Brookdale Colonie - Latham, NY

Liked the director very much. Liked that it was on one floor. Room very small compared to Brookdale Nisk. Still possible. Good location. Peg nows this place. [Removed] mother-in-law here.
[Removed] was great

Good Experience, Tour Was A Good One

This a lovely community, and my tour of it was a nice one. The community looked great from what we saw. Everyone was very friendly to my family, and I. The staff we came across was nice, and helpful. Our questions were answered, and the experience went well overall.

Nice Experience, Pleasant Tour

I had a good tour of this community. It is a nice community with kind people. The only issue we had were that the room they showed us were small. The layout of the community was similar to a college dorm. The experience went well, and everyone was nice. However I did find a community that suited our needs better.

Very happy with Brookdale Colonie

My aunt has been there since December and has been doing good. We started looking at places because she was not safe to be at home and she didnt want to live with family. She is doing more now than she was at home. She goes on trips and attends the happy hour. The facillity does the cleaning and manages her doctors appointments. She is making alot of friends as well. One of my aunt friends needed a facility as well and we encouraged them to consider Brookdale.

No a bad community

Mom does not like the food at this community. She has only been there a few weeks and so far the staff have been great. They are encouraging mom to participate in some of the daily activities. Mom did say she thinks they are understaffed and they can not seem to keep staff members. The community seems clean and well taken care of.

A good place!

The staff at the Brookdale are all very friendly and accommodating. The place is very clean and maintained well. I would recommend it to anyone looking. The only complaint my father had was the food. They were not his favorite.

This place had a very depressing tone to me. It was somewhat dark in there and the place smelled so bad of urine. It made me sad to hear that some of the residents had been there for 10 years. There was nothing hanging on the walls that was pleasant to look at or nothing stimulating that jump out at me.

Poorly managed, terrible food

This place is very poorly managed. They have a very high turnover of staff: aides and cooks. My mother just gets to know someone and they quit. The food is inedible five out of seven days per week. Chicken is so dry and tough they can't even cut it with a knife. Complaints are ignored. Many cooks have come and gone with no improvement.
Managers tell you what you want to hear, then noting changes. We are looking for a new place where we don't worry about our mother going hungry. We put a refrigerator in her room and have to bring food for her every week.

Bad food/Meals

the food is bad at Brokkdale Colonie. The meat is over cooked and of poor quality. My Dad has a hard time eating it . Get anything they tell you in writing as they say anything to get you to choose this facility. They do not have enough staff and the turnover in staff is often.

Very happy with Brookdale Colonie

My dad has been at Brookdale since May. He is settling in well. The staff are all wonderful and are good at getting him to participate in activities. One of the reasons we chose Brookdale was because of all the activities they offer. The food is good - we have had our whole family in to join dad for dinner multiple times and have never had an issue. Everyone is friendly from the manager to the receptionist. All the staff know whats going on with my dad and communicate well with us about his progress doing physical therapy. His mood has improved greatly since being at Brookdale. I think he was lonely before living at home but wouldnt admit. I would recommend this place to anyone.

KEEP LOOKING!

99% of the reviews here are for [Removed]. After Brookdale bought it, things really changed! Rooms are still incredibly small. No storage in the bathroom at all! Food quality is not worth $6000 a month! Don't believe what they say - there's NO raised garden. NO coffee shop, NO hiking trails, NO woodworking, blah, blah, blah. Whatever they promise, get in writing and prepare to pay for. And check on.

EVERY TINY THING costs extra. There's no clock in the room. Forget to come to lunch on time and have to be reminded - $400 a month. And no chance to change that for 6 months (long after you acquire a clock!)

Someone finally called the Health Dept about them serving SODA with meals. Now it's juices, milk, coffee, tea. Activities are pretty much a repetitive joke.

The worst thing? All the great staff leave. Must be the way they are paid, scheduled, treated, managed, something. It's too bad.

Facility had a nursing home feel. Old carpets with a smell. Small rooms like hospital rooms.

Everything Is Going Great

My mom is living at this community and so far she is enjoying herself. The staff respectful, caring, friendly, and always there when she needs help. This community is clean and tidy everywhere. My mom especially loves the roast beef and she requested a low-sodium diet so the dietitian educated Mom on healthy choices. Activities are available, my mom has partake in ice cream social, musical entertainment, and armchair exercise. This is a place for your loved ones to enjoy everyday.

Toured, seemed like a very nice place

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. I thought this place had a layout that would work well for someone with minor memory issues, it's a big circle. We ended up selecting another community based on proximity to family, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

Seems like a nice place

I think they do a good job overall at Emeritus at Colonie Manor, although unfortunately it was not a good fit for our loved one. It's a nice looking place, the staff are friendly, and they have a lot of different services and activities they provide for the residents.

Nice place overall, some room for improvement

Overall I think they do a nice job at Emeritus at Colonie Manor. The staff here are friendly and caring, and they've been very patient when dealing with my loved one. The facility itself is well kept and clean for the most part. However there have been a few things they could have done better. Her room wasn't entirely prepared when she moved in, and there were a few things that didn't get fixed until I specifically requested them. Also, at one point she had to be taken to the hospital at night, and although they had 3 emergency contact numbers they only tried one of them, so we did not find out she was in the hospital until later the next day.

Colonie Manor proves best

Emeritus at Colonie Manor has a good variety of events and goings on. what they do best is TREAT my relative like a next door neighbor. One of the heads there Mike Morris looks out for R**** every day. It took a while for R**** to even visit the place to see if he wanted to live there, but Mike kept on offering. Eventually Mike and the staff won R**** over , and he came to visit and liked it. Mike always updates us on the good times and the the not-so-good times so we knew R**** is WELL cared for....not taken care of,....cared for. Mike befriended R****, and that wasn't such an easy task. R**** was set in his ways. R**** is a little less picky these days, and is more relaxed since he moved to Colonie Manor.

If you get a chance, ask for Mike for your family member.

A Wonderful Community

The emeritus people call to let me know how my loved one is doing. They call every week. If I could rate them a six, I would. Meet and greet the people who live there. Michael Morris is their director and he’s fantastic. The location is fantastic as well, close to drug stores and other services that a person could use. The community is very clean, even the lawn is well manicured.

Very happy on the whole. The rooms are very small.

Professional...Caring...Family Oriented

From our first meetings, through move in and now in our second month, all has progressed with as little stress possible.Not an easy decision or transition however the administration and staff at Emeritus Colonie Manor has eased our family and especially our Dad into this new stage of living. He is comfortable, safe and well cared for. We pay an enhanced fee (still 1/2 the cost of other local residences) as my Dad is visually impaired and also receives shots daily. Still independent and treated as a person with dignity. He has also made new friends and is very social. We can rest knowing that we have made a good choice.

The community is beautiful. It's great!

The community is beautiful. It's great. I'm keeping it on my list for myself. They were great! I would recommend it to anyone. It just wasn't the best fit for our needs at the time.

Emeritus at Colonie Manor a positive experience

My wife spent a month at Emeritus at Colonie Manor for Respite care. She has had Parkinsons Disease for 15 years and although I was reluctant to leave her, I needed a vacation from my job as her caregiver. We visited twice met with senior staff and took a tour of the facility. It was very clean and the kitchen was immaculate . During her stay everyone of the staff were attentive, friendly and very important to Parkinsons patients her medications were given on time. She truly enjoyed her stay, she met new friends and staff members hugged her good by when she left and a few even had tears in their eyes. As you can guess I would not hesitate to reccommend Emeritus at Colonie for a short or long term stay.

Assisted Living

We toured Emeritus as a family so all members involved could ask questions and see what was offered. The facility was clean, residents appeared content, and staff were seen interacting and smiling. Director and Assistant director were very helpful and made suggestions to help guide us through the move of our parent. There have been some issues to straighten out concerning daily needs but issues were addressed and solutions are trying to be found. We are paying for a higher level of care and unfortunately, the care isn't always available. We are working toward resolving issues with the directors. Hearing the residents during visits, we realize there are many complaints and the staff may get tired of hearing recurring gripes. Overall we feel Emeritus is run efficiently and problems have occurred due to inefficient workers who probably don't care for their job.

Emeritus at Colonie Manor - A Friendly Place

My Mom has now been here for a month. She is adjusting well. She enjoys the food and the coffee is better than at some restaurants. She remarks that the place is very clean and her room is always neatened and ready for her when she returns from breakfast. The administrative and nursing staff are attentive and show genuine interest.

I feel that my Mom is in a safe place. I visit regularly and it always feels like a home. The first time I visited my first reaction was "It doesn't have that institutional smell" It isn't new or the most up to date, but it is a home.

Really routine activities

It was fine here, she had a birthday and decided she wanted to move to Florida. Compared to where she is now this is a lot more expensive and her room was a lot smaller. The activites were the same thing over and over but she was happy here until she decided she wanted to move.

Very Pretty

So far everything has been going great. Emeritus is a really pretty community that is very pleasing to the eyes. So far we have nothing to complain about with them and would recommend this community to anyone looking. They really are just a great community with plenty to do if you want to participate.

I did visit here. It was ve...

I did visit here. It was very nice and the location ideal.However, the room size was the size of a college dorm room-very small. I can't see my Dad living in such a small space. Otherwise it was quite lovely.

Liked this place!

Liked this place!

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.