Brookdale Lawndale Drive - Greensboro, NC

Hospitable atmosphere that makes residents feel right at home.

Brookdale Lawnlake is one of the best communities I've been in! The staff is very friendly and attentive. I was there today visiting my husband and they had a man playing the piano and a woman singing. It was so sweet and I looked around and all residents had a smile on their face. I enjoyed it very much and they have things like this going on all the time.The meals are Delicious and they aren't fatty or greasy. The chef comes out and asks what the residents what they would like to eat and makes them custom meals. I like that they assign nurses to residents so they can become familiar.[Removed] who works there described it perfectly and I have never heard this before he said, "This is their home and we treat them as if we are caring for them in their home."
I visited a lot of communities and none of them compared to Brookdale.

Richland Place Has a Family Feeling

It felt more like home and I was impressed when we toured. We really like the place and everyone is so good to my mother-in-law. She is treated like family and I believe she is very happy. It is a clean community and in the process of remodeling, its going to look much nicer. The staff are great and I would recommend this community to family and friends. We appreciate A Place For Mom's help, it was really great.

I would not recommend brining any loved ones to this facility . It smells of urine, the decor is dull an dismal. This building has been called 4 different names and leads me to ask why?

Great Place!!

Brookdale Lawndale Drive has some nice staff. The meals offered in the community are good and healthy. When we go to visit her we see her meals and they look okay. The staff are friendly and communicate well. The place is also up-kept and organized.

My First Impressions

I am impressed with the friendliness of ALL the staff, the care that they ALL give to the residents, the cleanliness, and the organization, as well as the activities provided. It seems that ALL the staff is engaged in occupying the patients' time with games and such. They receive the attention they need and want.

Review of Emeritus at Greensboro Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Greensboro, NC

No one was aware that I was coming at 1:30. Jennifer Sperduti was not there. I was taken on a tour by the 'Business Manager'. She couldn't really answer many questions except to say that she thought that because of Jody's needs, that they probably would not be a good fit. She assured me that Jennifer would give me a call.

Not a good memory care experience

We did not have good experiences with the memory care here, and we moved my loved one out. There are some very good staff members, but others who are not. It feels like the memory care section was an unsuccessful attempt to turn an assisted living section into memory care. It is wide open, with people wandering where they will, and the common areas do not contain enough seating to have them all in the same place. The care felt almost negligent at times.

Sam Pollock

We are sorry our memory care program didn’t meet your expectations. We offer a multitude of chairs and couches for our residents to rest and relax on throughout the day. As one of the symptoms of dementia is wandering, we offer a large common area for them to do so. As we don’t chemically or physically restrain our residents, they will wander and this may look like negligence to an outsider, but it is anything but. That being said, the memory care unit is a very safe place for our seniors as it has locked doors at all entrances and exits. For any further concerns you have regarding the care of your loved one here at Greensboro, we encourage you to contact our community management team directly.

Can not keep up with residents clothe...

Can not keep up with residents clothes. Call 911 when not necessary. Not enough activities to keep residents active.

Hard transition, but Noah is wonderful

I feel that I do have some suggestions for them, we did not have a very pleasant experience moving in. First of all, the marketing person left the next day or two, I feel like they were not responsive to helping my mother get acclimated to that place. I felt like, for the first week or so she was getting a lot of different people and there was not one person assigned to her and for a dementia/alzheimer patient that is very difficult; I felt like for the first weeks or so there should have been somebody that could help her. I'm a novice with this so maybe theres a reason they do it that way but I feel their "on boarding" certainly lacks on help. I did not realize when she went there that she was as sick as she was and I had a hard time getting anybody to respond. Mom had a ring stolen and I know it was stolen, and I know things like that happen in places like this but her toilet kind of rocked, the lights were out, I was not pleased.
They have an outstanding nurse director, Noah Barr, he is absolutely outstanding and I have been very, very pleased with him. When I met with him and told him that things in her room still hadn't been fixed we got up and went to her room right away and he got those things fixed. Most of the staff members are very good, they seem to be very caring and now that mom is feeling better, she's gotten a bit more acclimated and I don't have any problems with it. The food is excellent, when I look at what she has and the way it's prepared and presented, it's probably as good as any restaurant you could go to. The courtyard is very nice, it's not too large, but they have flowers that they probably get to plant which would be nice for my mom to do. She can't really rememebr when things are happening so we're working on getting them to encourage her.

Need more experience with memory care

I think, overall, Emeritus tries very hard. They have only been in this part of the business for just a tad voer a year and I think they need more experience. They only have one RN on staff, it's my understanding they're in the process of adding another one but he's over worked and he can't give them the care he needs to.
They couldn't get her to take her medication, she was getting angry and hostile, and they finally suggested that we put her on a behavioral unit at a hospital to get her medications straightened out, they couldn't seem to do that here. I don't think she was abused, I think they did they did the best they could, but I would not recommend them. In fairness, she went from living at home, knowing that she had a problem and one day she was in a nursing home and I'm not sure she wouldn't have had the same reaction any place she went to.

This location was nice, but not as ni...

This location was nice, but not as nice as some of the others I've seen. It would only accomodate Marge's needs and then, I'm not sure she would like it.

Was my favorite one of the first day....

Was my favorite one of the first day. Meals seem more to my mom's tastes but the rooms are small.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.