Brookdale Marysville - Marysville, OH

Going Great Here

My mom is doing great here, the staff is very friendly and she likes her room. In fact, we have moved her own furniture in so it feels more like home. They offer a lot of activities and mom has already started taking part in several of them, she also likes going to the dining area and visiting with the other residents. I would definitely recommend setting up a tour here.

My tour

The community is pretty and the staff I met were nice. This community looked clean, however it did have a dark log cabin feeling and I did not think this would work for my loved one.

Spacious bedrooms with great amenities!

I really like how open the front entrance of this complex is and just the layout overall of the entire building. My mothers bedroom is nice and spacious for her with lots of great amenities included . She has had no complaints with the food and seems to really like the activities they have available during the day for all of the residents. The only thing I wish the staff would improve on is helping her out of her room more often.

No longer a resident centered facility

This was a great facility with great staff when it opened, however, it's been bought out twice over the last 3 years and the care and quality has decreased significantly each time. It's beautiful but activities tend to fall thru the cracks, they play videos for exercise and activity time rather than live people. They used to do larger monthly activities like chocolate factory, casino, and museums that no longer take place. There used to be something going on almost every evening and now that is rare. The nurses used to call with updates or changes that never happens now. There used to be staff around all the time now they have cut back so much it's hard to find anyone because they are so busy. There used to be some services included now every time they interact with a resident there is a $15-$50 charge. Very sad, totally corporate minded now no longer a resident centered facility.

Very friendly

My Mom is adjusting, but I think things are going pretty well there. They are very friendly and they are doing a really good job. So far, we are happy with them and we do not have any complaints with the facility or the staff.

The Inn at Halcyon Village, a senior assisted residence, opened in July of 2010 at 1565 London Ave, Marysville and offers many amenities: Beauty/Barber Salon, Chapel, Beautiful Courtyard with Waterfalls, Covered Porches, Multiple Lounge Areas, Private Dining Room, English Pub, Café, Lodge Style Fireplaces, Social Activities, Bird Aviary, Movie Theater, and more! All at a price that will surprise you!

Personal preferences and the spirit of individuality are important elements of living. Therefore our environment is designed to compliment and personalize the needs of each resident. Halcyon Village is designed for people who want the privacy of an individual suite with the security of a 24 hour nurse on-site. Our staff can assist you with activities of daily living, medication administration and more while still promoting maximum independence.

We recognize that individuals with dementia and Alzheimer’s require special care. Our Village Neighborhood has been designed with the safety and comfort of our residents in mind. The specially designed home-like atmosphere with a state of the art monitoring system provides a safe and secure environment. Our staff focuses on providing specialized services that are individualized for each resident.

The Inn at Halcyon Village is independently owned and operated encouraging you to communicate directly with the decision makers everyday. This also creates a special bond with each and every resident and family that joins our community. We treat your loved ones as our "Mothers and Fathers, Grandmothers and Grandfathers". Come be a part of our family!

"We're dedicated to not only providing the best in senior assisted living, but also providing the kind of place you'd love to call home".