Brookdale East Side - Fayetteville, NY

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Caring and Friendly Staff

So far, we have been very happy with Brookdale East Side. The staff seems friendly and caring, and they have many activities to keep the residents stimulated like morning stretches, exercise, and games. The place is clean, and the food is very good. The chef there really believes in farm to table, so they use a lot of fresh, local items. I also like that the place is pretty small and easy to navigate. It feels comfortable and homey here, and we are very pleased.

Review of Brookdale East Side - Fayetteville, NY

[removed names], and staff are great! They knock themselves out trying to provide residents with excellent care. I know that working at an assisted living facility isn't easy. This is a very demanding population with many physical and mental issues.
I am grateful for the care that my mom receives and she and I feel like these people are our friends.

Review of Brookdale East Side - Fayetteville, NY

I found this assisted living facility to be an excellent community of living for several reasons. Residents are very active and treated with compassion and respectful staff.
The food is delicious with a variety of choices for the residents. The activities director is very involved with activities that are quite creative and which the residents look forward to. The atmosphere is friendly, the rooms are clean and overall, a very nice facility!

Review of Brookdale East Side - Fayetteville, NY

I call all at Eastside my angels, for the care, concerns, and kindness they show my mom, is truly heaven sent. It is beyond a community, it is a family. There are many that have worked with my mom for a number of years that know the ins and outs of dementia and treat her with dignity and grace no matter how difficult things can be. I definitely give Brookdale Eastside a five star rating!

pleasant experience!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had received at this community. The facility was very well maintained and they had a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. They had a large dinning room that would fit everyone comfortably and lots of common areas for families to enjoy.

Not the right fit!

The people here were really nice and very helpful. We just did not think that this would be a good fit for mom. She was not on the level where she needed total care. The place just felt like a nursing home and institutionalized.

A Good Fit For My Aunt

My aunt is doing very well here at this community. It is really a good fit for her and her needs. They have a good staff here, they have been very responsive and helpful. The community looks nice, everything is very nice and clean. I know she is being cared for well here. This is a community I would recommend, it has worked out well for us.

The staff at Brookdale are very caring and helpful. My Mom was very leary of moving to assisted living but in a matter of hours loved it there. Went back to visit her 2 days later and she was so happy after years of being lonely. My Mom is not an easy person to deal with but the staff enjoy her and care for her in such a caring way. She has a beautiful room and joins in the activities. Kim the director is so pleasing to work with. My Mom paid 3 years for companions in her home out of pocket. The lack of care by the companions was horrible. I commend Kim, Lynne, Melissa, and a special aide named Alice. Its so great to know I don't have to worry about my Mom at Brookdale. After 3 years of extreme stress trying to care for my Mom I can finally relax knowing she is getting great care.

A place worth considering for the people you love

The minute I stepped inside the front door the staff were extremely focused on my mom and her needs.

It seemed as though everyone I met, from Chef, to Activities director, to Executive director and nursing staff really had Alices' best interest at hand.

They made her comfortable on her first day, and cared for her like she was a member of "their" family.

All they did, .... they did it with "sincerity."

Brookdale Review

My mother is just getting used to her Brookdale home. The staff is helpful, friendly, and courteous. They make sure all my mother's needs are met. I visit often and am impressed with the variety of daily activities to choose from. My mother loves the food. She has made several friends and dines with a great group of people. We have been pleased with her care. Shortly after Mom moved in Rob came to install a new door, new light fixtures, and new venetian blinds. WOW! Great service.

We are very happy with the care and activities at Brookdale FayettevilleThe food is a nice variety and healthful,they even had a special meal for all the veterans.They greet and introduce all new clients

Amazing staff

My Dad passed away on the 9th of September. While he was in this facility they took very good care of him. The staff was amazing.

They are excellent at everything. They are very cordial and willing to help and do anything they can.

My biggest complaint with Emeritus at East Side Manor is the food. My mother did complain about it a few times.

So far we are pretty satisfied.

So far we are pretty satisfied. They keep it clean and the staff is friendly. They are very responsive. They have a lot of activities, and they are very encouraging. The food is well proportioned and are nutritional. They do have alternatives if you don't like the featured entree.

Doesn't have the care neede...

Doesn't have the care needed for Dad. Need a place for both.

They were cleaning house with a constant turnover of personnel.

I put her there at a bad time as they were going through a huge transitional period, since there was a constant turnover of personnel, they were cleaning house and she was only there six months. I had no problems but just a constant turnover there and I didn't think the social director was qualified. Clean and friendly but just a constant turnover of personnel. She was there ony a year ago. She kept falling and they didn't work with her, she was just there. They didn't encourage her to do things. She wasn't unhappy there but it was a bad time due to housecleaning. They probably realized the problems there and were in the middle of fixing it. I will say when you go into most places you have to furnish them yourself, and they were able to furnish it for her with furniture they had in the basement that was left from other people.And they put together a lovely room.

Good So Far

The consistency of the staff and when things are scheduled could be better (activities and care rotations). It's not drastic but it could be better. The variety of their social events is good. My father-in-law likes it. He has good days and bad days. He's still adjusting.

Great Activities

We've been so happy. My mother is doing so well there. The staff is friendly and very caring. She likes the food and that is surprising because when she was living on her own a lot of the time she didn't eat because things didn't appeal to her. The variety and number of activites are great They never make her feel pressured to do anything. She'll go down every morning and do chair exercises. One morning might me stretching the next might be something else. They have tv and bus trips to different places. On Sundays they'll have a walk around the building and ice cream. Once a month they have something for family to come to. Next month is a luau dinner.

They've been very helpful to me and very responsive. Of the places we visited this felt the most like home.

Best Fit

We selected Emeritus over other communities because it seemed to be the best fit for our loved one. There was one other community that was really good as well but Emeritus just had immediate availability to we ended up choosing them. We would recommend them to anyone.

The grounds are very pretty.

Originally chosen a different place, but I didn’t realize how close “Emeritus” was. The grounds are very pretty. My mom is a very particular eater the food is good and they work with her.