Brookdale Remington Park - Lubbock, TX

Not the right spot for mom

I would rate this place only 1 star out of 5 It smelt really bad when we walked in and looked not kept up at all. Just didn't get a good vibe here. It felt like a nursing home not a retirement community.

We are happy with the care from this community. We like knowing that it is nearby. The staff are caring and attentive. The menu offers healthy meals. They have alot of good activites. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one for the good value and care

The staff was very kind the residence looked happy there were a few places that looked like they needed to be cleaned but overall very well-kept . The rooms were lovely and look like they might be just what we're looking for especially for the price

A Helpful Tour

I had a good experience touring and they were friendly. We had to wait but someone else showed us around. I liked that it was in my neighborhood but it was not a good fit. The dining room sat too many residents and I felt my mom who get intimidated trying to move around.

A nice place to visit

The staff I met at this community were very nice and the community seemed clean. They offer daily activities and some nice amenities. I liked this community.

Wonderful Community, Tour was Very Nice

This is a wonderful community, and my tour of it went very well. The community looked great, everything was very neat, and tidy. Everyone was very kind my family, and myself. Everything went well, but unfortunately they were unable to take my father in the condition he was in at the time.

I toured this facility for my mother. It was a nice tour. The community looks nice. The staff was kind and friendly. They were very helpful and kind to the residents. They do offer nice activities and good food. The management was very informative as well. It was a nice tour.

Friendly, caring staff

Our experience with Brookdale Remington Park has been a very good one, so far. Our loved one can be a bit difficult to deal with, but the people here are friendly, patient, and professional, and they've done a great job taking care of her. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and it just seems like a nice place overall!

Communication with the family definitely needs to be improved.

So far it's pretty good. She is happy with the food. Communication with the family definitely needs to be improved. I don't know who to talk to about what, or how everything works. An on-boarding, or orientation, would have been nice.

In the middle of renovations. May be done by Dec 2015. When asked about activities the answer was it was a work in progress. Not a good sign. Staff was not professionally dressed. Not impressed with this community.

So far it's working out well.

So far it's working out well. It's very clean, and the staff is friendly. They respond pretty quickly if the button is pushed. There are plenty of activities and things to do. I would give the food about a four. I do feel that I get my money's worth. We chose based on the location. They are remodeling and the construction can be a bit of a pain at times. I would rate them very highly so far, though.

They did everything well. They worked with us financially and bent over backwards to help us out and I'd have to give them a five on all of that, it's a great place.

Quick overview of facility and staff and food.

My sister has lived there for 2 months, and is very happy with the staff and facility. The food is adequate and healthy, altho supper could be improved. It is skimpy and not always cooked to satisfaction.

I've been satisfied with them.

I've been satisfied with them. They do everything, they do housekeeping once a week, and they do my laundry. The staff is really very friendly, and most of the residents are too. They have bingo and stuff to do, but I mostly just walk my dog. I liked that you can have pets here, it would be nice if there was a dog park we could go to. They have three meals a day and it's pretty good, I am a pretty picky eater, and I have gotten along just fine. I am pretty happy with it.

A Great Place for Everyone

Dad and I would recommend Emeritus at Elmbrook Estates to anyone needing a place for their loved one. I needed a place for Dad where he felt comfortable, felt secure, and felt like he was a part of the community. Dad loves his privacy when he needs it, but loves to be social when he wants to attend his favorite activity, bingo, or go out to lunch "with the men". I cherish the moments that we spend together. Outdoor activities such as the grill/music events, make for extra special times. All the staff greet me with a smile each time I am there. I feel like they are not only an asset for my dad, but for me as well.

We are really happy with Emeritus.

We are really happy with Emeritus. Medication administration, has been my only issue, I have had difficulty getting information on if she is taking them or refusing them. We have since straightened it out. She loves the variety of the food and the fact that they have options for meals. They have two selections on the menu for each meal.

Sam Pollock

We are pleased to hear that any concerns you had regarding the care your loved one has been receiving have been addressed. We take the care of our seniors very seriously, and appreciate the feedback.

A few things are not quite what we expected.

There have been a few things we are finding out. What we were told is not all the way true, not all the staff is certified to handle patient care. There have been Doctors' orders that haven't been filled and it's been two weeks. Our one concern with Emeritus, is with the meals, as she has diabetes and controls that with her diet, They tried to say that they have alternatives, and they do have a salad you can get, but there are not diabetic specific options. I felt that this was misleading on the tour. The place is nice, and the staff is great, but they don't have enough staff to help her walk around, she isn't getting enough exercise. I am very happy with the rooms here they are a good size. They have a nursing service, Calvert, kind of like a home care agency, that is there, and there have been issues with their service. They said they didn't have time to help mom, and then they helped her but with an attitude about helping.

Sam Pollock

We apologize that you and your loved one’s experience with our community is not meeting your expectations. As an Assisted Living community, we staff Resident Aides to assist with daily living; however, unlike a Certified Nurse’s Aide, they do not assist with nursing or therapy services. Please be assured that we work diligently to fill all doctor’s orders once they are received, even those obtained without notice to the community. Regarding your concerns about the meal options at Elmbrook Estates, we are pleased to inform you that we have recently added new menu options for those with diet restrictions. For any additional concerns regarding meals, we invite you to contact our Dining Service Director. Additionally, we have spoken with Calvert regarding this incident, and have been notified that they will be scheduling a follow-up soon.

Everything is working out well.

Everything is working out well. They are clean, and the staff is friendly. They are good with communication, and getting in touch with me. The food is excellent and they have choices. We don't really have any complaints, or anything we would like to see done better.

We looked at it. They are ...

We looked at it. They are owned by Emeritus as is Cottage Village. All levels of Assisted living. Bruce studio assisted is $2600.They make beds, wash clothes, cable TV, nurses and Phy Assistants liaison with doctorsgreat meals, activities, bus to Dr. visits, other shopping, life alert in house, lively life enrichment, 2 nurses, custom care.

Graduated Care and Good Activities

The care is satisfactory. I think the activities are great but father won't participate. The calender looks really good and the other residents seem to enjoy them. They have sitter-cise, cards, dominoes, different holiday meals, and a big media room. They have a lot of things going on but I can't get him out of his room. The activities are very conducive to socialization at that age.

We've eaten quite a few meals there and the food seems good. My father thinks that they could have more corn bread. That was kind of a staple for people of his generation. I've talked to several of the residents who agreed. He's been there 3 months and they've only had it twice. My father thinks the food is not as good as it should be but I think it's fairly quality, especially for that many residents. I think there's a little over a hundred.

What really sold me on Emeritus is the fact that it's graduated care. They have 5 levels of care so as my father declines he would not have to be moved from one facility to another and have to get used to new people and places. That was a huge plus to me.

Caught my eye

We looked at about 4 other communities and Emeritus just kind of caught my eye. When we talked to them and toured the community they made me feel confident they would be able to handle the situation. The rooms they have are also very nice. We would recommend them to anyone.

Elmbrook Estates

So far we've had a great experience with Elmbrook Estates. Dad seems to be settling in nicely and adjusting to a new environment. The people at Elmbrook are very caring and willing to assist with any matter whether it's their job title or not.

Beautiful place. Above our budget.

Beautiful place. Above our budget.

Beautiful, 2-story facility. I only ...

Beautiful, 2-story facility. I only saw 1 respite-care room

I really like this facility especiall...

I really like this facility especially because they will do CBA.

vey high

vey high

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.