Brookdale Lawrenceville - Lawrenceville, GA

Small community was nice but it didn’t seem to be exactly what we were looking for in a community. Not as much social for the residents. I want gram to feel part of a community that likes each other.

Kind Tour

I toured this community for my grandparents, and their needs. Overall the tour went well. The community looked well-kept, everything appeared to be nice, and clean. It was a good experience, but I did not feel this was the right for my grandparents.

My visit

We liked this community when we visited it. The staff were nice and the community seemed clean. The room at this community was a little smaller than what we were looking for.

Good tour!

I had a good tour of Brookdale. It was less expensive than other communities that we were looking into. It might be the best for my loved one.

TLC

I toured this community and was not happy with the tour for the care for my brother. It is an old community and not what we were looking for. The staff did not acknowledge us and that did not give us a good feeling. We would not recommend this community unless that can make sure that they are more helpful. The rooms were very small. I suggest other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

the facility was nice, about 50 residents with a nurse and caregivers. Lots of common areas. The rooms were nice, the elevator is good. overall a good place. I would say 4 of 5 stars at this time

Brookdale Lawrenceville 👍👍👍👍👍

Staff is very friendly and helpful and the food is much better than our previous location!

Brookdale gets 5 stars from me!!

Mom was at Brookdale Lawrenceville for about a month before moving out of state. If she could have stayed there we would have liked it. The staff are nice and attentive to the residents. The community is clean and well maintained. The food is good and I would recommend this community.

slightly understaffed

I think that maybe the place is slightly understaffed. I think the staff that they have there is excellent, but especially in memory care they need more people on staff. There is not quite as much personal attention as I thought there would be. The inside is pleasant, but the grounds could use a little work.

Mixed experience

Our experience with Brookdale Lawrenceville has been a mixed one, and unfortunately somewhat of a disappointment. I toured quite a few communities in the area and Brookdale really stood out as being one of the best in terms of how the facility looked, the attitudes of the staff, and the services they offer. Unfortunately our loved one suffered a fall shortly after moving in, which was the exact thing we were trying to avoid. We're still trying to work with them since it really does seem like a nice place, but other families whose loved ones are fall risks may want to be aware of what happened in our case.

Brookdale Lawrenceville

Brookdale Lawrenceville is a great facility; they have a new Executive Director that is very caring and responsive. My mom has been there for a month now and they have been very good with helping through the transition and different medication changes.

Very nice place, incredible staff!

We've had a very good experience with Brookdale Lawrenceville! The staff here really go above and beyond anything I've experienced at other communities. The contact person, Charlotte, was incredibly helpful throughout the whole process, and went out of her way to make sure everything was ready for Mom when she arrived! The facility itself is a little old and worn down, but the people here more than make up for it. Everyone who works here really seem to enjoy what they do, and some of their aide staff have been there for more than 10 years! They work very well with my loved one, they're very accommodating to her moods while still getting everything done that needs to be done. I can't recommend them highly enough!

Great atmosphere, staff ver...

Great atmosphere, staff very kind with impressive experience and knowledge, residents interactive and welcoming, various activities giving her options to find those she enjoys, upfront management with a professional yet approachable manner. Flexible regarding visiting, family interaction, and having her assessed. The only possible negative would be the atmosphere in some ways could make younger or timid family members uneasy due to the structured, facility atmosphere as opposed to a more home/house environment.

I would reccommed this to everyone.

The people at the facility were very helpful in getting my Mother in law settled in and calmed down once she realized she would be staying there. By the time my husband finished with the paperwork they had her walking around and enjoying the place. So far she has done very well and has accepted this is her new home for now. She is still very confused about what is real and what is her imagination at the moment but the staff have made her feel that she is at home. The people ay A Place for Mom were wonderful and helped us find her a place very quickly that was right for her and for us. It has made the process a pleasant one for all concerned.

Nice looking place, felt institutional

We toured this location when we were looking into care options for a loved one. Everything looked fine at this facility, it was well kept and clean and the staff all seemed friendly and helpful. However this facility just had an institutional feel about it, it was not warm or inviting at all. We didn't feel like this place was a good fit for what we were looking for for our loved one.

Working Out Well

They bring in different kinds of groups and try and keep the residents satisfied. It would be great to have more variety in the menu, that's really the only thing that I could think of that they could improve. It is extremely convenient for me, so I can see my mom regularly. I also like the consistency of their staff, you really don't see lots of turnover, which is tremendously important.

Nice, big rooms

I was real happy with them, they just didn't have anything open at the time. It was more like her type of a place, it was older, had bigger rooms, she could have gotten all of her furniture in there.

Everything seems to be going well!

Well my aunt seems to be very happy, it's clean, it sounds like a very nice facility. I've been very happy with the billing, the price just went up a little bit because they were using a little bit more briefs than they were expecting, but we were expecting that. They've done everything we've asked, I'm much happier with it than where she was before.
I know she goes out, shopping and dinner and what not. She's in more of an assisted living kind of thing so I don't know the specifics of what activities she does daily but I do know she goes out.

Exceptional, caring staff

He wasn't there but 9 days, they were the only ones that would really even talk to me about dealing with his wound bac. and they didn't seem to think it was a problem and they dealt with it really well, they didn't even balk at it. They were extremely helpful, the employees there are just exceptional, the lady at the front desk who answers the phones spent 3 hours with me helping me set up his room because I didn't have any help. They had appointments for Thursdays to take them to their appointments and he already had one that had been set up for forever for another day but two of them got together and took him. He always had a cat and they let him bring it, in fact, one of the employees, when my daddy died, took the cat with him so I didn't have to deal with anything, they took care of all of it. Everybody was just exceptional, I can't say enough about them. The nurse called me everyday to give me an update on him and when he went to the hospital the nurse came twice a day to see him, they brought big buckets full of snacks for us to have because they knew we would be there around the clock.They were the least expensive and they had levels of care. I would recommend them to ANYBODY!

Too small

Too small

left before the tour, not worth my ti...

left before the tour, not worth my time or there's. No securtiy, no staff, door left open with a box. No one at reception, Memory patients could have just walked out. DO NOT RECOMMEND!

I really, really liked this place. It...

I really, really liked this place. It was smallish but I like that because I thought she wouldn't get lost in the shuffle there. This is definitely one to consider.

Courtyard Gardens was nice. It seems...

Courtyard Gardens was nice. It seems to be an older facility. the Director was nice, but I found it very interesting that she did not offer to show me the memory care unit even after I asked about it. She made sure to tell me that the unit has only female residents which really isn't an issue.

Smaller, the lady that gave us our to...

Smaller, the lady that gave us our tour seemed to really care about keeping the residents active. She knew them by name.

Facility had a very clean appearence....

Facility had a very clean appearence. Staff was professional and caring to the needs of my situation.The rooms were very nice. The programs and activities offered to the residents were are great. Dinning room very clean and provided a resuraunt setting. I was very pleased with the tour, the staff and the facility. The level of care and on site spervision was impressive.

Love the place. Clean, Cheerful and g...

Love the place. Clean, Cheerful and great staff.

Mom does not like

Mom does not like

Top of my list.

Top of my list.

The community of Courtyard Gardens welcomes residents and visitors alike with a warm and comfortable sense of being at home among friends. From the garden that residents cultivate with flowers and vegetables to the lovely enclosed courtyard to the fireplaces in our common areas, there's a special spot for everyone to enjoy. Located at the end of a cul-de-sac, Courtyard Gardens, has many safe places to take a stroll, and is within walking distance of a bank. Respite Care is available at Courtyard Gardens, as is a Life Guidance neighborhood. This special area is designed with security features to meet the unique needs of people with Alzheimer's or other memory impairments. Residents here receive three nutritious meals a day and participate in enriching activities to help them feel comfortable and connected to their environment.