Brookdale Greenville - Greenville, SC

Brighton Gardens provides assisted living in an apartment-style setting that offers the simple pleasures - nutritious food, comfortable surroundings, and the support of a warm, caring and competent staff. Our Skilled Nursing Center emphasizes resident care and dignity in private or shared accommodations. We offer a variety of nursing care and support services including 24-hour skilled nursing care, post hospital and post surgical care, restorative care, coordination of physician and pharmacy services and family counseling. A separate Special Care Center for residents with Alzheimer's or other memory related disorders is also on-site. The key to our success in the Special Care Center is our dedicated and compassionate staff, which receives special training and supervision. Our Special Care programming offers a variety of activities designed to achieve memory enrichment and positive social interactions. Caring for residents with dementia is a partnership between the community and the family, frequent family visits are encouraged and support groups and advisory councils are arranged. A Short Stay Program for seniors who need short-term care may also be available. It is the ideal alternative for recuperating after a hospital stay, while family caregivers are on vacation or if you just want to try out assisted living. Please call for more information or to schedule a visit to find out how Brighton Gardens can enrich your life or the life of a loved one.

tour for care

We toured this community for the care that my husband needed .We were very happy with the staff who were understanding. The community has a nice menu and they offer a list of activities that would have been helpful to his needs. This was not the environment that my husband would be comfortable with. We would suggest tour options of care

Beautiful facility, resembling a hotel. The staff was knowledgeable and professional, and had a great rapport with the residents. We were warmly greeted upon arrival, and [Removed] did a wonderful job of showing us the property and explaining the tiers of care. The residents seemed very pleased and happy. The facility was very clean and had lots of natural light.

Nice, clean, new senior living option but I was not in favor of the larger complex and they did not allow pets. A little more expensive than others but single pricing

Not yet!

This was a nice community and we enjoyed the tour. The people were super nice and helpful with getting us around. The community was clean as well. We just thought that this was not the right community for mom.

Horrible

Would not put a dog in their. Father was in their for a month after he left I contacted dept of aging along with omnibudsman.

Provided My Husband With Excellent Care

My husband and I had a pretty good experience here at this community. My husband has since passed,and I moved back home. Everybody was very kind and helpful. They provided my husband with great care. The only issue I have had is they will not refund me for my unused balanced, since I moved out a month early. Other than the billing issue this is a good community. I would recommend it.

Moving my loved one here was a very big mistake.

Moving my loved one here was a very big mistake. I would never recommend Brookdale Greenville to anyone. It was nice when it used to be a [Removed], but not anymore.

Very Impressed

I am very impressed with Brookdale this is a wonderful community. My father and step mother are doing amazing here and they seem happy. The staff is courteous and helpful and very attentive to my parents. The facility is amazing and very clean well maintained. My parents enjoy the food and my stepmother state of mind has improved since they moved here. It has been a wonderful experience for us and I would highly recommend this community.

Horrible. Please keep your loved one away.

Disappointed

They were not giving her certain medications that she was suppose to have per doctor requests. Then they were giving her medications that she didn't need. She said that when they were going on their little day trips that she was not invited to go along. Very clean, and friendly, but I was disappointed with those issues.

Brookdale Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to visit share your feedback. We are committed to continuous quality service and care and will share your feedback with our management team.

LESS THAN DESIRABLE TO SAY THE LEAST

The worst experience ! I went to visit a friends mother and father that were residents. (Notice I said "WERE") Only one registered nurse was available. I have never seen so many bad attitudes and part of the staff acted as old as the residents. No organization what so ever! The entire visit, over 2 hours, the ALARM SYSTEM went off and NO ONE attempted to turn it off. Miserable experience unless one is deaf. Im surprise the building is still standing---non supervised smoking area for the resident smokers and the smell is terrible! I really dont know how EMERITUS is still in business with all the law suits and monies they have had to pay out. No one should ever place their loved ones in such an institution ANON

Manipulative Staff-Money Matters

Emeritus is not all it represents as far as quality. I found the staff at Emeritus-Pelham Rd., very manipulative with no regard to patients health. The money was more important and when insurance stops, the service basically stops. They were willing to discharge the patient at 8:00 at night to Home Hospice with a few hours notice to me. The Staff doctor/nurses were aware of the patient's poor eating habits but never administered fluids for dehydration was basically willing to send the patient home to die. I was told when the patient entered the facility that Medicare would pay for the first 20 days at 100% and 80% thereafter up to 60 days. I was given this information without them even reviewing the patient's medical plan. Therefore, the patient incurred a huge bill; but they wanted the funds for 20 days that why they accepted the patient; knowing this facility does not accept Medicaid and not willing to help secure a spot for this patient at a facility that acknowledge Medicaid. Stay away from Emeritus!

money is most important

Nurses are pretty good-a bit scatter brained at times. They leave their trash in the room at times. Took over 6 hours to recieve meds upon arrival. Took 3 days of my dad telling staff he thought he had a blood clot. When they checked turns out he had 3. There are ants in the room. Was told we could make monthly payments upon arrival. Now they say what we originally agreed in is not adequate. Since then they have been trying to get him out with no regard to his health or needs. The administration is manipulative and have made a difficult time for my family much worse.

Ants-staff leaves trash in room-leave...

Ants-staff leaves trash in room-leave urine collector in bathroom dirty-took 6 hours to recieve meds upon admision-administrators only care about money not the well being of residence.

We have been at Emeritus for 2 weeks ...

We have been at Emeritus for 2 weeks and find the staff and care givers friendly and helpful. They seem to provide services programmed for the individuals' needs. As we settle in we
will get a better idea how it suits us.
So far great. There is a merger with
Brookdale as of August and we will have some changes -hopefully smooth ones.

Lisa very nice. Did not vi...

Lisa very nice. Did not visit location as the starting rate would be $3875. She did recommend we try their sister organization Hawthorne Inn - however she does not think they have any openings at the moment.

We choose the Emeritus beca...

We choose the Emeritus because it had everything we where looking for in an assisted living facility, including a good price. The one downside is the two bedrooms are configured strangely, but we got one that was modified, so it will work out wonderfully.

Too big

This is such a large complex and that was something that turned mom off. The prices were a little higher and when they assessed my grandfather, they wanted to put him in just memory care and it seemed like they were just ready to put him in a secure area and not do the assisted living. I didn't think my grandfather was at that point yet.

May have been the better choice

This is one we were seriously considering. We liked it and when we chose the place, my dad was doing a little better and he was big on the aesthetics he didn't really approve of the size of the room. Looking back we may have regretted not choosing this because he did need skilled nursing in the end so it would have been nice to have them in the same place but I have heard since from people that we made the right decision not picking this.

Some wonderful staff, but could pay more attention

My mother in law was in here for rehab and it was fine, she struggled with it in the beginning and fought it tooth and nail, she did not want to be there and did not want to cooperate. Towards the end she started to cooperate and got to the point where they couldn't do anymore so she had to leave.
There were some exceptional staff members, the night nurse (I wish I could remember her name!) was as sweet as could be, and then there were just some others that were just okay but I wouldn't have anything negative to say about them. I think the one thing that bothers me is she's diabetic and she'd go out to the dining room and they would bring desserts out and put them on the table so of course she would eat them. Since it was skilled nursing, you'd expect the nurses to pay attention to those things and the whole time she was there her sugar level was extremely high because no one was paying attention to what she was eating, we didn't feel like she was being watched enough.