Brookdale Emerson - Emerson, NJ

Inadequate, just being polite

Recent off hours visits in evening and weekend I noticed language barrier caregivers understaffed often and appear overworked (most residents dependant, considering it's listed as an Assisted Living) . One staff nurse in charge for entire facility. Wellness manager staff never available, in early AM, always in a daily meeting, all "sneak out" same time in early in PM and never In on weekends. Housekeeping staff consist of TWO! Rooms are not clean everyday, no housekeeping staff in evening. Receptionist leave early evening, Unaswered buzzer ring , locked front door but, smoker residents know code to get out, or let in visitors jeopardize of safety and health code with exposure of second smoke less than 25 feet of front entrance. One maintenance and recreation staff member. Appears only the kitchen staff seems adequately staffed, food appears appealing. Current admission coordinator promised certain accommodations then "downplays" for inadequacies .Needless to say look elsewhere this Brookdale not meeting expectations at all, Be advised there is a new Assisted Living being built 200 feet sway next spring!

My visit

This looked like a nice community when I visited. The people I met were nice. I like this community. This community unfortunately did not offer the level of care that dad needed.

A good tour

This was a nice community when I visited it. The staff I met were nice and they did offer some daily activities. This community was large and mom did not seem to think it would work for her.

Awesome Community!!

I thought this was a great community, they had lots of great amenities for all of the residents and everyone seemed very happy. It was a very positive atmosphere that I would have loved my mother to be in. It was a smaller facility and was kept very clean in all areas. I had noticed the great activity list they had posted to keep everyone busy throughout there week.

Not Impressed with My Tour

I wasn't very impressed with my tour of this facility. The one good thing I noticed about this community, is that the residents have their own private restroom. Other than that plus, I wasn't impressed. The memory care portion they showed me had a bad odor lingering around it. That was a turn for me. I didn't feel this was the community for my mother, and her needs.

I Admired How Attractive and Cozy It Is

I recognize the staff are doing their best to oversee my mom feel excepted and cater to her needs. I think they don't have enough activities in the Memory Care it looks a little limited. It is an absolutely clean wing and the staff see that her home is very clean. The vibrant and updated community brought me to like how attractive and cozy it is. I liked the size of her room. They had the best price in the area. She is doing as well as can be excepted.

Very pleased with this community!!

I am very pleased with this community and everything they have provided for my loved one. They offer the residents three meals a day and they seem to be healthy with lots of choices to choose from. The complex is very well maintained and the housekeeping team does an excellent job at keeping my dads bedrooms clean and picked up. The also offer a great activity program to keep them busy throughout the week. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking in retirement.

Our Experience

Debbie from A Place For Mom was lovely. I am glad for the referral. I am grateful for Brookdale. The community made it an easy process for us.

Mom's new home

Brookdale Emerson is a wonderful place for your moms and dads!!
They welcomed my mother with open arms, invited her to join all the wonderful activities and provide a safe and caring enviroment!! We were so nervous looking for an assisted living facility, but Brookdale made the move simple and a pleasure. I would recommend this facility for anyone seeking an affordable and safe place.

We moved mom in to Brookdale Emerson, NJ two weeks ago. As of now it has been fantastic. They have taken her on trips, shows and lots of activities to keep her active and alert.
The people are friendly and quite accomodating. Our experience has been wonderful. I would recommend this facility to anyone looking for a safe and caring place for there parents!

Nice place, overall

Our experience with Brookdale has been a good one, overall. The place is nice looking and generally very clean, and the staff and caregivers are all very friendly. My only real complaint would be that they could be more on top of communication with families.

Caring and Responsive

The caregivers in the Memory Care Unit are kind, caring and friendly. They work tirelessly to engage our mother and make her feel welcome and comfortable. We trust they will take good care of her. The facility has been there a while, but has undergone some upgrades to make it not seem quite so old. All rooms are given a good cleaning and freshening (i.e., new paint and carpet and even appliances if necessary) prior to move-in. While they have been most responsive to our ever-changing needs, the administrative processes at this facility could use some help. This one issue prevents me from giving them a higher score.

Spacious rooms

The rooms here are very large and comfortable. The staff and my Nurse are great.

fixed complaints frome the beginning

We had run into a couple of issues in the beginning but they corrected them.

All in all Mom is happy at this facility

The staff at Brookdale Emerson is nice and Mom has made friends with the residents. Mom has made an easy transition and she does like it there and enjoys being involved in activities. Mom has to go to health care appointments and they take her on the bus twice a week free of charge which is a nice benefit. But the housekeeping for the apartments is not what it should be. I think they are just coming in and changing sheets and leaving. They have misplaced Mom's linens several times. The food is not the best at this facility but they claim they are trying to improve. Things get done there eventually but you need to keep on them and ask several times. Another thing I would mention is the billing has been incorrect. But, all in all Mom is happy at this facility and that is really the most important thing.

Great Personal Care

I have just been very impressed with the level of personal care and personal attention at Emeritus at Emerson. They really make an effort to go all out and get to know you and make you feel comfortable.

They can improve on giving human beings silverware. They were choking on their chicken the other night and drinking out of styro-foam cups. With the amount of money they are charging, the food is horrible. Every single person complained about the food. The fact you can't give these people a fork and a knife to eat with is disgusting.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time share your feedback. Please contact us at familyconnection[at]brookdale[dot][com] to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

Nice place, overall

Overall I think they do a good job at Emeritus at Emerson. Since moving in Mom has shown a lot of improvement, she seems to be much better off here. The staff are friendly and helpful, and it is a nice looking place in general (although they are currently undergoing some construction). I have, however, had some issues with their billing department, it has been hard to get in touch with them or to get a return call.

Mixed experience

We've had somewhat of a mixed experience with Emeritus at Emerson so far. The staff here are all very very friendly, they do a great job looking after the residents and keeping everything clean. They also offer a great variety of activities, entertainment, and family events! However some of the services were not what we were expecting them to be. The transportation service they offer only operates on Monday and Friday, and unfortunately that just does not work for some of the appointments my loved one needs. We're also disappointed with the food, it just is not all that impressive.

A wonderful place

John Sorrentino has been wonderful to Frank Sinapoli's family even though Frank is not in the Facility we took advantange of the promotion and John made all the paperwork very easy

Frank Sinapoli is now in care one in Westwood being rehabilited before he arrives at Emeritus huge applause to John and this facility is wonderful..

Review of Emeritus at Emerson Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Emerson, NJ

Liked this facility very much!

First Stop

Tom is a great manager for this location. He was so helpful.

Average at best

This facility could use some improvements. The care is adequate but somewhat short tempered and rough. The medical care is disorganized.

nice facility...just a litt...

nice facility...just a little further than I wanted to home.

Nice looking place

We toured this location when we were looking into care options for our loved one. This place was very nice looking. However when we visited it seemed like there was no staff there and a few things were contracted between 1 staff member and another. We left with an unsure feeling.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.