, we are looking at other options.

I would recommend, but would like to see more interaction..

I would like to see more interaction between the facility and the outside family members. We don't get enough feedback. They should add many more activities. Some of the technicians are a little short with my parents. Everything else has been pretty good. The location and parking has been okay. The food is fine. I would recommend the Emeritus at Hawthorne Inn at Hilton Head. My overall rating of this facility is four stars.

Overall it was a good visit

We just toured that location over the holidays, and it was good. The gal that was going to give the tour was not there but they did follow up . Overall it wasn't a good fit for mom.

Friendly staff

Our loved one has only been here a short time, but so far things seem to be going well. It is a nice looking place, and the staff all seem very friendly and professional.

Flexible assisted living services, located near family

I like several things.
First, they offer assisted living, but you only get it if you need, meaning that if you just need certain services, you get them, and if you need more, you get more.
I like that we don't have to bring in our own assisted living person, but another facility we looked at required that. My uncle doesn't need 24/ 7 care; he just needs a watchful.
At some point my uncle may need memory care, and

I'm very satisfied. One of the nice benefits, particularly for my family, is that uncle's sister lives nearby and can see him on a daily basis.

Small community

It’s a small community so it’s very personalized. Someone who has dementia – the personalized care is important. You can visit 24-7 – it doesn’t matter who is on call – they’re all very friendly and personable.

Palm Village

This is for the Assisted living side. They didn't really take care of my loved one. Personal Hygiene was out the window, and I was really upset. They told me they could take care of my loved one. We would complain and they would do nothing. They were in a transition period. They did that job, and that was it, just a bare minimum.

They do a pretty good job.

They are dedicated to memory care, and they do a good job. They are in a state of flux, right now, they are going through management changes. They do a good job with his care. We will have to see how things go once the management settles in. There is a lot of change of personnel right now.

It’s pretty, beautiful.

It needs to have more interaction and activities. They don’t engage them as much as they could. They are as wonderful as a community can be. It’s pretty, beautiful. The residents are nice. The area is nice. The food could have more fresh options, more fresh fruits and vegetables.

Nice facility, food smelled...

Nice facility, food smelled wonderful. My concern is that the common areas were great and a nice sunroom, however the rooms seemed very dark. Even a 2 bedroom with no doors just had very small sitting area with no windows. That really puts this loc on hold.

Nice but room prices were a...

Nice but room prices were all over the place and no reason that they could explain. Pretty setting and close to stores and Drs. Small rooms. Will check out there other place next week.

My dad has since passed away, he didn...

My dad has since passed away, he didn't die here but he started to feel dizzy and they took him to the hospital in the ambulance, no one went with him, but I don't think that's something they're required to do. I've since seen something on TV about Emeritus and it's a big corporation and the picture they painted of Emeritus wasn't pleasant. My experience with them was they did everything that was expected of them. My father's stay there was all about cleanliness but no one's perfect. I'm not sure what they could improve on, everything I saw about them was fine, mostly I was just happy that he was out of my mother's hair and that he was someplace that I didn't expect him to ever leave. He wasn't in palliative care because he wasn't diagnosed with anything, he wasn't strictly speaking, palliative, but it was like that for me. One of my biggest things was my mother was running out of money and from my point of view, the only things that really mattered was to find something that wasn't like 5,000 dollars a day, this place was much cheaper so you could stay longer.

TOURED FACILITY AND IS ONE WE ARE CON...

TOURED FACILITY AND IS ONE WE ARE CONSIDERING.

One look at Hawthorne Inn at Hilton Head’s beautifully landscaped courtyards, spacious apartments and elegant décor to know this is a great place to call home. The atmosphere is warm, relaxed and the ambience embraces the uniqueness of the local culture of Hilton Head, South Carolina. Nestled in a thick forest of tall pines and live oak trees, Hawthorne Inn at Hilton Head is picture-perfect.

We enable you to create your own lifestyle. You can take a relaxing stroll along the warm, sandy beaches, watch your favorite television program, read an intriguing novel in the library or eat your favorite ice cream in our Sweet Shoppe ice cream parlor. We are just minutes away from Hilton Head Regional Medical Center, convenient shopping, historical landmarks and world class golf courses.

Hawthorne Inn at Hilton Head’s independent retirement lifestyle meets the diverse and changing needs of today’s senior adults. Should you need additional personal assistance and care, we can design an individual program just for you. Our goal is to give you more time to pursue those activities you love. Life is meant to be lived and enjoyed at Hawthorne Inn at Hilton Head. You can truly have it all!