Brookdale Green Mountain - Lakewood, CO

Located just minutes from Lakewood City Center and the new Lakewood Belmar Development, Brighton Gardens of Lakewood offers excellent access from downtown Denver. Conveniently situated near Golden, Evergreen, Conifer and many other small mountain communities.. Our community sits in the heart of Green Mountain with breathtaking views of the downtown Denver skyline, and wonderful shopping and restaurants as well as the Green Mountain recreational center are within walking distance. We pride ourselves in our caring and compassionate staff. The warmth and personality of our home is directly related to the comfortable security they provide to our residents. Our highly respected continuum of care is second to none. We offer four service levels customized to celebrate the individuality and dignity of each resident in assisted living, and our service levels are designed to allow optimum independence with care available if needed. We offer a special area for residents with Alzheimer's and other related memory disorders. Our Health Care Center is certainly not your ordinary skilled nursing atmosphere - it offers a bright and cheerful environment with large windows and wide hallways, with a comprehensive approach to nursing care and support services including 24-hour skilled nursing as well as restorative care. All beds are Medicare-certified.

Discover our beautifully landscaped courtyard and gardens, enjoy our fine cuisine or join in an activity or social group. At Brighton Gardens, we have an abundance of ways to make your life here enjoyable. Here is Assisted Living committed to comfort and care: tastefully appointed apartment-style living, attractive and spacious community areas.

Extremely Happy

I am more than confident we made the right choice placing my wife here. I've done quite a bit of research on this location and everything is excellent from the staffing down to the food.
From the staff members that I've spoken with all the employees have been there no less than 9 years which indicates to me they are happy with the company they work for which makes me feel good because a company that takes care of their employees will take care of their residents.
The food is quite good. The staff every day will ask my wife if she would like to join any activities or if they are going out for the day if she would like to go and if she feels up to it she will if not then she won't and the staff respects her decision no pressure to do things.

Tour for options

We did the tour of this community for care that is offered. We liked the staff who were able to answer the questions of care that are available. We liked that the community did have activities, but we wanted a community that was floor lever for her to be able to get around. The menu seemed to be a good variety of meals. We would recommend that families tour this community for the nice care of a loved one.

Awful rehab stay

My father was here for rehabilitation and it was awful. They didn't properly hook up his oxygen. He got Pneumonia and they didn't even try to treat it.

Everyone was really friendly!!

I enjoyed my initial introduction into this community. All of the staff where very friendly and upbeat upon our arrival. They made us feel comfortable during our tour and made sure to provide my mother and I with lots of great information. They where just a little expensive and out of our budge so we decided against this facility.

Costly Living!!

There was a lot of residents living in this community for the amount of space they had available. I noticed that the hallways especially seemed to be very crammed and narrow. I also thought the prices where very expensive for what they had to offer compared to other assisted livings. The community was just not a right fit for my loved one and her needs.

I Took A Tour!!

I took a tour of the community and i really liked what they had to offer. One of the things that caught my attention was that if my mother was not able to participate in activities someone would come to her room and do activities with her. The rooms looked very open and the bathrooms were very clean i really liked this residen

First Look

Being that this was our first tour of any assisted living facility, I felt that it was a great introduction to the assisted living way of life. I was happy to see the interaction between the staff and the residents; we arrived at lunch time,
, so we had lunch( poached salmon, spinach, cherry pie for dessert,). which I thought was quite good. Mother wasn't as pleased, mainly because her attitude coming in was not very nice. As with most seniors, she is very reluctant to be in the position of needing extra care now.
I have told her numerous times that she cannot take care of herself anymore, but she refuses to do anything about it. She needs help dressing at times, getting meals, attending to her personal hygiene, etc., but refuses to have anyone take care of her but me, her daughter. I am overwhelmed with taking care of her full-time as well as having a full-time job and two houses to take care of.
Brookdale Green Mountain is about 5-10 minutes from my home, so it is very convenient for me. Hence the reason for choosing the facility.

Brookdale Green Mountain is a good community!!

This community was nice and the staff were very friendly. They were willing to help and assist in problem solving. They kept this community well taken care of. They did not have an opening that would accommodate both my parents so we had to choose another community.

All went well for the month respite. Would recommend the facility.

Perfect fit for my parent

Attractive, comfortable, friendly community. They provide a high level of care so I wouldn't have to move my parent to a nursing home. Very caring, dedicated staff.

It is a little bit older, smaller, and darker community. The residents and staff are all nice. I was shown a room that seems to not have easy access to the hallways and elevators. The tour went good, it was very informative and the person seemed knowledgeable and seemed to like it there.

Attentive staff

I love that Brookdale Green Mountain has a nursing home and assisted living. They were really good about getting hospice involved as well. They've been really good with my Grandmother. They make sure she goes down for meals. The food looks fine and smells good.

would like to see more engaging activities

They have plenty of activities at Brookdale Green Mountain. I would like to see more engaging activities though. The ones they provide are pretty sedate. I think the facility has been very good about listening to our concerns but I would like to see them respond quicker to them. For example, she had a door that would stick, making it hard to lock and the staff still haven't been by to fix it. Again, they are very willing to listen to anything we have to say, I would just like to see them respond quicker. That's really my only concern here.

Has gone down hill over the last year

EXTREMELY high turnover rate - this should tell you something about management. There are only about 5 people that have been there longer than 6 months - this includes CNAs, kitchen, nurses and management. Staff that have been there 5+ years have all left. Food is good to average, but they often run out of items. The rooms are dirty, and often smell of urine. Overall facility looks really nice. If I were to put a parent here, I'd ask about the turnover rate!!!!!

A Good Experience

I do not know anything about what Brookdale Green Mountain could improve on. I guess it has been a good experience for us. My mother lives there and has not told me anything specific about the place.

Very Pleased With The Experience

I thought the room my mom was in was just uplifting and bright. I thought the nursing staff did a wonderful job and were conscientious with my mom. I thought the restaurant was so professional and the food was good. Overall, very pleased with the whole experience.

not happy with value

Brookdale Green Mountain moved grandma into memory care. They wanted someone else to come take care of her while she is here. I don't want to have to pay two people. So I am not very happy with the value of this facility.

Poor Medical Care

My Mom lived at Brookdale for about 3 years.

Most of the staff at Brookdale are very friendly and helpful. They are willing to go out of their way to make residents comfortable.

Sadly, this can't be said for the doctors or nurses. They provide very poor care, and avoid being either friendly or helpful. I can't give Brookdale more than a 1-star rating because of that.

Seemed like a nice place

We looked into this community when we were searching for care options for a loved one. I thought Brookdale Green Mountain was a nice looking place overall, and definitely somewhere worth a look if you're looking for care in the area. I only got to see the assisted living portion during my visit, but from what I saw the facility is generally clean and well maintained.

When my mother first made the move to...

When my mother first made the move to Emeritus her room wasn't even cleaned or the bed made up. They just quickly did a wipe down which was concerning. Once moved in my mother rang for help in the night multiple times with severe pain and no one came to help her. I spoke to the management about this and they said they would fix it, but it was never resolved. The staff also never had time to do basic things like help my mother brush her teeth or wash her face. They were so short staffed they were rushing from room to room without having time to really aid a person fully. Also, when she came down with pneumonia no one called me to communicate this fact. I had to find out when I went to visit her. Inexcusable.

Sam Pollock

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us isn’t meeting your expectations. We work diligently to ensure that all of our rooms are cleaned and prepared for all of our new residents. We assure you that we never ignore a resident’s call for assistance, and we do everything we can to keep the comfortable. We have no record of any complaints regarding attention to a resident’s oral and personal hygiene. We are concerned about your comments regarding a lack of communication between the community and the loved one’s family as we always promote open lines of communication. We invite you to contact our community management team with these and any other concerns you may have regarding your mother’s stay with us.

very good community

It’s fine. It’s a great place! That’s all you need to know.

Excellent Nursing Staff and Care

They just made a few changes. They took soup off the menu for lunch and they also changed to not having table cloths at lunch. I would have given them a 5 but until I'm sure there won't be too many changes, I'll give them a 4.

They have been very helpful. The nursing staff is excellent. They are really easy to communicate with. As for friendliness, some people are good, some are not so good but overall everyone is pretty pleasant. I think the value is very good compared to other's I've looked in to. My mother just started utilizing some of the activities so I don't know too much about them but they seem to have something going all the time.

They have assisted living with 8 different levels of care that you can pay for. My mother is at level 6 and she needs help getting to and from the bathroom and getting down to the meals.

Would have been good, but didn't meet our budget

This was actually my first choice because dad could have been in memory care and mom in assisted living; they're kind of in the same building. I had mom in a rehab hospital and literally the day she got out I had her in the car to take her here to move in and they called me and said they couldn't meet the budget. We had been talking for probably 2 weeks and they called me at the end of the day they were supposed to move in and said they couldn't meet the budget, I thought it was very late and it was very disappointing.

Small Studio (297 s.f.) - $2950 Med S...

Small Studio (297 s.f.) - $2950 Med Studio (330 s.f.) - $3350 Large Studio (380 s.f.) - $3750 Care level, 1 - $775, 2 - $1275 The room rate includes all activities, meals, housekeeping once per week, individual laundry once per week, utilities (not including phone) and cable TV.

friendly caregivers, will do 2 person...

friendly caregivers, will do 2 person transfer, only studios, small dark room at outside door. Also has skilled nursing.

This is the other property that we fe...

This is the other property that we felt welcoming...the staff seemed a bit closed up and not as open and welcoming as Atria. perhaps when they get to know the residents they open up more? This property had 20 units available which raises the question as to why? It appeared to be clean and the grounds were well kept. Cost looked affordable.