Brookdale Conway - Orlando, FL

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment every day. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Amenities and Services
• Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
• Medication management
• Dining assistance and special diets
• Assistance with reminders and redirection
• Escorts and assistance with walking
• Emergency response call system
• Housekeeping
• Laundry and linen service

Good care for a friend

The care at this is very good. We like knowing that she is happy and does the variety of meals.
The staff is caring and attentive to her needs. The community is clean and maintained. We like knowing that she is in a good environment with good care. We would recommend this community to other families

Tour well done

This is a very nice assisted living community and the staff did a very good job during my tour here, they showed me all around and answered my question. I just felt that it was not the right fit for myself but worth a tour to see for yourself.

My tour

This looked like a nice clean community when I visited. The people I met were nice and they did offer some daily activities. This community is more for assisted living and dad was looking for a more independent active community.

Good But Can Improve

The Good:
1. Clean (no pee smell)
2. Friendly Staff

The Not So Good:
1. Health Assessment prior to admission DID NOT PROPERLY IDENTIFY Medical Needs and, more importantly, "Medical Costs"
2. The "Activities" don't seem to be as helpful and intense as "advertised" ..... While the Calendar looks full and effective, many of the activities either do not happen or a "weak" activities
3. Their "rules and requirements" are VERY RIGID and diminish the experience which is not what one needs when facing this situation with a loved one

Nice place, friendly people

My friend resides at this facility and I visit often. The staff is always friendly and inviting. The rooms and facility are clean and no odors are present. I was able to participate in dining and musical activity. The food was good and offered many choices. The staff seem to be involved in many jobs and the same people can be seen in the dining room, doing the laundry and giving care. I would recommend this facility for others.

Nice vacation!

The staff was great on the visit that my father in law had. He enjoyed it and the meals were good. The people were helpful and they welcomed him. We thought that all had gone good for the both of us with this stay.

Too much like a nursing home!!

When I had to spoke to the administration at this community I did not like the fact that they offered only single room apartments. I would have wanted my parents to be able to have the same room and not be separated. I also thought it was too much like a nursing home instead of an assisted living home. Overall it was just not the right fit for my mom and dad.

My Friend is In Good Hands at This Community

My friend is doing great here at this community. They are doing a great job caring for her and needs. She has adjusted well, and we both are very pleased with everything. I know she is safe and in good hands. They have a great staff, they have been very attentive and helpful. Everything has worked well for her here. This is a community I would recommend.

IMPROVEMENT NEEDED

Prompt attention to needs of residents continues to be a problem. Call system is not answered promptly. wait time for staff response can be over an hour while staff is observed to not be busy. upper management very involved in problem solving. Activities are frequent and well managed. The facility is kept clean but resident rooms are not. Beds are not made every day. Beds are remade with same linen after being soiled by a resident. if you use this facility for a family member you need to be on premises frequently.

Dissapointed

Visited my Friend who had just finished lunch. We went to his room Urine smell was palpable. His room was a mess, dirt from a plant 2-3" on floor in corner no plant around. Housekeeper who changed bed did not feel the need to sweep or vacuum floor. My Friend is incontinent and pays for additional care but was left to sit in his wet shorts in spite of the Attends he wore.

Not A Good Fit For Us

Our experiences have not been a good one. They are not caring for my friend very well. They informed me they were able to care for dementia patients, but they are not good at caring for him. Some of his things comes up missing at times. His first week here he wasn't bathed or shaved. I will say they do a good job at keeping the community clean. The staff are hard workers and they do their best. The director is trying her hardest to work with me. It just is not a good fit for us.

IMPROVEMENT NOTED

This as an update to my Nov 2015 review. The facility has a new administrator who is very proactive. there have been multiple changes for the better. The remodel has been completed and the facility is always clean. Staff is friendly and most seem genuinely interested in the residents. There are multiple activities available to residents throughout the day.

not going well

Brookdale Conway is not going well. I had to go up there at 10 pm and change my mothers colonoscopy bag. I had to hire a private caregiver with my mother and they pushed the emergency button and no one came. The caregiver went to find a staff member and she was watching TV even though she could here the button going off. Right now I am not very happy. Supposedly they are trying. I am a nurse practitioner and you would think they would be doing better. I am sitting tight. The day shift is wonderful. The LPN's during they day are really good to improve the evening shift. But right now it is not good. They need to be more responsive. The administrator has two buildings and is not a constant presence. When you have older residents all alone all night that's not a good thing. We need to be advocates for them. They are charging me maximum price and not providing the care I need. Right now I am sitting tight and I will see if things improve.

HIGHLY RECCOMEND

With any placement of a senior there are always glitches. This facility has worked with myself and my family to make this transition for my family member as easy as [possible. Staff is present and helpful. I would highly recommend. I am in the health care industry so I am a tough critic.

This is the community we wanted to be at.

This is the community we wanted to be at. They sent me to a different location, because there were no openings here. That did not turn out well. I liked the director here very much, and I think that if we had come here, we would have had a much better experience.

place was nice enough-close...

place was nice enough-close to home and maybe better suited to her. not glamourous but clean and the director was helpful-his own family member is living there-so that is a personal testimony to the place.

very well organized, good helpful sta...

very well organized, good helpful staff, close to home, very clean, PT, OT, SPEECH Therapies available, on call staff are very good...good nutritional meals, group therapy available for family members, excellant memory care unit.

The Staff is Amazing

The community is only about 5 minutes away from me so it makes it very convenient for our family. When I visit I like to talk to the residents and they seem really happy. The girls that work here are really doing a great job and are working their behinds off to make it the best they can. When you bring up a concern they will address it and make any necessary adjustment. They conduct walk around every two hours to ensure all the residents are being taken care of. They have semi-private rooms that still provide plenty of privacy, there is a wall that separates the room but they still have someone here with them. The lounges in this community are very pretty and very nice to just sit and talk to residents. We are very happy with Emeritus and would recommend them to anyone.

Took a tour of this one. O...

Took a tour of this one. Out of Dad's price range. Was disappointed with the Lisa on the tour. While touring, a resident approached Lisa and told her no one had given her medication to her that day. Lisa said it would be coming soon and dismissed her very quickly.