Brookdale Appleton - Appleton, WI

A WONDERFUL PLACE TO CALL HOME

Welcome to Fox River Assisted Living & Memory Care in Appleton, Wisconsin. Wonderful opportunities abound for the senior lifestyle of your choice at Fox River. Located near the Fox River Mall, Fox Cities Performing Art Center, Thompson Community Center, Outagamie County Airport, and the Fox Cities Stadium - Fox River is an ideal choice for Assisted Living, Memory Care, and Independent Senior Living.

The Resident Care Team oversees the care and services provided by the specially-trained Resident Assistants.

Apartments at Fox River are rented on a monthly basis. Our studio and 1 bedroom apartments are fully carpeted, with individual climate control and emergency call systems. At Fox River, you will enjoy the privacy of your own individual apartment within a community of care and support.

Assisted living at Fox River is designed for senior adults who wish to maintain their independent lifestyle but may need some additional assistance to do so.

In addition to the Basic Services, addtional levels of Personal Assistance are available and tailored to meet each resident's specific needs. Residents will be assessed prior to move-in and regularly thereafter, to determine which level of care is needed. Additional charges apply based on the Personal Assistance services provided.

Fox River is dedicated to our life-engagement philosophy of social, psychological, spiritual, and physical well-being of every individual.

This dedication is reflected in every effort our community makes in caring for residents who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease or other related dementias.

Respite Care is also available for those wishing to stay just a few days to recover from an illness or injury or while family are out of town.

Feels more like a home

This facility has been perfect so far and we have no complaints. My Husband’s room is beautiful and it seems more like an apartment than anything. The rooms do come with a full kitchen including a full size refrigerator and a dishwasher. All of the staff members have been wonderful and the residents themselves are very kind. The food is also great and you have a few choices for the meals. When you are served, it’s a 3 course meal and all of the staff members help serve food. The facility does offer a lot of great activities like bingo, happy hour, live entertainment, mass services, family dinner, and a lot of outings. This community is a really great fit for my Husband and I would recommend them to other families.

From What I Can Tell

My mom went into the assisted living side of the community and it is a new environment for her. I believe we picked a good community for my mom and it has been a good place of care since she has moved in.

Happy with community but meal times need adjustment.

My father lives here and it enjoys it. He's a bit of an introvert so he isn't getting that involved in activities. There is a retired Pastor close by and they offer church services which is nice.The one thing that could change is he feels like he is eating all day because the meal times are so close together. I wish they would start supper later, they start serving at 4:30 and if you are not there early you have to pick off the menu that's left.He started buying his own groceries and making sandwiches for dinner.

Great Staff

My mother is doing well since her move to this community. It is a nice facility, and I'am pleased with her move here. I do feel she is safe, and in good hands at this community. They have a great staff. There are activities offered. It has been a good experience, and everything is working out well. I would recommend this community.

A good tour

We liked this community, however it was a little smaller than what we were looking for. The staff we met were nice and we liked the programming they offered.

Great tour!

When we toured the Brookdale Appleton, we felt that they were pretty well set up. The tour guide was very informative and helpful. The place seemed very nice, but we chose another community that for my mother's needs better.

Extremely depressing. I would never send my mother there.

Attentive Staff!!

So far everything has been going good with the move to Brookdale Appleton. The staff are attentive and communicate well. The meals are okay i haven't heard my mother say anything negative about them. I feel that she is in a safe place most importantly. There are activities offered but at the moment my loved one hasn't mentioned much about engaging in them.

My Visit Here

This was a nice community to see and it seemed to be clean. The room that was shown to me was a nice size. My tour guide was on time and was able to focus on the tour and I was able to get all the information about the community.

Mom In Law Is Doing Well

Everybody has been very kind and friendly. This is a nice community, and we are satisfied with all they have done for us. My mother in law is doing good. It is a good looking facility. We've had some minor concerns, but overall everything is pretty well-kept. They have a good staff here, they are pretty helpful and kind. She is participating in the exercise class. She is pleased with the food, it smells pretty good. We know she is safe and I would recommend it.

Review of Brookdale Appleton - Appleton, WI

Very nice facility with 3 meals and many activities and an enclosed outdoor patio even a secure outdoor patio for the memory care unit. Larger facility with about 60 residents. Nice-sized apartment rooms with closet storage full bath shower kitchenette. Memory care has smaller rooms 11x11.

Very nice staff.
Food choices are good.
Very clean facility. Nice rooms.
Not great on explaining the monthly charges. Have been trying to get an explanation of "personal expenses" for 2 months. Called the corporate number on my bill and could not get through. Sent to voicemail and it was full so I got hung up on. Finally talked to someone at corporate who could not help me. Told me to contact the Appleton facility which I did. Do not have an answer yet.

This a beautiful facility, two floors, well maintained, activity rooms, lounges and there looks like is enough staff to care for the residents. The memory care unit is in a secured wing of the same facility. The accommodations are a good size, roomy. The residents all look clean, cared for, happy, and active.

Very nice place!

I think they do a great job overall at Emeritus at Fox River. The facility itself is clean and well maintained, and we're happy with the care she is getting. They have a good variety of activities and outings, and she seems to enjoy the food! We are happy she is here, and would recommend it to others!

Rebecca was very friendly and helpful. She was very friendly with the staff and knew many of the residences names. The facility was very clean. I will keep this facility on my yes list.

Great Facility

Knowledgable and friendly staff. Good size apartments and rooms. Good food. Lots of activities available both inside and outside. Great dining area. Place is very clean and nicely decorated. overall, great place.

Our mother has only been at Emeritus ...

Our mother has only been at Emeritus for three days, but the staff and facility has been excellent.

10 stars

It is hard to explain what Emeritus has done for my Dad. He's been there only a few months and he is better than he was over a year ago. It's truly amazing. He's happy, hungry, participates in activities and more. I'm really happy for my Dad knowing that he is getting superior care.

Emeritus should be a guideline for all other memory care facilities. The best ever. 5 stars is not enough, at least 10 stars.

A lovely place for respite care

My mother-in-law needed a respite placement following surgery. Not many places offer respite care. We were able to tour the facility and enroll "G" at EFR. The building was well kept and the staff friendly. They took very good care of "G", attending to all her needs. Meals were home-made and portions generous.

The address any problems promptly and pleasantly

It's not perfect but it is wonderful. Everyone's very friendly here, things get handled in a timely manner, little problems happen but people here really take care of it, but they take care of everyone here, not just my mom. Everyone is really friendly, she's getting along with other residents pretty well and they try to help her meet people she'll get along with. They have a lot of activities and they try to focus on activities that the residents will like; my mom is a writer and they're starting a writing group. They come and check on the residents, like one time when she didn't come down for bingo and they came to see why she wasn't there. My opinion is its a great value, for the money that we're paying every month we couldn't get this back home. We've always worked through problems and everyone's been pleasant about it. Eva here is fantastic, everyone is, but she was the one I phoned first and she said I could use her as a sounding board and is still there to answer any questions I have.

So Far, So Good

My mom moved in there and so far, so good. The man we talked to was very friendly and kind.

They cared about our needs

We were in a bind and had to choose a community right away and out of the communities that we talked to Emeritus just seemed to actually care about our mothers needs. The other communities seemed like it was all business and really felt kind of rushed. Emeritus had immediate availability and the staff seemed to know what was going on.

We met w/ Chad who spent ti...

We met w/ Chad who spent time w/ Mom, discussing her concerns & desired type of housing.

Clean, welcoming, friendly. Resident...

Clean, welcoming, friendly. Residents seemed happy and many were involved in activities. Ewa is especially warm and helpful. Nursing staff will come to rehab and give mom a free evaluation to determine her care level. need to determine if they take family care. phone is extra cost includes housekeeping, laundry, utilities, apartment, all meals activities and transportation Monday and Thursday. Therapy included 3 days a week. Health/assistance on level system based on points- time with resident. 1000 one time

I toured 3 separate occasions and fou...

I toured 3 separate occasions and found this facility exemplary,in services,employees,and patients(of character)throughout.I am sorry my mother is in need of more care than Fox River could offer.